[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm surprised by this albums reception.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I personally love it, after having mixed feelings for my first listen, but I never expected it to get such amazing reception
>Platinum
>Critically acclaimed
>Started a lot of discussion

Why was this album so popular? No trendy sounds, has multiple messages that are critical of the target audience yet it's still THAT album.
>>
Because Kendrick made it. If any other similar artist (i.e. Lupe Fiasco) made it instead, it wouldn't be nearly as popular.
>>
>>70705448
They felt bad that Kendrick got stiffed at the Grammys for that Macklemore album, and after four years realized that they fell for the thrift shop meme, so everyone acted like this was his magnum opus.
>>
How do liberals deal with the fact that the blacker the berry criticizes black on black violence?
>>
File: 1477112937345.jpg (134KB, 802x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1477112937345.jpg
134KB, 802x1199px
>>70705448

I really don't like it desu, and think it's success is a product of coming out at a time where social awareness and political activism were very trendy.

GKMC was legitimately good imo. Kendrick peaked on that.
>>
He was already overwhelming popular before this album, all he had to do was not fuck up
>>
File: IMG_1263.jpg (36KB, 592x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.jpg
36KB, 592x247px
>>70705448
Only white people like this album
>>
>american education
>>
>>70705715

This. It came out at the right time with all the social justice movement prospering. Black people call TPAB corny. The Blacker the Berry is extremely raw and vulgar though.
>>
>>70705566
If you didn't get all your news from pol, fox, and Breitbart, you'd realize liberals acknowledge that black on black violence is a real thing too.
>>
>>70705839
they acknowledge that it's because of white people but ok.
>>
>>70705516
to be fair, if Lupe Fiasco had made it, it would be called Black 2 Life 3: Mama's House Edition and feature a picture of Lupe Fiasco on the cover skateboarding on the rings of Saturn

>>70705566
Black on black violence is a problem, and I'm 100% cool with people discussing it in good-faith. Only have a problem with it when white power knights bring it up as a means to prove that black people are just naturally violent.

>>70705715
>not true, btw

>>70705830
>If I filter my criticism through hypothetical black people and use the word "corny," maybe I won't seem bitter

>>70705849
you alt right fags are always on this v-for-vendetta-ass "the most dangerous thing in the world is a man with nothing to lose" shit, but when someone tries to apply that same logic to a group of people who aren't ancap keyboard warriors, all of a sudden it's some bigass logical leap

I mean the current competing theory is that black people have either a genetic disease or a cultural sickness that is unrelated to 200 years of slavery followed by 100 years of terrorism a second-class citizen status followed by 50 years of gradual legal equality
>>
>>70705566
When this happened black twitter went in on him, I was honestly proud of him for telling it like it is, espcially since he is someone who lived that, so no one could say he is trying to distract people.

They stilled called him a coon though
>>
>>70705448

Fucking Americans can't listen to this album or talk about it without making 100% of the discussion about their fucking political feelings. It's a collection of pieces of music you dickheads you don't have to agree with the messages or even give a fuck what they are if you don't want to

Reasons I love this album

>Melding of many different styles and influences results in tracks with vibes and sounds that at least for me are highly unique and interesting i.e Jazz, funk, rock, spoken word poetry
>Kamasi Washington, George Clinton, Thundercat, Lalah Hathaway, Snoop Dog ect. many extremely awesome musicians and features and who are used in beautiful ways throughout
>King Kunta is a massive fucking banger bump that shit all day son
>I am not a hip hop aficionado but I can't think of any hip hop where the rapper does so many different voices/accents and characters. He raps from different peoples perspectives, looks at ideas from different angles, questions himself, it's very introspective about his own life and how he got to where he is and he looks at his own flaws
>Dat fuckin beat drop on Institutionalized, head nodd city dayum I love that phat groove on that track and the Snoop feature
>Love the contrast from the buzzy obscure intro on These Walls then it just drops you into a nice as RnB tune, nice chords, nice melody. I dig the effected keys solo at the end

I could go on for ages. If you don't like the album, don't think it has good tunes, don't enjoy the grooves and the songs, then fine. But you cunts need to stop your race obsessed bullshit completely overtaking your ability to listen to a piece of music.
>>
>>70705977

The album is extremely political and is "race obsessed". Nearly every track is about race and politics.
>>
Are black americans physically incapable of making music that doesn't revolve around them being black?
>>
>>70705929
i always thought that most blacks just had low iq, is there some sort of secret answer behind their chimping?
>>
>>70706117

Flying Lotus.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.