[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did rock music completely drop off after the early 2010s?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tfw ear.png (19KB, 644x718px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ear.png
19KB, 644x718px
Why did rock music completely drop off after the early 2010s?

Remember when indie rock was coming up in a popular cultural form in the late 2000s/early 2010s

Then like..2012 on up or so popular music went straight hip hop/edm/pop music

What happened?
>>
The rise of nu-males and pussification generation.
>>
>>70703731
It's weird.

Even a band like Radiohead would be considered oppressive to SJWs

it didn't have to end this way bros
>>
>>70703717
So I'm assuming you're only talking about radio music.
>>
>>70703759
I'm curious? Do you actually think this?
>>
>>70703794
not really.

Grizzly Bear weren't exactly 'radio rock', yet they were in that scene of exciting indie rock bands in the late 2000s

Seems like there hasn't been an exciting wave of rock bands that is creating a scene anymore
>>
Cuz fuck indie rock. It was bland garbage people only liked for the aesthetics. Maybe only like Wilco and Arcade Fire were actually great on that end since they tried to mess with more sophisticated ideas.

Not to mention that at the end of the day, despite also being near death, the closest thing to innovation in rock is still happening in metal. It's always either metal or some form of post-rock/post-metal.
>>
>>70703731

In all honesty the rock from that time was progressively getting more bland and low energy. It needed to die.
>>
>>70703821
It's true.

You'll be surprised at the amount of feminists and liberals that will un-ironically listen to Beyonce because of how 'woke' she is.

liberals today are what identity politic evangelical Christians used to be like, listening to shitty music and all.

I kind of wish I was blue pilled like you are though
>>
>>70703853
People have been on the Beyoncé train since the Sasha Fierce album, it ain't anything new, they just like that their hero cares about the same thing they care about.

Not to mention the liberals also like those even more intensely progressive rock bands out there, like Rise Against.
>>
>>70703717
Generation Y/Z happened. Not enough stuck around for rock, the genre has been fully explored already, no meme culture surrounding rock music or their artists, rock has a special time and place but it's time to move on Anon. The Drug War happened, in studio slides racism happened that inspired many hip hop artists of today. Popular drug use such as molly happened. Gun Control at shows became a concern. No war or draft, patriotism dying and a whole shit tom of other political things that probably had an effect on the music industry. There can be a lot of factors that can be looked at why rock has fallen off.
>>
If you're talking about popular rock music, it still exists under a new guise of commerciality: the landfill "indie" bands that write stupid songs and appeal to teenage girls who've just had their first cigarettes. It goes on and on and on OP
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.