[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

yeezus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 1477507215064.png (324KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477507215064.png
324KB, 500x500px
i listened to this album again after pretty much dismissing it and i think it might be his best work, very raw and emotional also very memorable i catch myself singing the choruses to a lot of the songs because they're so catchy. what does /mu/ think of kanye west and yeezus in general?
>>
>>70703447
Favourite Ye album
>>
Ye is a genius and Yeezus would be a 10/10 if he left out I'm In It.
>>
>>70703501
I'm In It is fantastic.
>>
>>70703501
you didnt like "i'm in it"? thats one of my favorites off that album. why so?
>>
>>70703447
I listened to Hold My Liquor on my way home and thought the same thing, Yeezus is visceral, a masterpiece.
Not my favorite of his, but it might be his best.
>>
>>70703515
>>70703529
never really clicked with me, it's still a solid track (bon iver gd as is production) but when compared to everything else on the album it just makes me want to skip it.
>>
>>70703601
DAMN YOUR LIPS VERY SOFT
AS I TURN MY BLACKBERRY OFF
AND I TURN YOUR BATH WATER ON
AND YOU TURN OFF YOUR IPHONE
CARELESS WHISPERS EYE FUCKING BITING ASS
>>
I went in the opposite direction with Yeezus. When it came out, I was really getting into Death Grips, Dalek, Techno Animal, experimental hip hop in general. It, along with those records, was also my gateway into more electronic music as it was mostly metal and hip hop for me. On release I fell in love within the first listen, but the more I got into electronic stuff and how the music's done while also having a more defined sense of what I get out of hip hop, the less I still enjoyed Yeezus.
>>
I think he hits that raw and emotional spot in a more convincing - and simply better - way on some songs on Life of Pablo.

Yeezus is not bad at all, it's just not one of Kanye's best
>>
>>70703601
I love it cause its hilarious.
>stuck my hand in her call it a civil rights sign
>wave it around like *autistic screaming*
>thats why Im in it and I can't get out
>>
>>70703790
Life of Pablo was absolutes shit. It felt like a randomized playlist of Kanye Wests assorted b sides, but it was supposed to be an actual album.
I can't be alone on this.
>>
I love the production and specially the tracks produced by Arca
>>
>>70703601
BLACK GIRL SIPPIN WHITE WINE
PUT MY FIST IN HER LIKE A CIVIL RIGHTS SIGN
>>
>>70703955
I genuinely can't believe Life of Pablo got so much love and this is from someone who is a semi kanye stan. by far his worst album to me
>>
>>70703447

It is his best work imo.
>>
File: 1463002150621.jpg (18KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
1463002150621.jpg
18KB, 680x583px
>mfw normies are warming up to Yeezus

REEEEEEE, I liked Yeezus before it was cool
>>
So you listened to it so many times you basically forced yourself to like it so you can fit in with everyone else here who "believes" it's Kanyes best album, good job OP.
>>
Yeezus and 808s are the only albums that aren't just looped samples of someone else's music with speed-toasting over it. They're the only real efforts to make something distinctly new.
>>
>>70705757
>projecting this hard
I listened to it like 6 times, chill dude
>>
>>70704245
It has really good songs on it, the problem is that the album is caught up in all the memes and interludes. Fucking disgusting Low Lights, unnecessary Frank's Track (why even place it here? just put it in the back), the dumbass silver surfer. jfc I fucking hate the album.

The songs are fucking dope tho. Both ULB and Saint Pablo along could've got it into a 9 territory, and Famous, FML, Real Friends and NMPILA are also really good. Somehow I wish Kanye didn't rush it out so soon, took a little bit more time on Wolves and stopped with the memes, but it's too late now.
>>
>>70706133
>808s
>no samples
>>
File: jisoo15.jpg (49KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
jisoo15.jpg
49KB, 500x700px
>>70703447
Blood On The Leaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k2iICN2v_0
>>
>>70703447
I agree with you OP
>>
Yeezus (Def Jam, 2013), designed with an incredible number of collaborators, is a sloppy, awkward and amateurish work despite the impeccable fusion of electronics and vocals, the impeccable collages, the impeccable production. But sound quality is a technological, not an artistic, fact. Daft Punk are responsible for the robotic beat of On Sight and the monster riff of Black Skinhead (one of the catchiest "songs"): cool but nothing we haven't heard before. There are a few moments of pathos: the reggae-like cry of I am a God in a desolate post-industrial soundscape, the gloomy crescendo of the first half of Hold My Liquor (before the misguided synth orgy), the martial trombone fanfares of Blood on the Leaves, and... i struggled to find at least one more. But there are also embarrassingly trivial moments of both mashup and sociopolitical analysis (New Slaves, I'm in It, Blood on the Leaves, and Bound 2, which is simply a lame tribute to soul music) and there is certainly an unusual dose of filler (a four-song EP would have been more appropriate for what West had to say in this album). As a narrative experience, these stories may try something new but it's more a case of a populist bard desperately trying to find something new to say to his followers than a serious discussion on gender and race. As an aural experience, this album feels terribly old, like most granpas when they try to speak the language of their high-school nephews. Maybe this album was only meant as a self-mocking joke?
>>
>>70706833
Perfect review. Eat shit yeezus fags
>>
File: 1455662747833.png (173KB, 666x835px) Image search: [Google]
1455662747833.png
173KB, 666x835px
>>70707269
>>70706833

I can play the reviewer game too.
>>
Yeezus (Def Jam, 2013), pretty good tbhfam 10/10 desudesu senpai
>>
>>70706833
Scaruffi thinks a 4 hour long bandcamp-core album is, not only musical genius, but on par with It Takes a Nation, which he considered the greatest hip hop of all time, so you can fuck off with that.
>>
>>70707581
>a 4 hour long bandcamp-core album
What album are you talking about anon?
>>
>>70707748

>he doesn't know
>>
>>70706370
blink
>>
>>70706833
havent listen to yeezus. im about to
but the writing in this review sucks ass and is completely boring to read
>>
>>70707898
you're mama is boring
>>
>>70707946
>you're
>>
>>70707993
>being this new
>>
>>70707993
>>/r/music
>>
>>70707855
word
>>
>>70706133
yeezus has samples tho
>>
>>70703601
I love I'm In It.

I think I Am A God is the weakest on the album. Followed by Bound 2.
>>
>>70708182
It does, particularly Bound 2, but it has other songs or parts of songs that aren't just loops.
>>
>>70708301
Bound 2 isn't the greatest song, but it was thematically necessary to close the album.
>>
Implying that a mule's feces can be good
>>
His best album
>>
>>70709525
wooaahhhh
cool it with th eedgeee brody
>>
>>70708562
I agree that it served the purpose well of being the album's emotional high. Great conclusion too and iconic music video.

Simply didn't age as well as the rest of the album, pretty sure same thing that you're saying.
>>
Bumpy dumpy
>>
>>70703501
That whole album was GOAT.
Ye is the GOAT

>>70705737
kek I remember I was bumping this while everyone was talking shit about it, now they bumping it
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.