[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone from Melbourne on here? Where do you get your records

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: 002.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone from Melbourne on here?

Where do you get your records from? I'm not really ready to pay like $35-50 per record at JB Hi-Fi.

Are there stores that have a good selection of records for pretty cheap?

Should I just look in a Salvation Army store?
>>
go to brunswick
there is many, many record stores around that area
>>
>>70695840
Thanks, I'll head out there tomorrow to check out some stores.
>>
unrelated but on the flipside as a canadian ordering from JB Hi-Fi is often the cheapest I can find even including shipping
>>
I'm in the Rat. Went to visit Poison City once but they were closed. Found a bretty gud shop a few buildings down and got a handful of Ramones albums.

Go to the eastern end of Bourke st (not the mall, the whole street) and head down Liverpool lane, there's a good one in there.
there's heaps around, just gotta google it

Got any favourite Melb bands?
>>
Polyester Records was pretty good last time I was there. Good selection
>>
>>70696109
Thanks, I'll head out there tomorrow. Are the records there cheap-ish?

I don't really know of too many Melb bands unfortunately, but the ones I do know (The Avalanches, King Gizzard) I really like.

Oh there's this other one too, they're pretty obscure I'd say. They're called Uzumaki, went to a show of theirs once. It was pretty good.

>>70696160
Thanks anon. Are the records they have there cheap-ish?
>>
Anyone from Katoomba, need to know if there's anywhere I can get a new turntable and records for a reasonable price.
>>
>>70696165
The usual. 2nd hand milk crates up to $20. the rest up to $40-80
>>
>>70696194
Ah, that's not too bad then. Thanks anon.
>>
>>70696178
Is the The Velvet Fog still there or did it shut down?
>>
>>70696209

>not too bad

Yes it fucking is. Shit is fucking ridiculous.
>>
Buying records in Australia fucking sucks
>>
>>70696259
this desu
>>
>>70696218
Still there, new shop because the old one had it's roof cave in and asbestos went everywhere, most of his stuff is unsalvageable. He does a sale every months at his warehouse, got some really nice stuff form there.
>>
>>70696259
>>70696290
LEL LET'S JUST TAX EVERYTHING TO SHIT SO NO ONE GETS WHAT THEY WANT AT A REASONABLE PRICE xDDDD
>>
>>70696259
This. I'm from Adelaide there's one good shop in the whole fucking town.
>>
>>70696438
That's because you live in Adelaide.
>>
>>70696438
At least you have a store with stock, I have to either travel down the line or go to garage sales to get anything.
>>
>>70696459
Go fuck yourself convict scum

>>70696462
>garage sales
Have you ever managed to dig anything from one of these?
>>
>>70695731
Discogs
>>
>>70696459
quality bants
>>
>>70696495
Yeah, most of it's trash and waste your time but got the three main Pink Floyd albums for $5 somewhere, ton of Bowie stuff and a couple of Jazz records. Also lets you pick up equipment on the cheap.
>>
yo sydneyfags, what's your favourite record store
>>
>>70696542
Red eye or Utopia
>>
>>70696605
ayy, red eye is cool

got BoC cd's real cheap and 2 Ariel Pink albums on vinyl for $35

egg records in newtown are pretty good too
>>
>>70696527
Those are sick, i'll have to give some a look in in the future
>>
>>70696438
I'm in Adelaide too, which shop are you talking about?
>>
>>70697137
Big Star. I've picked up some very cheap stuff there in the past.
>>
>>70697219
Is that on Magill rd?
>>
>>70696259
Buying anything in Australia sucks, guitars, computers, software you name it
>>
>>70697242
Yeah
>>
>>70696647
Which Ariels? Got into him through red eye actually they were playing House Arrest in the shop back in 2006
>>
>>70697359
I'm sure it's better than NZ
>>
>>70696542
That really sick record fair that pops up in broadway sometimes
>>
>>70696430
It's not taxes. It's wages. People prefer to whine about taxes for some funny reason though.
>>
>>70697365
I actually havent been there in like 2 years, despite living on Magill road

i might check it out tomorrow, last time i was there it had a pretty tiny selection of records so i was kinda "eh" about it. Streetlight and Clarity are great selection wise, but not so great price wise. have you ever been to Rerun in the mall too? Super weird owner, and has prices that are like 30% higher than the already expensive Australian prices
>>
>>70697521
>last time i was there it had a pretty tiny selection of records
Yeah it's not huge I suppose but i consistently find great shit in there. depends what you're into i suppose
>Streetlight and Clarity
I've never been able to even find Streetlight and Clarity is meh, prices are too much
>Rerun in the mall too? Super weird owner
Yeah that guy is fucking insane. Very creepy, i always feel like he's going to lock me somewhere. He's always got not quite what I want as well.
>>
>>70696542
It used to be Mojo until it changed hands
I don't have a favourite now
>>
Anyone else from Ballarat? There's a place on Sturt called ReDiscovery that's pretty good
>>
>>70697650
Streetlight is just down the little alley off of Rundle street, where the cinema/elephant is. Lots of new pressings of a lot of good stuff, but you're paying a pretty decent price. Also lots of books/foreign films.

The rerun guy is fucking insane for sure. Also kinda triggering, he was talking to me about some stuff he put on a record that was priced $70. It skipped a bunch as soon as he put it on. Really made me cringe
>>
>>70698089
The rerun guy is fucking insane for sure. Also kinda triggering, he was talking to me about some stuff he put on a record that was priced $70. It skipped a bunch as soon as he put it on. Really made me cringe
Fuck. He legitimately did the exact same thing when i was in there. He needs to be fucking stopped.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.