[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Circle = Stuff panned center Triangle = Stuff panned left Square

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Circle Problem.png (14KB, 838x826px) Image search: [Google]
Circle Problem.png
14KB, 838x826px
Circle = Stuff panned center
Triangle = Stuff panned left
Square = Stuff panned right
Volume and amount of panning not represented but manageable.

Open Audacity, open a modern, professionally mixed track, split to mono and invert one of the tracks that results. Playing them together results in everything panned center going away. Often this leaves you with just a single instrument, ripe for sampling. Other interesting effects happen as well.

If you solve the problem in the image, you can end up with just the stuff in the center, usually acapellas sit there and it's not exactly uncommon to have the voice be the only thing dead center.
>>
>>70694222
doesnt seem too hard but it requires 'copy and pasting' the original piles to use later, which can be done with audio obviously.

is there a simpler way to solve this though? kinda interested
>>
I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but I feel like all you want to do is just to use a stereo to mid-side processing tool and keep either the mid or the side part.
You can also get the side part by the inverting the phase of one channel and then adding the two channels into a mono track.
>>
>>70694222
So how do you solve this?
>>
>>70694222
>invert pile 1
>combine this with pile 2
>left with inverted triangle and square
But are they next to each other, or on top or what? How can I use this new set in further operations?
>>
>>70697147
>just to use a stereo to mid-side processing tool

Need to know the process behind it in order to deal with things that are panned slightly more one way than the other. I don't know any tools sophisticated enough to deal with that.

>>70699154
No clue. It is a solved problem cause there are tools that exist for it but like I said above, it's important to be able to do it manually as well for more specific use cases.

>>70699378
They make up a new pile. The only way to separate one element from the other is to annihilate one with its inversion. So once you have inverted triangle and square, you need to get either a lone triangle or a lone inverted square.
>>
>>70700175
>No clue. It is a solved problem
isn't your logic flawed?
Shouldn't the circle only be in one pile and not both?
>>
>>70700372
Clarify what you mean? In the starting conditions?
>>
>>70700497
yes
>>
>>70700678
One pile represents the left channel (which has all things panned left, and a little bit of the stuff panned center) and the other is the right channel (all things panned right, and a little bit of the stuff panned center).

The "center channel" doesn't actually exist, and just means whatever sounds are in equal amounts in both channels.
>>
>>70700831
>which has all things panned left
oh ok I didn't understand it this way
then you need to add another pile with Circle Triangle and Square (=the clompletely unpanned song)
>>
>>70700886
The combination of the left and right channels actually has two circles, meaning two inverted circles are necessary to cancel it out.

You can test this yourself with a microphone. If you record a thing and make two more copies, then invert one, you will still hear the thing because the inversion has only done the job of silencing one. Adding another inverted copy results in complete silence.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.