[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What albums do you think have aged the worst? Pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

What albums do you think have aged the worst? Pic related.
>>
>>70684001
good music doesn't age badly
bad music does
>>
It's still a fucking classic man. I still get rage boners from Anarchy in the UK.
>>
>>70684092
What about music that was groundbreaking at release but has been copied countless times since? OP for example.
>>
>>70684092
Ergo, OP's picture
>>
>>70684001
Music doesn't age unless it was shit to begin with.
>>
>>70684001
Almost all rap
>>
>>70684092
this
if it sounds dated then it was never good to begin with
>>
>>70684515
It's dated because they stopped making music like that you dumb nigger
>>
>>70684585
that's not the point, if it's aged poorly then it was never good. whether music like it is still being made is irrelevant.
for example, nobody really makes 70s progressive electronic or berlin school, but it doesn't sound bad now.
>>
Maybe i'm a pleb but the clash are much easier to listen to then the sex pistols.
>>
>>70684651
that's because clash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shit > sex pistols
>>
This record wasn't groundbreaking at the time. They just did a really bad imitation job of much better bands in America
>>
>>70686312
such as?
>>
>>70687117
The Stooges
Electric Eels
Rocket from the Tombs
>>
>>70687292
this
also velvet undergound
>>
Anything by The Village People!
>>
>>70686312
They did but it was still groundbreaking due to their shenanigans at the time.

If you want 'aged the worst' look up Sigue Sigue Sputnik https://youtu.be/rFouFuNgBRw
>>
File: 1485656447955.jpg (46KB, 700x518px) Image search: [Google]
1485656447955.jpg
46KB, 700x518px
>>70684001
>sex pistols
>ever
sincerely hope you don't do this.
>>
>>70684001
exactly, not really sure why modern punk fans still give this garbage some sort of pass because it was "first". That notion seems pretty anti-punk.
>>
>>70688304
The only people i've ever seen adamantly defend it being first are people that also don't know anything. I don't think any real fans of punk rock like this shit.
>>
>>70688304
Even the undertones are better than the sex pistols
>>
File: 1483072718891.jpg (58KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
1483072718891.jpg
58KB, 600x737px
>mfw I like the sex pistols
>>
>>70684001
is this the most overrated punk album ever?
>>
hating on the pistols is literally the most pleb punk opinion out there

>hurr muh authenticity

nevermind the bollocks is filled with anthem after anthem, who gives a fuck about anything else
>>
>>70690222
well for one the record sucks
>>
>>70690698
it's the perfect encapsulation of pure, first-wave punk rock. it's no wonder that once it was said and done, john lydon moved into new territory with public image ltd.
>>
>>70690826
It's not though. The perfect encapsulation of it is the Stooges
>>
>>70690883
nah. stooges are great, better than the pistols, but they were too loose. the pistols really consolidated the tighter punk sound.
>>
>>70690883
The Sex Pistols covered No Fun and were a fan of the Stooges but the Stooges contribution to punk rock wasn't their music it was Iggy Pop's live performance antics stage diving, wearing a dog collar, performing shirtless and rolling around in glass, wearing fetish fear on stage, attacking the crowd ect.
>>
>>70691173
Their music was absolutely crucial to punk rock, You are wrong.
>>
>>70691236
Crucial no because there were tons of other bands with similar type proto-punk garage sound around then but only the Stooges publicly denounced hippy culture and rejected activism claiming to "wipe out the 60s" which was absolutely heretical to do so at the time for an artist plus with Iggy's insane live antics like pogoing/stage diving and puking on the crowd. That influenced Punk Rock not so much the music
>>
>>70691512
There's no record around 1970 that sounds like Fun House. If there is post it.
>>
NMTB is hilarious, desu.
>>
>>70690222
it's just adolescent delinquent shit

annoying snot nosed kids who don't actually have anything to say
>>
>>70691811
There's dozens of "proto-punk" bands like the Sonics, The Monks, The 13th Floor Elevators ect. Esp the sonics who every early punk band pretty much credited with influence for music, and Iggy for live performance as he was the first major artist to mix with the crowd and not sit on stage protected by security
>>
>>70684467
Some things can sound dated in a good way though.
Steely Dan, Velvet Underground, The Stones, Dylan

It all depends on capturing those times in an aesthetic way. All I know is nobody will understand the appeal of Mac Demarco in 20 years.
Same thing happened to Jimmy Buffet
>>
>>70691811
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seeds
>developed a sound and aesthetic later acknowledged as paving the way for seventies punk rock.

The Seeds also influenced 'The Seeds of Time' which were actual punk rock in term of fast riffs the 60s https://youtu.be/DqTdL4YFoS4
>>
>>70692041
>>70691967
Again does not sound like The Stooges at their peak
>>
>>70692104
Iggy Pop claims "Can't Seem to Make you Mine" by the Seeds as influence for their first album. The Pistols sounds more like the Sonics than they do the Stooges but they played live like them.
>>
>>70684001
A grunge album

Don't know which one, but a grunge album. 90's rock is the worst
>>
>>70691890
Why is this allowed?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.