[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get into Swans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: imgres.jpg (2KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
2KB, 224x224px
How do you get into Swans?
>>
If they are your thing they are your thing. If they aren't they aren't.

Maybe if you don't like them but really want to you should go and listen to some krautrock, folk, noise rock, drone and industrial. That might give you a better reference point for their last three albums.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsSUSXPv9bY
9:08
>>
File: 1469049525199.jpg (3MB, 3754x3394px) Image search: [Google]
1469049525199.jpg
3MB, 3754x3394px
start from the seer and go forward or backward

filth and cop are probably the hardest to get into but if you want to get into the no wave noise stuff i suggest holy money and a screw

if you want more melodic stuff start with the great annihilator, white light, love of life and children of god

burning world and soundtracks for the blind are their own thing
same with tbk and glowing man
>>
>>70671630
>filth and cop are probably the hardest to get into
yet me stop you right there, friendo

Filth is far easier to get into than any of the other no-wave stuff
>>
>>70671991
*let*
fuck me
>>
>>70671991
>Filth
>Easier than Greed and Holy Money
>>
>>70672044
is it not easier?
it's the first Swans album I was able to get into, whereas the other no-wave ones took me awhile
>>
>>70672079
It was also my first but If I begun with Time is Money or A Screw it would have been easier
Filth's bass and distorted structure is kinda hard at first
>>
>>70671991
no one gives a shit about le FLEXX YUORRR MUSELLSSS meme album
>>
>>70671625
kek
>>
Stick you head in a dryer with a live cat and a gym whistle.
>>
>>70672102
I'm listing to Cop / Young God / Greed / Holy Money as we speak, Filth just sounds a tad bit "groovier" to me

>>70672120
stop acting like such wank stain
>>
>>70671533
FLEXXX YOUURE MUSSELS!!!!!!!!!!! XD
>>
I feel like if someone made a playlist with the most accessible songs a lot more people would enjoy swans. Everyone i've tried turning to Swans listens to TGM or TBK and calls it a bunch of repetitive noise.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.