[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do while listening to music, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 4.jpg (23KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
23KB, 852x480px
What do you do while listening to music, /mu/?
>>
shitpost
>>
>>70668132
This is how I've listened to 95% of all music. While internet browsing. I'm beginning to worry that that "Doesn't count."
>>
>>70668173
>tfw we probably don't absorb/enjoy music the same way someone in the past would because we can easily download it for free whereas they had to scour record stores
>>
masterbate
>>
>>70668207
I find it enjoyable to scour internet forums for records, once youre into obscure enough shit it becomes challenging.
>>
>>70668109
Rock back and fourth in my chair
>>
>>70668244
Forth I mean
>>
>>70668244
I used to be able to just do this, but now I get bored and turn it off/go to sleep.
>>
>>70668173
>>70668207
>tfw i see my father lying on the sofa with his eyes closed, either with headphones on or blasting the music through the speakers, not doing anything else but listening to the music
how does he not get bored?
>>
Ride on public transportation or lie down with my eyes closed. Not always, but they're the optimal times to listen to music imo.
>>
I can't listen to music while falling asleep, but I always have my earphones on while playing games/drawing/being in public.
>>
i used to do the "lay down with my eyes closed" method for every album i listened to, but i guess my attention span has gone down. now i just browse the internet lightly
>>
>>70668322
same here
>>
>>70668244

yea i normally do this but with a bitch on my dik she rock back n 4th all nite listining 2 21 plates ken drake lamer nackleback n yeezzy.

pussy so good
>>
File: hannibal.jpg (6KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.jpg
6KB, 182x268px
>>70668361
are you the person writing bios for fake black Twitter accounts
>>
>>70668361
this is the quality posting I come to /mu/ for
>>
Try to see how many safety pins I can fit in my urethra
>>
>you have to be doing something else while listening to music

This is why music is such an inferior art form, you don't do something else when watching a film, you just watch the damn film.
>>
>>70668207
i think we all have an album we regularly come back to
>>
>>70668462
you dont HAVE to, but I dont see why doing something else while listening to music makes it worse
>>
>>70668462
>not browsing /tv/ while viewing flicks
>>
I mean, I couldn't read a book or browse internet while trying to enjoy a new album. Games seem a bit more mindless. But just sitting there listening to music is not something I do very often.
>>
>>70668512
so how do you listen to music?
>>
>>70668538
while playing or when I'm on the bus. I try to find at least one new album a week to listen through during my daily commute.
>>
>>70668462
that's why music is the best art form. you can enjoy it with eyes closed. eyes are deceptive
>>
draw, paint, surf 4chan
>>
It's okay to casually post on 4chan, draw, play mindless (non-strategy) video games, or watch abstract color videos while listening to music but it's best consumed while staring blankly at the album cover, or out the window.
>>
>>70668109

Step 1. You listen to an album for the first time while reading a book. The text can be difficult if you want. Something absorbing. You will hear the music less because you're treating it as background noise. You repeat this a few times.
Step 2. You listen to the album through headphones, while doing either nothing or doing something minimal (walking or riding the train/bus on the way to work or what have you). You do this a few times.
3. You listen to the album through good speakers a few times while doing something in between minimal and challenging. Either reading /mu/, or reading the news, or getting ready for work, or something like that.

You now really KNOW the album. This is the optimal way to listen to music.
>>
>>70668288
He's stoned
>>
i like to go on a walk, ride my bike at night, lay down on my bed, draw/art stuff, and sometimes when i'm driving
>>
>>70668288
Do it a while and you'll get used to it. It's very relaxing for me, you don't have to put 100% focus into it.
>>
>>70668288
>>70670070
I don't get bored. But who even has time in the day to do this? Like, people either have full-time jobs or are full-time students (I'm assuming) and then have other interests to pursue outside of that (again, I'm assuming). I don't see how it's possible for people to spend hours a day just lying there with your eyes closed and listening to music.
>>
>>70670108
are you a musician?(im not trying to be an asshole)
>>
> doing something
> listening
I listen to music, that's what I do OP.
>>
>>70670173
this, holy shit

I can't believe I share the board with these goddamn basic-ass plebs. you cannot tell me you're too "bored" to sit through an album of music or you "don't have time" for something with takes 30 minutes to an hour, and tell me you enjoy music. those two are not compatible.

god I swear you're all on par with all the fucking ADHD retarded millennials who can't stay off their phone during a movie and probably care more about taking pictures of their food and sending it to instagram than eating it

kill yourselves
>>
>>70670131
Yeah!
>>70670216
I mean I do take the time to sit through albums without doing anything else. But if you are a person who pursues a wide variety of interests, you can only do that with like one album a day, max. I'd ideally listen to more than one album a day and I think a lot of serious music listeners feel the same.
But I agree that getting "bored" while listening to music is weird. But there are time constraints.
>>
if I'm really trying to listen to something new I'll just try and sit and actively listen
nothing beats playing some favourites while playing chess and smoking some weed for me though
>>
i dance around my living room like a weirdo
>>
>>70670247
> one album a day
I listen to at least 3. And I do have other interests.

It's awful to know that there's people that 'listen' to music while doing something else and they still think their opinion about what they 'listened' to it's valid.
>>
>>70668109
I drive
>>
>>70670354

Here's how it is for me -

24 hours in a day
8 hours of sleep
16 hours left
8 hours of work
8 hours left
2 hours of commute
6 hours left
2 hours of pursuing other serious interests (music, art, writing...)
4 hours left
2 hours reading and/or studying
2 hours left
2 hours of miscellaneous (exercise, eating breakfast and dinner, listening to music by itself, watching TV and other recreation)
0 hours left

If you have time in the day to listen to 3+ albums a day, I honestly feel like you either don't have a full-time job or don't pursue a variety of interests.
>>
>>70670734
Ok, I'm not going to write a whole list. But anyway, I usually sleep only 5 - 6 hours, I don't do exercise (though I should, I'm not fat but I'm weak), I don't use more than an hour for eating, I hate T.V., I only watch a film or sometimes not even one per day, I don't have a full-time work (I'm still in college), and I do spent time reading. All the time I have left I use it for music, or my friends if we're going to see eachother.
>>
Depends. Usually when I'm reading something or shitposting. If I'm listening to quality bangers I usually blast up the volume & headbang like an autist in my La-Z Boy chair.
>>
>>70670734
>2 hours of commute
listen to music in this time
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.