[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does punk rock requires talent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: punk-rock-problems_o_4262767.jpg (130KB, 610x385px) Image search: [Google]
punk-rock-problems_o_4262767.jpg
130KB, 610x385px
Does punk rock requires talent?
>>
Not necessarily

That's the whole point of it. Anyone can make it and anyone can tell what they want. You hate Jerry Brown? Make a punk song. You saw an old movie and thought it was neat? Make a punk song. You don't wanna live in UK? Make a punk song. Someone's bound to hear it.
>>
requires more talent than most of the faggots imitating it
>>
good punk requires genuine emotional conviction and passion

which can be rarer than talent

that said theres plenty of technically proficient punk, too
>>
>>70668044
this

i love it when someone is shouting over some basic progression
>>
My favorite song is only 46 secs long :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvKZGiLl_xM
>>
File: tumblr_mzo5q4ZCGy1riqej8o1_500.png (28KB, 460x339px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzo5q4ZCGy1riqej8o1_500.png
28KB, 460x339px
>>
File: 1399231831616.png (807KB, 784x544px) Image search: [Google]
1399231831616.png
807KB, 784x544px
>>70667961
>Does punk rock requires talent?
Do you need to know grammar to make a post on 4chan? No, but posts are better when they're grammatically correct. For example, this post.
>>
Yes and no, You have to be able to write in a short, simple way, in order to convey a point. With drums and bass have the most creativity involved, and guitar is usually stuck to one technique. So work within confines is talent, but don't focus on the theory, focus on the message and the performance.
>>
One of the textbooks my professor assigned for my English 102 class talks about the Gang of Four song "Why Theory" extensively. They reach for meaning farther than an African would reach for food, but they still try.
If anyone is interested, the book is titled "The Theory Toolbox: Critical Concepts for the Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences"
>>
>>70668181
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>70668181
but sometimes I enjoy posts more when someone is just trying to be fun and disregards grammar u feel familia???
>>
>>70668823
Sometimes pick is just good accidentally mang
>>
>>70668944
*punk
lol
>>
to an extent. if you can articulate a particular emotion then no, but that in itself is a talent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chhhr9-HnDY
>>
>>70669008
there are some second wave screamo bands who are technical as fuck tho
>>
No, the entire concept of punk was replacing talent with attitude and fashion.
>>
>>70667961
No music and no art "requires" talent, what are you on about? Do you mean "requires talent" in order to be good? If so then yes, everything requires talent to be good. But people have varying definitions of "talent" and "good."
>>
>>70669049
but this song needed no talent but it is the best screamo song written so...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.