[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people hate Bono? U2 has some decent songs and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: bono.jpg (150KB, 1374x758px) Image search: [Google]
bono.jpg
150KB, 1374x758px
Why do so many people hate Bono? U2 has some decent songs and they donate to a lot of charities.
>>
I hate Bono but enjoy U2 as a whole
>>
He comes off as a pompous dick.
>>
He got memed to death cause he's preachy. But I have to say that he practices what he preaches. I love U2 though.
>>
Bono is the biggest cunt in music. His "charity work" is all undocumented. It's a fucking scam publicity stunt to promote his band's shitty music.

Speaking of which, U2 are and always has been derivative shitty pop "rawk". They're entire 25 year career has been based off of putting the exact same song out each time.
>>
File: charity.jpg (146KB, 762x813px) Image search: [Google]
charity.jpg
146KB, 762x813px
>>70665770
>His "charity work" is all undocumented
uh
>>
File: GET OUTTA TOWN.png (216KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
GET OUTTA TOWN.png
216KB, 480x368px
>mfw that huge fiasco over apple having a U2 song pre-installed

just delete it you whiny cunts
>>
Dude wears sunglasses like 24/7. Even indoors and shit. Enough said.
>>
>>70665808
Bono is neoliberalism made flesh. This man's idea of "activism" amounts to partying with oligarchs, warcriminals and reptoid creeps at Davos and shilling red ipods.

>"Philanthropy is like hippy music, holding hands. Red is more like punk rock, hip hop, this should feel like hard commerce," Bono said.

what a cunt.
>>
File: context.jpg (56KB, 615x247px) Image search: [Google]
context.jpg
56KB, 615x247px
>>70666654
Maybe you should look into the context of that quote.
>>
>"U2 was definitely post-punk. We loved Joy Division and Television and Wire. Our influences were always more far reaching that just the post-punk scene that we emerged from. We loved Einstürzende Neubauten and KMDFM and The Young Gods too. We were fans of My Bloody Valentine before Loveless."

What did Bono mean by this?
>>
>>70665710
i don't bono as much as I hate his eurogoogles
>>
>>70666718
Why would he do that when he can be a nu-/mu/ faggot?
>>
>>70666718
If there is no alternative the we are all fucked. The Joint stock corporation is legally prohibited from considering factors other than the profit motive. The board is obliged to raise stockholder value. It is an inherently inhuman and brutal form of organisation. The totality of our society is profoundly fucked and headed at full speed towards the abyss. Neoliberal managerialism is politics done from the top, only form of participation is through consumption. Philanthropy and fascism are merely two commodities like any other. If they can sell it, they will
>>
>>70665853
>people should be ok with corporations invading their property

i didnt think americans could be even more cucked.
>>
>>70667674
Most phones/audio devices I've recently owned tend to come with a couple songs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.