[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is really good. Why aren't the Doors praised more here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: doors_h.jpg (44KB, 638x623px) Image search: [Google]
doors_h.jpg
44KB, 638x623px
This is really good.

Why aren't the Doors praised more here?
>>
you know the day destroys the night
>>
>>70659126
maybe not hipster enough
but quite everyone here admit they've done some very good albums tho
>>
>>70659126
but they are...
>>
Because they only made one decent album.
>>
>>70659192
Not true, by the way
>>
well, they get decent attention - not as much as they should compared to Beach Boys, but still

Light My Fire is the overrated track, Crystal Ship is the underrated track
>>
>>70659192
>waiting for the sun and the doors
which one kek
>>
Densmore totally stole the Break on Through drum beat from this Sonny Rollins album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD_NNnEkUq8
>>
>>70659224
L.A. Woman
>>
>>70659126
They are you newshit
>>
that album is /mu/core

the doors are my favorite band since i was about 12

posting about them just invites contrarianism and ridiculous comparisons

>yeah but they're not the rolling stones
>>
>>70659126

If you say you like them /mu/ will call you a dadrock pleb.
>>
>>70659192
s/t and L.A.Woman are great, Morrison Hotel and Strange Days are good (especially Strange Days feels underrated even)

Soft Parade and Waiting for the Sun are pretty forgettable, though
>>
>>70659345
waiting for the sun was supposed to have an epic 20 minute b side, but the label wouldn't let the band put it on. they performed it live though, it's called the Celebration of the Lizard. one of the best things the band ever did too, imo.

check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDbQ7zyEp2s
>>
>>70659126
Hehe ebin post my friend.
But seriously, I really like The Stooges.
>>
>>70659248
It's just a common bossa nova beat
>>
>>70659471
that was pretty cool, hadn't heard it before

not sure how much it adds to the Doors canon - the music wasn't very inspired to me, sounded like Krieger was doing pretty similar dorian scale noodling that he does on Light My Fire and Morrison's poetic antics weren't that different from the other similar stuff they did.

Definitely a studio version would have improved Waiting for the Sun, I think
>>
>>70659692
nothing very special about it, but those albums start so similarly that I don't think it can be coincidental. Densmore was a jazz fan, I believe.
>>
>>70659126

An album is only as good as its repeat listens
>>
>>70659126
Because people here are repressed.
>>
>>70659915
yeah i just like the imagery of this big adventure and the poetry of it. musically there's a fair amount of build and release that fits the narrative, but that's what the doors were known for live. i think they would have smoothed it out for an album version to seem less noodle-y
>>
E D G Y
D
G
Y

D A D S
A
D
S
>>
>>70659126
>Why aren't the Doors praised more here?
There's really nothing to talk about with the Doors. They make it on basically every chart that they categorize into on /mu/. Also it's established Scaruffi core
>>
>>70659126
the doors were great to listen to when i was in high school. they're still good but i can't recall the last time i reached for any of their albums.
>>
when the music's over is the only doors song i'll ever go out of my way to listen to
>>
Nothing attracts hipsters more than to hate on the doors.

was at a record shop and the owner was saying "yea the doors are overrated I don't like them I listen to other bands" yea sure you do nice names pal
>>
Serious question: how do people stand the cheesy keyboards?
>>
>>70660575
serious answer: Manzarek's keyboard sound has aged that poorly. Sure, it's a very 60's organ sound, but it doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>The Doors
Every time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xillqqt0Y0
>>
>>70660575
How can people stand cheesy rapping and cheesy dance music?
>>
I mean what could you possibly talk about the Doors today that a better, more cultured and studied music critic hasn't already before?
That's why you talk more about bands that are not so successful yet. It's still fun
>>
>>70660786
Those people don't believe themselves to have good taste.
>>
>>70660833
you can probably repeat half the stuff they say but with a different frame of reference.

has a dionysian figure who mirrored the depths of excess and countercultural chaos as much musically as in performance ever existed since jim morrison? was he the template? how did this relate to punk music? to hip hop? etc
>>
>>70660575

It's a product of its time and Manzarek really knows how to play it so it doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>70660854
Neither do Doors fans, we're just not repressed.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.