[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the new Descendents? I like it desu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 0045778724666.png (106KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0045778724666.png
106KB, 1024x1024px
Thoughts on the new Descendents?
I like it desu
>>
Me too, it was [spoiler]fun[/spoiler]
>>
Zero hooks = Zero looks

sage
>>
>>70658459
you didn't sage though
>>
File: the best.jpg (33KB, 596x600px) Image search: [Google]
the best.jpg
33KB, 596x600px
>>70658434
I prefer listening to it over "Cool to Be You" but it's nothing to the best Descendents album[spoiler]I Don't Want to Grow Up[spoiler]

Holy shit though, never thought I'd see Descendents talk on /mu/
>>
>>70658594
>best Descendents
>not Milo
ok anon
>>
>>70658639
I Don't Want To Grow Up feels very different from the rest of the Descendents catalog, it's got a lot of melodic pre-pop punk grooves like "Ace" and "In Love This Way" as well as that general bitter angst and social resentment that the first album had with "Pervert" and "My World". Everything in I Don't Want to Grow Up blends so smoothly while being so different in tone and I adore it. Milo Goes to College is a great record though.
>>
>>70658434
It's good, production grew on me. Karl Alvarez is still slaying fucking hard, best bass player in rock imho.

I liked the guitars more on MGTC and Everything sucks, but overall the mix of this album is the culmination of 30 years of Bill Stevenson trying to produce shit.

There's a couple of lesser songs on this one, but stuff like Testosterone, Full Circle, Limiter and On Paper make up for it.

Favorite Dents album is MGTC, but the best album from the Stevenson power trio with a singer is Allroy's Revenge

>>70658594
Let's try talking about ALL then, MGTC gets posted quite a lot. I made a punk and friends thread to talk about everything related to punk and Descendents fell a couple of times in the thread.
>>
>>70659025
ALL is severely overlooked and almost shunned by most Descendents fans, Bill even said something like "ALL is the band guilty of not being the Descendents." It's quite sad cause they were pretty solid even though they were constantly shifting band members.
>>
>>70659025
>Karl Alvarez is still slaying fucking hard, best bass player in rock imho.
Saw them on December, they're tight as fuck even though Stevenson looks like he's about to have a heart attack in any moment and Milo takes like 40 minutes to warm up. Still their set was fucking intense.
>>
>>70659117
Sad that they kinda skipped over ALL in the documentary. Like, Reynolds admitted that he lived in a fucking box and was a drug addict. Instead they just went 'But we practiced x times a week'. I'm pretty sure Karl isn't as clean as Bill and Milo either, whatever.

If you check the lyrics from the shit Stevenson writes and stuff, you can kinda pinpoint everything that happens in his personal live.

>>70659138
You mean the weird faces? Apparently he has always done these.

On a general note, it's cool that a band that started as jr. Black Flag became like arguably the most technical punk rock band. Stevenson and Alvarez should score high in the 'best punk x playe' polls.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.