[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The bruce springsteen of our generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: fjm.jpg (27KB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
fjm.jpg
27KB, 712x400px
The bruce springsteen of our generation
>>
That would be Kurt Vile.
>>
Springsteen's songs aren't nearly as on-the-nose as this fucking guy.

FJM's new shit sounds like it was written by a freshman philosophy major. I was embarrassed for him when I listened to Pure Comedy. Such a step back from Honeybear that it's unbelievable.
>>
industry plant
>>
File: apustaja.jpg (47KB, 785x644px) Image search: [Google]
apustaja.jpg
47KB, 785x644px
>>70652835
Pure comedy will be his Nebraska before he sells out and does his born in the usa.

soon
>>
>>70652885
I can tell what quality of a poster you are by that incredible image you posted there, so I'm not even going to bother to tell you how fucking retarded what you just said was.
>>
>>70652806
This guy is a bloviating bore, he's more like an andy warhol
>>
File: 1467805763605.jpg (14KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
1467805763605.jpg
14KB, 319x331px
>>70652924
rude
>>
>>70652875
this
>>
>>70652806
Anyone that poses for a professional photograph with a cigarette after the 90s needs to reevaluate their life. No one during the entire day of shooting thought he looked like a jackass?
>>
>>70652970
Oh and fucking this >>70652875
>>
File: fjm2.jpg (73KB, 637x476px) Image search: [Google]
fjm2.jpg
73KB, 637x476px
I sense some jealousy in this thread.

Well, as the saying goes, if you are pissing people off you are doing something right
>>
>>70652885
>born in the USA
>sellout
pls don't b8 so hard, you'll go blind
>>
>>70652991
>Well, as the saying goes, if you are pissing people off you are doing something right
I can actually almost hear him saying this now
>>
File: 7MRLhVK.jpg (38KB, 349x642px) Image search: [Google]
7MRLhVK.jpg
38KB, 349x642px
>>70652991
>Well, as the saying goes, if you are pissing people off you are doing something right
>>
i like him but i want to not like him. honeybear was my 2015 aoty, after that he seemed to let his ego get the better of him.
>>
>>70653013
bruce went from making a lo fi album about working class woes in nebraska to pure stadium heartland rock.
I mean sell out as in he made a more mainstream album after nebraska
>>
>>70653054
I could like him if he was more sincere. I'm fine with him being an asshole and a pseud if he didn't hide behind the veil of being half ironic whenever he gets called out or says something stupid
>>
>>70653069
Except Born in the USA is all about working class woes. Also stylistically it was more like Born to Run- Nebraska was the odd one out, not BitUSA
>>
>>70653079
I don't give two shits about his pretentious attitude if he writes good songs, like he did on Honeybear.

Sadly, his new stuff has been a massive disappointment. It reminds me of the stupid shit I used to hear people who think they're smarter than everyone else say in college, while everyone with sense gave derisive snorts at their fucking retardation.
>>
>>70653110
It's just that his pretentious attitude bleeds into his music and it feels like he's mocking his audience. I know this is a b8 thread but FJM is actually the exact opposite of Springsteen.
>>
No. Most Springsteen songs have infinite replay value while you literally don't get anything new from listening to a FJM song more than once.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.