[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/mu/ likes acid jazz now What happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: jamiroquai.jpg (23KB, 400x517px) Image search: [Google]
jamiroquai.jpg
23KB, 400x517px
>/mu/ likes acid jazz now

What happened?
>>
we all dropped acid like PSS PSS
>>
>>70652209
*air horn*
>>
some shitston probably read the words "acid jazz" on wikipedia and said "i'd look really cool if i told people i like this"
>>
>>70652226
You say it likes it's obscure or something
>>
>>70652200
Better than hip-hop at least
>>
Name 3 (THREE) acid jazz artists
>>
>>70652962
Brand New Heavies
Incognito
Nuyorican Soul
>>
It was always a sweet genre just needed a little more recognition. Not sure what reignited it tho?
>>
>>70653172
Pretty sure all the buzz is because of Jamiroquais's new song
>>
>>70653172
persona 5 happened
>>
why is it called acid jazz if it has nothing to do with either acid or jazz
>>
>>70653773
Acid jazz, also known as club jazz, is a musical genre that combines elements of jazz, soul, funk and disco.[1]

Various origins have been attributed to the name of the genre, including claims to have coined the term by DJs Gilles Peterson[2] and Chris Bangs. The name is a play on the acid house genre, which was flourishing in the UK club scene in the 1980s.[3]

Acid jazz consisted of two related movements. The first was based around records released by DJs and producers that included rare jazz tracks, particularly from the 1960s and 1970s, often mixing them with percussion tracks and electronic dance beats.[4]

The second were groups influenced by these recordings and who emphasised a groove-based approach to music.[3]

Acid jazz uses elements of jazz, funk and hip-hop. Because of its existence as a percussion-heavy, primarily live music, it was closer to jazz than any other dance style, but its focus on maintaining a groove allied it with funk, hip-hop, and dance music.[5]
>>
>>70653806
>hip hop

Fucking dropped
>>
>>70654116
Inorite
>>
You guys are fucking dumb. Can you honestly not just understand that acid jazz is a bit more free than regular jazz and the musicians tended to write/perform under the influence of psychedelic drugs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxc_9DiqZ0
>>
this thread is confusing me, because i was under the impression than Jamiroquai hadn't really made acid jazz for over 20 years. pretty much everything i've heard of them since at least Synkronised is nu-disco, dancepop crossover. plenty of good singles, but very unengaging albums
>>
>>70653603
>persona 5
More like persona 3
>>
IRRC Acid Jazz is more of a british scene in the 90's that combined Jazz Funk and Soul into the club music back in the day. From that it gradually influenced various Jam bands, especially in America and the modern festival scene (among other genres like electronic). I tend to like the later more.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.