[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Still their best (studio) album.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: a3233794906_5.jpg (55KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a3233794906_5.jpg
55KB, 700x700px
Still their best (studio) album.
>>
True
>>
I gotta agree with you OP. Most people seem to prefer TBK, and that's an incredible album in its own right. But The Seer is just so massive and sprawling and dark that I can't help but put it far and above anything else Swans has put out
>>
>>70651948
TBK is great don't get me wrong, The Seer just covers way more ground. TBK kind of does the same thing over the span of the whole album, and it does it great, but yeah. The Seer is a much more dynamic album.
>>
>>70651895
It's up there but it's hard to decide. You might be right OP
>>
>>70651895
Seer > TGM > TBK desu
>>
>>70652025
Michael better step his studio game up with whatever he has planned next. Swans still destroyed on their last tour but in terms of a studio recording TGM was a massive disappointment following TBK. TGM tour was definitely a better show than TBK tour though.
>>
>>70652051
I find TBK too meandering in its quieter and subtle moments, whereas in TGM it seemed more purposeful and engaging. Maybe it just comes down to TGM being so hypnotic and TBK being more dry. I love Toussaint/Bring the Sun though, probably my favorite track from both albums.
>>
white light from the mouth of infinity t b h
>>
>>70652129
that and Love of Life are great, but kind of one note.
>>
>>70652137
eh, disagree - i wouldn't say they're significantly more one-note than swans' other releases (a band for whom repetition is one of the only consistent traits).
>>
>>70652215
Not a fan of how the production makes the songs sound in that case. Thought they were odd choices for Michael to reissue. I hear he is doing Great Annihilator next, which is nice considering original prints go for over 200 dollars.
>>
>>70651895
Would you say this albums gets better with repeated listens? I listened to it the other day and was kind of bored. Don't get me wrong, the album had some fantastic moments and I'm a huge fan of those classic post-rock crescendos where the whole band comes in and suddenly creates an intense wall of sound and it's so great while it lasts, but the problem is that those crescendos are prequeled by 5 minutes of some quiet, boring strumming which lasts way too long. Maybe I need to learn to appreciate those slower parts of the songs as well
>>
>>70652025
I agree.
>>
>>70653294
>Would you say this albums gets better with repeated listens?
Definitely
>>
>>70653294
Seer is one of those "sit in your armchair with a bottle of wine and turn the lights off" albums
>>
>>70651895
>Still their best *post-reformation* album

fixed it for you
>>
>>70651895
>>70653966

No Jarboe = No Swans
>>
>>70654050
Jarboe is on the Seer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.