[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate this album again? Cause its a solid 8.5 to me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Plastic_Beach.jpg (124KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Plastic_Beach.jpg
124KB, 400x400px
Why do people hate this album again? Cause its a solid 8.5 to me.
>>
>>70650482
I'd only give it a 6-7 but no reason to hate it
>>
>>70650482
This album is a solid 9 for sure
>>
>>70650482
It's popular.
>>
>>70650482
Because it's normie music. Really good normie music, don't get me wrong, but still an album that liking means you lose hipster cred so it's not as well liked here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws82rXrjBOI

this guy is goat.
>>
I see /mu/ saying this better than Demon days all the time, and I can't hate it because Gorillaz got me into music
>>
>>70650482
It's a liquid 8.5 in my opinion.
>>
>>70650572
literally this gorrilaz expanded my mid and molded it to an experimental human being and not being that one fag that says "i like everything but country music"
>>
It's a 6.5. I occasionally listen to it because it makes me semi-nostalgic
>>
>>70650630
op here and FUCK THATS WHAT IT IS NOSTALGIA THE ALBUM!
>>
>>70650482
I was never super into Gorillaz and didn't take much of their "aesthetic" into my judgment when I did listen to them. I listened to Plastic Beach a few years ago to try out Gorillaz again and I loved it. I don't see the hate for it other than being normie or whatever. It opens well, has some good hits, transition tracks, and I feel like it closes well. I get too many feels from To Binge.
>>
>>70650700
One of the few albums that made me feel like shit for being a nostalgia fag.
>>
On melancholy hill is patrician as fuck
>>
>>70653016
This and Rhinestone Eyes
>>
There's some filler tracks, Glitter Freeze comes to mind, but overall I think it's a solid album with moments of greatness in tracks like Stylo and Empire Ants
>>
>>70650556
or maybe you are incredibly delusional and retarded and everyone who doesn't like your quirky meme music isn't a ''contratian'', ''tryhard'', ''poseur'', the list goes... hipster
>>
its not good
>>
>>70650482
Because kids that got into music after Gorillaz and Demon Days had already been out for years heard this and thought it was the most amazing, eye-opening album ever recorded. Really it's the weakest album (not counting The Fall) by a good band.
>>
>>70650559
Yeah he's great. seen his frank ocean video?
>>
I loved Gorillaz growing up and Demon Days was the album that really got me into them. When the hype train for this album started I was one of the first guys on it and I couldn't wait for it to come out. Then Stylo got leaked and EMI rushed the album out and you can tell when you compare the tracks to the live studio sessions they do for them that they just weren't finished. The band progressively figured out how to play them well during touring and eventually the songs sounded complete and good but as it is it feels like a poorly produced album because it wasn't fully produced. Look at Rhinestone Eyes compared to the versions they played later on. Pitiful.
Some Kind of Nature is a good track, there's around five really solid tracks on the album. Then you have shit like Sweepstakes, the two openers that drag on and on, Glitter Freeze, White Flag, Superfast Jellyfish. Too many bland, filler tracks that go nowhere.
>>
>>70656251
/thread
>>
>>70655521
im about too
>>
File: 1478577289529.jpg (66KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1478577289529.jpg
66KB, 500x377px
>>70656251
>>70655387
>glitter freeze wasn't that good
>it has an alternate version
>it's 10 times better
>Rhinestone Eyes video was in production
>LOL no, too expensive. Make Doncamatic instead
>Crashing Down still doesn't have a full version
EMI going under around the time PB came out really fucked the band up
>>
>>70650615
This. If Gorillaz only releases bad songs from now on, they'll still hold a special place with me for that same reason.
>>
>>70656251
>mfw I like Sweepstakes, White Flag, and Superfast Jellyfish

I really don't know why
>>
>>70657034
lol i can lie his album had a shit ton of problems when it comes to its release but what we got was still pretty good, and doncamatic was a good song.
>>
File: lerightgeneration.png (221KB, 843x384px) Image search: [Google]
lerightgeneration.png
221KB, 843x384px
>>70650615
totally agreed fellow ledditor :^)
upvote
>>
>>70657068
lol superfast jellyfish is a chill song thats why.
>>
>>70657074
I was referring to the Doncamatic video more than the song itself
>>
>>70657082
then what album do you credit for making you an open minded music listener?

>>70657104
oh yeah, we only got a rhinestone eyes concept video, but i feel you.
>>
>>70657082
>this thing changed my opinion
>lol how leddit xDDD

Is it because 4chan lends itself to bitterness and unswaying opinions?
>>
>>70657205
>Is it because 4chan lends itself to bitterness and unswaying opinions?

Damn, he was spot on. You are literally rebbit
>>
>>70657240
>insulting my favorite website makes you reddit

This place isn't perfect and you know it, I just call it like I see it. I've wastes plenty of time here, because reddit also leads to people being unwilling to change their opinions, but with freaking out about karma thrown in. I was just pointing out how reddit is basically the same as 4chan, just not anonymous.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.