[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some song/albums about growing old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_3870.jpg (74KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3870.jpg
74KB, 604x453px
What are some song/albums about growing old
>>
>>70638378
probably most of the songs mark kozelek has ever written
>>
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_ (1).jpg (263KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_ (1).jpg
263KB, 1417x1417px
you will feel better afterwards too
>>
File: campfire.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
campfire.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
what are some song/albums that make me feel young
>>
watch flcl
>>
>>70638378
Neil Young - Old Man
Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks - Landslide
Cat Stevens - Father and Son
>>
>>70638378
Sun Kil Moon-Benji
>>
File: IMG_1104.jpg (31KB, 220x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1104.jpg
31KB, 220x214px
>>
Brian Eno - Golden Hours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxyg3sP03Cs
>>
>>70638378
damn that picture hurts for some reason
>>
>>70638554
ikr, i didn't even experience the same kind of isolation and loneliness, i just feel so much for that guy

you can just see the dread in his eyes
>>
Grown Up - Danny Brown

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mOmsU91AxVg
>>
>>70638708
I'm not sayin' the guy is some sort of socialite, but a person's grandmother buying them a birthday cake is hardly an indication that they're isolated and lonely.
>>
>>70638534
SO IT'S NOT
>>
>>70638750
dude look at him
>>
the clean - getting older
>>
>>70638750
you can very much tell that the cake was supposed to be the absolute highlight of his day though
>>
File: a1375850528_10.jpg (252KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1375850528_10.jpg
252KB, 1200x1200px
>>
File: Blonde_-_Frank_Ocean.jpg (11KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Blonde_-_Frank_Ocean.jpg
11KB, 316x316px
First time I listened to this was when I had a girlfriend so it didn't really affect me that much cause I was satisfied in life. Listened to this again last night, gf-less for a couple months now, it hits deep
>>
WHERE ARE YOUR FRIENDS TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT?

or

SOUND OF SILVER TALK TO ME
MAKES YOU WANT TO FEEL LIKE A TEEENAGER
UNTIL YOU REMEMBER THE FEELINGS OF
A REAL LIFE EMOTIONAL TEENAGER
THEN YOU THINK AGAIN

If you have listened to LCD Soundsystem and you thought they were boring, try again. I swear they'll click on you.
>>
>>70638864
no it sucks
>>
>>70638807
Cake is the highlight of every person's day

>>70638890
You suck
>>
>>70638708
>>70638750
There's so much just in this picture.
>the no effort haircut
>he's so skinny
>never been to a gym
>shitty t shirt that makes it looks worse
>he looks like he's go the autism eyes
>total NEET situation probably
>the goofy candles
>family still looks at him like he's a child
>he knows it
>probably an HKV
>depressing walls
>table cloth and chairs look like they belong to an elderly person

I'd assume a HKV NEET who lives with his grandparents/grandma. Probable autism.
>>
File: 1420334804813.png (21KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1420334804813.png
21KB, 640x400px
>>70638378
>20
Try 25, turning 26 this year.

My 21st birthday feels like yesterday. Holy shit.

Don't waste time bros. It goes fast. I still feel like I'm 21; younger actually. I like to think I act and carry myself like I'm younger too. But it just sucks knowing that age does mean something and each year that goes by you will no longer have the opportunities to do (or at the very least it will no longer be socially acceptable to do) much of what you could do if your age was just a couple digits lower.
>>
>>70638928
Yeah but couldn't he just be a nerdy kid who had a birthday lunch at his grandma's? My family still does "birthday lunches" with just our immediate family and my siblings and I are all in our 20's and successful. I'm trying to give the kid the benefit of the doubt.
>>
File: 1386478881780.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1386478881780.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>70638968
Shh. Let us have someone to identify with
>>
>>70638986
sorry sorry
>>
>>70638968
True. And I hope it's true and I'm just reading into it too much. But I can spot autism from a nautical mile and I'm getting those vibes. I hope you're right.
>>
>>70638534
>turn 25 in a few days
>this album will be more remindful than relevant/current

Also what this >>70638954 said. Those years go by fast and you don't want to have nothing show for it when they end. Be careful younger bros.
>>
>>70638968
where are all the other people?

i think most people do some kind of birthday thing even as they grow up, but looking literally suicidal while eating birthday cake alone with your grandma is not exactly the normal way for a "birthday lunch" to go down where i come from
>>
>>70639048
damn as a 21-year old virgin this is so depressing
>>
>>70639073
That's the first mistake. Don't be. Panicking about the future and your life passing you by is going to result in that ironically enough.
>>
just to be sure... hkv means hugless kissless virgin, yeh?
>>
>>70639110
yes
>>
File: cymbalseatguitars-lose.jpg (345KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
cymbalseatguitars-lose.jpg
345KB, 658x658px
the song chambers gets me every time
>>
>>70639126
getting laid is bafflingly easy. i know 2/10 slobs and turboneets who have gotten laid.

you literally just have to meet enough girls that eventually you come across one to fuck
>>
>>70638968
People like going deep into the picture but a lot of people have small birthdays with their family like that
>>
>>70639073
It's up to you what to do with that depression, you can just accept it as fate and not do anything, or you can try to use it as motivation to try to change things. Think to yourself if you want to be where you are in 10 years, then think to yourself how much more difficult it will be to get yourself out of where you are now, in 10 years. It will be WAY HARDER.

It took me until I was 23 but I finally had a moment where I'm just like I HAVE to start doing things other than sitting in my room all day, I HAVE to start meeting people and get a girlfriend. If I don't do it now I will be regretting it the rest of my life

It's still difficult because I don't have any friends so I have/had nothing to start with, and I've always been a homebody and stuff. But I did start going out on dates, and finally got a girlfriend at age 25.

We broke up so I'm back at square one but at least I have a lot more confidence.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxr4V7TnWmk
>>
>>70639159
>you literally just have to meet enough girls that eventually you come across one to fuck
Meeting girls isn't that easy unless

>you're in college
>you work amongst a lot of them
>you are appreciably above average in looks enough for Tinder/OKC

Also a lot of us want a girlfriend, not just a fuck
>>
>>70638928
>HKV
hurricane katrina victim?
>>
>>70639159
you have to be able to hold a conversation without sperging out tho, not easy for an autist
>>
>>70639240
yes
>>
>>70638708
Same. It hits home for me. My birthdays make me sad and I don't know why. It makes me sad to be celebrated for no reason. Every birthday, it happens.
>>
>>70639159
>>70639165
I actually have friends, and me just having a few left that I still speak with is mostly my own choice. Right now I'm just finishing my high school online so that I can go to uni next year. Until then, I'll probably just keep smoking weed and doing nothing, because I live in a little shitty town

Also, for me getting friends is not the problem, I just have never gone beyond kissing a girl. Nothing makes me more nervous, I've literally been in a hot girl's room who showed interest for 3 hours, while I just kept talking about stuff. I'm so afraid of showing interest and initiate. I'm not even close to being clueless socially

One of the things I find the hardest to comprehend is how I read about so many people who've had one or more girlfriends, but are otherwise lonely and friendless. How the fuck can you initiate intimacy with a girl, but not find friends to chill with? It should be the opposite that's hard, which is also the case for me
>>
>>70639423
also, the worst thing is that I'm not like this guy at all: >>70639190. I sure wouldn't mind to fuck girls, I'm just too anxious, fuck getting a girlfriend at first
>>
>>70639163
see this post of mine: >>70639052
>>
>>70639165

Since this is the feels thread:

I'm 26 and have failed all my attempts at a successful artistic career, be it in music or literature. I will never amount to anything and will probably have to settle for my horrifying office job in my third world country.

I have a girlfriend, I have friends and family that support me and I still feel empty inside. I do not wish to die without leaving my mark on this planet and nobody who was ever a successful artist started so late. Much less so from my shithole unimportant country nobody gives a fuck about. Why shouldn't I kill myself? Why keep on living??

All I ever wanted was to make a single album as good as >>70638534

What the fuck went wrong???
>>
>>70639477
Read the first part of this post of mine>>70639163
>>
>>70639477
I mean, someone took the picture. Grandparents could have just invited him over for cake.
>>
>>70639423
>One of the things I find the hardest to comprehend is how I read about so many people who've had one or more girlfriends, but are otherwise lonely and friendless. How the fuck can you initiate intimacy with a girl, but not find friends to chill with? It should be the opposite that's hard, which is also the case for me
My priority is getting a girlfriend who is also a friend, so I tend to focus on girls in social situations more than guys. Also, I met my girlfriend on OKC.

>Also, for me getting friends is not the problem, I just have never gone beyond kissing a girl. Nothing makes me more nervous, I've literally been in a hot girl's room who showed interest for 3 hours, while I just kept talking about stuff. I'm so afraid of showing interest and initiate. I'm not even close to being clueless socially
What are you afraid of exactly? STDs? Commitments? Not being able to keep it up or cumming too fast? I would love to be in your situation bro
>>
>>70639549
Keep practicing your art, so when you have something to say, your craft will be ready. it's my best advice to 10 years ago me. also, meditate, exercise and eat better
>>
>>70639165
I feel like I'm in this turmoil right now and I'm 25, and it's tearing me up inside, comes and goes in waves. I can go on a few weeks pretending I don't care, ignoring it but then it comes back and starts nagging at me. It gets worse every time it does. I think about death a lot, not suicidal but still, feels pretty dark.

I feel like I have to do something this year or it will eventually lead to me killing myself, I'm so weak but the thought of having accomplished nothing by the time im 30 is a way scarier thought than whatever hardships I will face out there in the real world as I try to fucking break my way out of this destructive and shit lifestyle I have going, where I have no friends, job or social life.

That fear of being alone and having nothing is becoming more and more real every day and time is just passing faster as every year goes by and it feels so hopeless and scary.

I hope I don't spend another year doing nothing again.
>>
>>70639549
>nobody who was ever a successful artist started so late

Well, that's not exactly true. The success story of James Murphy was that he was just a lazy Brooklyn hipster until he was like 32. Leonard Cohen was in his 30s when he first started recording. Not the exact same but Matt Berninger didn't start The National until he was 30 or so.
>>
>>70639549
>nobody who was ever a successful artist started so late
Then be the first one, faggot

Also is being successful that important? Do you have to be a top-40 artists or known by millions? You should focus on making something you're proud of, first, the rest may or may not follow but at least you'll be happy with what you've created

Keep working at it bro
>>
>>70639052

I spent this new years eve completely alone by choice while my parents were at some friends of the family's house. I had two complete bowls of Reese's Puffs for dinner and went to bed at 9, watching anime. It was a bleak fucking experience knowing I could easily just go anywhere and consciously fighting this strange impulse that somehow I "had to have a good time" even though I really just wanted to be alone for one full fucking day. But I regret absolutely nothing.
>>
>>70639621
The situation just intimidates me. I guess it's because I had really bad skin during most of my teen years, so I've kinda grown up getting used to being ugly, hating how I look and not really focusing on girls. Also, I really hated my small town school and the people there, so I didn't really have any of those stupid teenage "relationships". I basically don't understand how anyone would want to get intimate with me.

Also, that anxiety got really bad after I did way too many drugs, for a period of time my hands were literally shaking. Now I feel much better, but I'm also not around girls most days of the week, which will change when I go to uni.

The problem is, now all (normal) girls are experienced and I still get anxious as fuck. Alcohol makes me literally shake the day after, so it would be awkward as fuck waking up with a girl

I might sound like an antisocial wreck, but getting friends, if I want to, is really not a problem. I think I'm quite good at "faking" being normal, whenever I don't have to get too close to people (or at least girls).

So some of the things would be cumming too fast, disappointing the girl and generally, I just don't know all the unwritten "rules" about flirting and attraction. I mean I do intellectually after observing other people, but I don't have any experience with it, and thus, I'll still be a nervous wreck in an intimate situation.
>>
>>70639741
And that sounds great, I spent my new years eve and night eating with my mom, listening to insanely loud music because other tenants in the building weren't at home and smoking weed. Didn't regret it at all, but that's still different from looking suicidal af while staring at a cake your grandmother gave you. I do concur, however, that you guys could just as well be right, it's just a picture
>>
>>70639723

>Also is being successful that important?

It is to me but probably not in the way you say. It's not a fame or money, it's more about everything I wish to express being acknowledged by someone else. It sometimes is, by other people that are working directly in the same scene, but somehow they've all gone through moderately successful world tours except me (or any of my bands/projects)
>>
>>70639848
Release shit. You never know. Bands like Clever Girl aren't well known. But to the people that do like their stuff they're amazing, inspiring, and sometimes life changing. Put your stuff out there and maybe someone will connect with it.
>>
>>70639763
We're similar in a lot of ways, though I didn't do drugs or alcohol. Up until a couple years ago, I was terrified of entering social situations. Once I was there I was somewhat okay (nowhere near as "good" as I am now) but the leading up to it part was torture. Even just 2 years ago, I would literally start shaking and my armpits would start sweating when I would have to make a phone call to a store to check their hours. Always hated how I looked, and I'm still not anywhere cute as I wish I was, but I gained some weight, changed my wardrobe to have better fitting clothes, got better glasses, and got a way better haircut.

You literally have to just DO IT. Stop thinking so hard about things, especially when you're in the moment (it's good to analyze them before/after to a degree so you're more prepared for this time/the next time). If you're in a hot girl's room and she's showing interest, that's your signal to fucking do something. Start out subtle and playful and go from there. Sit next to her. Stare into her eyes when you're talking to her. Touch her "accidentally" with the side of your arm or something when you reach for something else. If she's still showing interest (and you're smart enough to know whether she is) then push a little harder. Maybe say something like "if I gave you a smooch right now would you beat me up?". Base your next move on this response.

You only learn by doing, and if you disappoint a girl or do something awkward whatever, then who the fuck cares, learn from that experience and move on to the next girl.

Also unless she's a bitch she will probably think your inexperience is cute, especially if you don't act all pathetic, and make up for it in other ways

>I basically don't understand how anyone would want to get intimate with me.
You don't have to understand it. If they do, they do. Unless you think they're shady or some shit, then relax and accept it.
>>
>>70640146
>but the leading up to it part was torture. Even just 2 years ago, I would literally start shaking and my armpits would start sweating when I would have to make a phone call to a store to check their hours.

Not the anon you replied to, but man this inspires me but also makes me think I'm an even bigger and weaker idiot for not starting to challenge myself. I don't get anywhere near that level of anxiety around people, I can quite easily go outside and be around people without sweating it or shaking or getting any panic sensations.

But I still haven't worked past it. You managed to fight your way out of something way harder than what I'm dealing with right now and I don't even do anything to better my own situation.

You should feel good about getting out of that hell, anon. I hope I can find a third of the strength you had to do the same for myself.
>>
>>70639549
>nobody who was ever a successful artist started so late.

Bullshit. James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem was in his mid-30s when he was just getting his break
>>
>>70640146
Yeah I know that I should just do it. She had been showing interest, we were both a bit shy, and we were watching a movie. I literally just can't make myself do anything - I'll be just about to place my hand on her, but then I'll just readjust or something. I've gotten better since then, though, I'm just not around girls at the moment.

I think another aspect of it is that I'm bad at doing those playful, cute things. Like I literally cringed when reading the line: "if I gave you a smooch right now would you beat me up?", I can't do that kind of playfulness, it seems so unnatural to me.

I'm hoping to meet some chill, but attractive girls when I start uni. I'm just a bit afraid, because as I mentioned, most of these girls will have had several sexual experiences, and young girls in my country seem to be very keen on having good sex, it's a very sexually liberated, European country with lots of feminists (not that I mind at all). She might think it's cute, but I'm not really that good looking, and I don't really have the smooth personality/attitude to "make up for it in other ways."

I still think I'll do better than I've done earlier in my life, as I've developed mentally and feel much better now. But you're saying that it won't matter if I fail - that's not entirely true. If I end up sperging out while trying to get a girl at my new uni, people will view me as a nervous fuck and I really wouldn't want to be that guy at my new place of education
>>
>>70639549
>I do not wish to die without leaving my mark on this planet

When you play a show at shitty smoke filled venue for like 20 people, you've already left a bigger mark than 99% of the population. Stop being such an emo faggot (or continue to do so, it worked for the likes of americ anfootball anyway).
>>
>>70639763
I think you just need to accept that the first few times you deal with whatever situation you're scared of (flirting, fucking, whatever) are going to be bad but you have to do that to gain experience, and then it won't be bad. Like when you first start songwriting or painting or whatever creative outlet, the first few things you make are going to be garbage and that's totally ok. So some girl thinks you're awkward or cums too fast, who cares, you need that failure practice to reach success.
>>
>>70640503
I know that, but failing at playing a song as a new guitar player is not even bad, while fucking up while naked and intimate with someone who's already 5x times more experienced than you is worse.

Also, I'd care if she were someone from my new uni, because that would be bad for my self-esteem and would probably, if I have to look at it realistically, set me back in my progress. Don't come and tell me that girls don't talk about their sexual escapades with their friends

I do realize, however, that you're right and that it's the only advice to give really, but what I've written above still stands tho
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3t9SfrfDZM
>>
>>70638378
My Sweet Lord by George Harrison,
>>
>>70640384
Best advice I can give you is to relax and not take yourself so seriously, because girls will see that when you "sperg out" or do something "wrong" (if you even do) and that reaction to yourself messing up, will be far, far, far worse than you "messing up".

So basically be confident enough and girls won't give a fuck unless you literally sperg out massively and like, cry because you came too fast or something, but that seems pretty unrealistic.
>>
>>70640713
I know your situation dude. I have huge trust issues which translates to a fear of intimacy, both emotionally and physically. The best advice I can give is to build emotional intimacy with someone before trying to physically.
>>
>>70640713
I think you're overestimating how bad it could be, underestimating how in-her-own-head girls are during stuff like that (it's not like the focus is actually on you and how well you're performing), and overestimating how much girls talk (it'd be the same amount of people you'd tell if you had a bad sex experience, aka your close friends and that's probably it). You're overthinking it for sure. You'll only realize how little failing actually matters until you do it.
>>
>>70638539

one of my favorite eno songs
>>
>>70640986
>>70641013
>>
>>70641013
>overestimating how much girls talk (it'd be the same amount of people you'd tell if you had a bad sex experience, aka your close friends and that's probably it)
Great advice but I'm going to disagree on this one point. Girls do talk about EVERYTHING to close friends but also they'll talk to anyone who'll listen. And their friends will tell anyone who'll listen.
>>
Green Day - 16
>>
>>70639384
Damn you just took the words right out of mind. This is exactly how I feel at birthdays, just uncomfortable as fuck. Same reason why OP's pic makes me sad.
>>
>>70640986
Thanks for the advice. Sad thing is, I'd love just to go out and have some casual sex. I don't want to build intimacy, I want to concentrate on my education for the next years coming, I don't want to spend time building my first ever relationship

>>70641013
But if her close friends are at the same uni it's bad enough. Like, I crave being seen as a normal, cool guy who doesn't act like a sperg, so I wouldn't want to start off by fucking up and getting myself a reputation as that inexperienced, strange kid. I really do appreciate your input though. I'd like to visit a prostitute for the first few times, but I don't want to spend the money.

The thing is, I KNOW that even your ugliest friends have had sex in most cases, and I do not ON EARTH understand how they did it, and I'm not even that ugly
>>
>>70641177
The girls interested in casual sex are more likely to judge you, FYI.

Also, you've got two choices, continue being a pussy and find yourself 30 in mom's basement never having had a gf or sex, OR, you can go out and do it and maybe be awkward the first couple times, but then you'll gain the confidence quickly afterwards, and will no longer give a fuck about those mistakes (and be glad for them for making you grow), and women will see your increased confidence and not give a fuck about what they may have heard (if anything) and see you for you, and you find yourself 30 with much fewer regrets cause you actually went out and did shit like a man.

Your choice
>>
>>70641084
About bad sex experience with specific guys? You and I know completely different types of women then.
>>
>>70641228
Yeah I know, but anyways, I'll be moving to the biggest city in my country for uni this summer, so I won't be sitting at my mom's at 30.

I'm just nervous about sperging out because my anxiety is quite bad.

Either I get to know a girl I'd want to pursue romantically, which is way more nerve-wrecking than casual sex, takes time and would make me feel bad because I probably wouldn't really want a relationship with her anyways (the point I made before about not wanting to pursue a relationship, but rather my education), or I could go and try to get casual sex, but then the girls will most likely judge me AND I have no idea how to actually get girls that I don't already know, and who aren't already interested in me.
>>
>>70639684
Damn, I feel exactly the same way as you, anon. The only difference is that I'm 21.
>>
>>70638378
>Tfw this is how my birthdays are
I don't even like celebrating my birthday anymore desuu
>>
>>70641260
Probably. My major (Biology) is main filled with girls and I'm just going off of personal experience.
>>
>>70639549
Mark was feeling the same things you were feeling when he wrote 24 and I believe that is the best thing ever recorded by a human, so you're on the right track
>>
i haven't done shit with my life so far at 27 and i gotta say, im pretty proud.

sure i recorded a 10 song album when i was like 16 but the recordings are long gone and forgotten. hell the last track was a 30 minute long field recording of my friends and i getting high in his room. i also wrote a 20 page autobiography that will never go anywhere. lifes pretty funny i guess is all ive learned. no im not wise.

listen to the blink-182 discography in chronological order if u wanna feel like growing older. i like the music but each album gets less funny and more sad.
>>
>>70641362
Make it your fucking mission not to waste another 4 years of your life.
>>
Neil Young - Old Man
>>
>>70638392
>tfw crying to "Have You Forgotten?"
>>
>>70640329
Same. If I managed to muster only a tiny bit of that anon's willpower I think I'd improve a lot. That just doesn't happen and it doesn't feel like it will anytime soon, though
>>
>24
>graduated uni last year
>got a job in town
>most friends moved away for work/grad school
>forgot how to meet new people
>nobody to hang out with

I just sit at home and drink and listen to music and play guitar
>>
>>70641680
>tfw tying the noose to "Japanese To English"
>>
>>70641835
>tfw swinging from the chair with that entire album

I swear, I will either kill myself to Down Colorful Hill or Stratosphere by Duster.
>>
>>70641859
ok, but don't go that plebeian my friend, there's way more sadder albums than that
>>
>>70638864
Yikes!
>>
>>70641623
Thank you, anon. I'll try, and hope things go well for you too.
>>
>>70641811
Make the greatest lofi album of all time
>>
File: welp.jpg (27KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
27KB, 500x371px
>>70641228
>continue being a pussy and find yourself 30 in mom's basement never having had a gf or sex
i can assure you, you can still be over 30 and having had sex multiple times, gf (and bf) etc. This is not ideal, but shit happens.
>>
>>70642727
what
>>
>>70638928
Most of the things you listed pretty much perfectly describe me.

Fuck everything
>>
>>70643636
Damn. Which things in particular?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPhR1atjoBg

>tfw all the excitement and unpredictability of everyday life has been replaced by a dull 9-5 job
>>
So many feels in this thread. I'm 27 and things are starting to look up, finally have a relationship (was closeted homo in evangelical upbringing lolz), graduating in a few months, have a few job leads so i can move soon. When you're in your early 20s and stuff isn't happening, the next 5 or so years pass so fast, especially in hindsight. The better times feel frail and sometimes I still have crippling depression over the lost years, but it's not the only feeling now. This song is about trying to return to your body and it seems like a good fit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pvfQtUhtNE
>>
>>70638378
When I'm Sixty-Four
>>
>>70643659
I'm skinnyfat, actually go to uni, don't live with with my grandparents and have two brothers. The rest basically fits.
I'm basically that cliché description of our typical 4chan regular that you see on other sites, usually in a satirical manner (minus the basement, the neckbeard and the fatness). I am KHV, got zero social skills, no friends, am awkward as all fuck and although I desire to maybe someday manage to develop a connection with a girl I like, my nonexistent relationship experience at 21 makes me be legit terrified of that possibility of intimacy (like the other anon in this thread, basically), creating a really weird paradoxal kind of feeling and a persistant "that ship has sailed" kind of thought in the back of my mind that I'm way too far behind on that type of stuff when compared to most people my age and that missing out on those crucial experiences during my teenage years has permanently taken a toll on my ability to function 100% normally when around other people and potential partners. I try really hard not to think about it and mostly I succeed at it, especially when I'm busy studying. But sooner or later it all just comes back at once and the loneliness hits me like a ton of bricks. I've never been to a therapist or anything like that but the fact that those thoughts have only been getting more and more intense since high school is starting to seriously concern me.
>>
stop this thread right NOW

i like being self-aware but not THIS self-aware
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zdNdjF-htY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwa71b33GBg
>>
File: pPA6rRX.png (1016KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pPA6rRX.png
1016KB, 1280x720px
>>70639549
>>
File: c2d.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
c2d.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
>this entire thread
>>
File: Slippytrophy_copy.jpg (22KB, 293x341px) Image search: [Google]
Slippytrophy_copy.jpg
22KB, 293x341px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6pFtgmRzs
both horrifying and comforting knowing how many bros are going through the same emotions i am
>>
File: mu2.jpg (300KB, 1205x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mu2.jpg
300KB, 1205x1200px
mandatory pic related
>>
>>70644957
This is pretty accurate desu ;___;
>>
>>70644015
I'm sorry dude. You'll get there one day if you don't sabotage yourself. Join clubs besides the anime club. Make friends. Get introduced to girls. Marry them. Fuck them. Have kids. In that order.
>>
>>70645620
Stand by me
>>
>>70644957
I feel like this was made by someone from England and probably more applicable to them. But damn it still hurts.
>>
>>70639549

The reason and meaning for you to live is so you can make great works of art, because there are albums that only you can make. Your age is irrelevant. The fulfillment is in the process, not the end. Endure the suffering for the sake of this goal.
>>
>>70641177
>I'd love to just go out and have some casual sex

Probably because sexual libido (like depression) rapidly increases when your not actively involved in something.
>>
>>70645728
This. Most of the greatest works accomplished were made as an outlet for sexual frustration. Or you could go the Elliot Rodgers route. Sexual frustration is man's greatest weapon.
>>
>>70645603
Thank you, anon. The rare feel threads on the boards I frequent actually make me feel a bit better. The opportunity to vent and read about people with similar experiences is great.
>>
File: R-1613755-1232213580.jpeg.jpg (36KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
R-1613755-1232213580.jpeg.jpg
36KB, 576x576px
https://youtu.be/IBHjJqdEHzg

>Growing up, really fucking sucks
>I wanna fall in love, but i don't love anybody
>And soo... there will be nobody... who will want to fall in love with me

The concept of aging and the passing of time is ssomething that has haunted me since i was like 17 or 18. Minor panic attacks sometimes from thinking about growing old.

The social issues and general failure at being an ok human being don't help.

I'm turning 22 on the 14th but for a couple years now it just feels like there's no point to all of this and that i've wasted any chance i had at a decent life.
>>
>tfw i'm 33 years old
>tfw without beard i still look like a 20 yo
>tfw i still feel like i have 20yo
Music for this feel?
>>
>>70645882
Glad it helped a bit. But don't just get satisfaction from feel threads. Set goals. Accomplish them. Have sex in the missionary position for the purpose of procreation.
>>
File: 1443219452645.jpg (134KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1443219452645.jpg
134KB, 800x533px
>tfw I've become a fraction of the sum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-f7zsW7EV4
>>
>>70645882
Anon, I'm in your shoes and I'm 25, minus the education bit.

Try and use these feelings as inspirations to change, it is far too easy to ignore life and watch it pass by. I regret it so much, now I have all the same issues you have but I'm in my fucking mid 20s, I don't know why anybody would be interested in even befriending me at this much, much less a woman.

People my age feel alien to me, I'm truly stuck in arrested development. I hope to change this year, I feel different from before, I feel more awful than ever but for the first time I actually want to change, whether or not I have the strength to do so we'll see.

But please, do the best you can to get to a place where you're desperate enough to fucking do it and not cowardly hide away, because fuck, it hurts, man.
>>
>>70646158
You're only 29 man. You can fix it dude.
>>
File: file.png (488KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
488KB, 620x620px
shocked not to see this posted

specifically Anecdotes is all about coping with getting older
>>
>>70638748
30 as well
https://youtu.be/J--rO7FP16U
>>
>>70646013
Will do.
>>70646050
I sincerely do my best to keep testimonies like yours in mind when trying to reunite the strength to try and change myself. Wish you the best, anon. Thanks, and I hope you turn things around.
>>
>>70638928
>tfw this was me
>tfw moved out and got a job right before my 22nd birthday just to feel like a mature adult
>tfw I'm still miserable two years later
>>
>>70638534
LORD KILL
>>
>>70638378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO_u-EkJZ8E
>>
>>70646855
At least you're improving yourself. You'll get there one day man. You already have to work ethic. Don't get bogged down in self pity. Go outside more.
>>
>>70646050
You're 25. Still at the dawn of you're life. You'll be good dude.
>>
File: life calender.jpg (769KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
life calender.jpg
769KB, 1365x2048px
>>70644015
You're not missing anything. Sex, relationships, friendships, etc. are the most unfulfilling things in life. They're timesinks. Desiring them to a great extent is a sign of low self confidence. relationships give you an external source of confidence. They're confirmation that you're doing the "right" thing. If you aren't a brainlet, you won't need them. You've probably inflated their status because you're overwhelmed by the directionlessness of post-Christian society. Don't go out and fuck girls, go out and learn things. Get some books out of your school library. Having "life experience" and feeling good won't get you anywhere in life. Or go have good sex and see how stupid it is. That's what helped me get over depressive loneliness. It's quite literally no different from anything else that makes you feel good. Anyone who treats sex as something more than a hedonistic activity is probably doing it more out of insecurity than anything else.
>>
>>70646158
I guess anon didn't feel comtortable with his post, but it was nice
>>
>>70647573
I disagree with you on relationships being time sinks. But it's good to have fulfillment outside of relationships.
>>
>>70647693
Even if you want to have relationships, finding fulfillment outside of them is far more important. There are too many whiny faggots on here complaining about nogf when their problem is clearly not being a virgin but being terrified of being alone. I've met too many neurotic faggots irl whose lives would fall apart if they had to go 2 weeks with no one to fuck or drink with.

If I could go back in time and choose between dying a hermitic virgin and being so ridiculously dependent on other people to tolerate existing, I'd pick virginity every time. These lonely anons definitely need to change their lives, but getting laid, making friends and so on won't help them. That's obscuring the problem, not finding a solution.
>>
>>70647929
>That's obscuring the problem, not finding a solution
This part I can totally agree with
>>
>>70647573
>Anyone who treats sex as something more than a hedonistic activity is probably doing it more out of insecurity than anything else.

now i've never had a serious gf but i have fucked some girls, and i imagine doing it with someone you actually love is more than just hedonsim
>>
>>70647929
You make some good points (finding fulfillment elsewhere, which I still could use) but you seem to think primarily in black and white, but the very fact that you're posting here proves that there is a healthy balance somewhere in the middle. We all desire and need human interaction. I pride myself on needing less human interaction than most. It takes very little social interaction before I'm happily stimulated. But I do need some. That's why I want a girlfriend who is also my best friend.
>>
>>70648028
>i imagine doing it with someone you actually love is more than just hedonsim
At the end of the day, it feels good. You may as well get off the hedonic treadmill before you get your hopes up.
>>
Awesome thread. Lots of feels and actually made me check out Red House Painters. Should have done it earlier desu, cause this is great
>>
>>70648988
This has been one of the better feels threads on mu. If you're looking for recs, I feel like slowcore bands like Slint, Codeine, and Low make me feel the bittersweetness of getting older.
>>
File: 1484924020460.png (87KB, 714x810px) Image search: [Google]
1484924020460.png
87KB, 714x810px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73NdmMYZsnM
>>
>>70649071
I do love Slint, they are great music for this type of feel, I agree. Will check out the other two bands though. Thanks, anon
>>
>>70649526
Any time amigo. You'll definitely here the influence in Codeine's second album
>>
Fade--Yo La Tengo
you know what it is
>>
>>70649071
>This has been one of the better feels threads on mu
agreed
>>70645894
im about to turn 22 too, know exactly what you mean dude
>>
>>70638378
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze5Bktb2jiQ
I don't think the song's necessarily about growing old, but the line

>do you feel like a remnant
>of something that's past
>do you find things are moving
>just a little too fast

fucking kills me.

And "Time" by Pink Floyd is pretty much the definitive song. If it's not for you, think about how the song will feel ten years from the point when you first listened to it. It doesn't feel great.
>>
>>70649681
You're only 22 dude. You've just started
>>
>>70638378
Time by Pink Floyd
>>
>>70647929
>That's obscuring the problem, not finding a solution.
Probably desu, good point. At the same time though, I don't think I'd want to go to the other extreme and just "get off the hedonic treadmill" as you put it
>>
>>70649687
Oh, and probably the only good Blink-182 song: "Dammit"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT0g16_LQaQ

But what a good song it is.

"Weak Become Heroes" by The Streets as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylMen8z_53c

>Then the girl in the cafe taps me on the shoulder
>I realize five years went by and I'm older
>Memories smolder, winter's colder
>But that same piano loops over and over and over
>>
File: 1465955056503.jpg (435KB, 1050x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465955056503.jpg
435KB, 1050x1080px
ITT
>>
>>70650041
But thats this whole website
>>
File: IMG_0039.jpg (166KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.jpg
166KB, 800x820px
>>70650041
>>
>>70649780
Damn, I forgot how good The Streets was
>>
>>70638928
>autism eyes

wait what
>>
>>70650315
>>70638928
Yeah I don't agree with the autism diagnosis
>>
>>70647573
>>70647929
>go out and learn things. Get some books out of your school library.
I actually agree with you on this. I feel best when spend time doing things i like.
But at the same time i never felt loneliness despite spending most time alone, so i might be different than other anons.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.