[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gigs attended in 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: C0Elb-AW8AA4Tvh.jpg (184KB, 896x1183px) Image search: [Google]
C0Elb-AW8AA4Tvh.jpg
184KB, 896x1183px
We're a bit too deep in 2017 to be recapping the past year, but let's give this a shot anyway.

I know for a fact that you faggots are prone to maintaining pointless lists, so give me the list of concerts you saw last year. Bonus points if you list the bands on your bucket list that you hope to see this year.

deafheaven
peter hook
beak>
explosions in the sky
protomartyr 2x
LCD soundsystem
titus andronicus
savages 2x
radiohead
animal collective
boredoms
brian wilson
drive like jehu
julia holter
sigur ros
pj harvey
flying lotus
honeyblood
have you ever seen the james fonda aerobic vhs?
thundercat
sunn o)))
dj shadow
king crimson
swans
death grips
whole bunch of local bands

hoping to finally see:
gorillaz
nine inch nails
arcade fire
interpol
aphex twin
gy!be
sufjan
>>
i saw kanye and that was it
>>
Modest Mouse
Brand New x2
LCD Soundsystem
Radiohead
Grimes
Cloud Nothings
+ lots of random locals and probably some I'm forgetting
Brand New killed it both times but their TDAGARIM set was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Same with Radiohead holy fuck
Don't like Grimes's albums much but her live set was lots of fun
Everything else was pretty good
>>
catfish and the bottlemen. Twice
black sabbath on sunday though
>>
Sophie
animal collective
holly herndon
danny brown

i think that's all
animal collective sucked ass but the rest were good
i'd like to see julia holter this year or soon
>>
who else /nogigsquad/?
>>
The Front Bottoms
Shobaleader One
The Levellers
Autechre

That was it. Only band I really want to see this year is King Gizzard.
>>
>>70639900
>Autechre
How were they? After hearing those live recordings from 2015 I would kill to see them live
>>
>>70639915
Spaced out in a pitch black room while a morphing wall of noises swelled around and basically assaulted everyone. Highly recommend going if you get a chance.
Haswell made some horrific noise for an hour or so, that was cool too.
>>
>>70639988
Sounds goddamn wild.

Hopefully they'll play a few shows this year now that elseq has been out for a little while.

I also saw Front Bottoms when they opened for Brand New but they didn't leave a big impression imo. Plus the entire crowd was shirtless and sweaty and trying to mosh to fucking Twin Sized Mattress
>>
I saw plenty of lesser known bands in 2016, it would be useless to list them all, but the most memorable gigs I attended were :
- Autechre, basically a glimpse in the future when our ayyliens overlords will rule the planet
- Horse Lords. They were awesome as excepted, but all the supporting bands were as well, especially a bunch of five Parisian kids who improvised a fun electronic set for 2 hours. Sadly they haven't released anything of notice yet.
- The Kurws. The only albums I listened of them too abrasive for me, but live it was basically soft progressive punk with plenty of surprising twists.
- Rrose. Best electronic stuff I've heard live outside of Autechre and an anniversary show for the 20 years of the Praxis label. It was during a festival with Ancient Methods, Aluk Todolo and also some pretty good but lesser known guys like UVB76 and 6.R.M.E
- Aluk Todolo, I saw them two times actually, and each times it was some good hypnotic black metal with a krautrock influences. I wish more metal was like that.

I wish I would have been able to see Elysia Crampton and Swans during their European tour, I'm pretty sure it would have made the list.

>>70639125
I saw Julia Holter and Julianna Barwick in Amsterdam this summer, I drank too much jenever so I don't remember much of it, but it was also one of the best gig I've attended in 2016, you should see them if you can.
Julianna gave me tears in my eyes at some point and Julia Hotler is a very good composer.
>>
>>70639125
>>70640173
OP here, Julia Holter is fucking phenomenal.
I lost track of time for an hour and went completely head over heels for her. Also one of the best acts I've seen this year, and I haven't seen a single bad one.
>>
File: ODB.jpg (49KB, 560x319px) Image search: [Google]
ODB.jpg
49KB, 560x319px
Joanna Newsom
Rorcal
Spoken
Danny Brown
Keenroh
Boris
Denzel Curry
>>
>>70640251
Yeah, I didn't listen to a lot of her stuff before, but all her songs were evolving in ways that were always kinda surprising and catchy at the same time. Her violinist was also pretty good too IIRC, and I was impressed by her for some reason.
I'm hyped for her soon-to-be-released live album.
>>
Only saw Björk, it was incredible.
>>
florence and the machine
pj harvey
mac demarco
tame impala
caribou
m83
rhcp
lcd soundsystem
sigur ros
chvrches
grimes
death grips
+ bunch of local/more obscure artists that I'll skip for now so you can guess the festivals I went to to gain some street cred
For me Tame Impala was the best, with Grimes coming a close second
>>
>>70641083
>all those meme bands
Kys
>>
The Dillinger Escape Plan x2
The Dear Hunter
La Dispute (bucket list, they were supporting and still phenomenal)
The Hotelier
The Black Queen
Cymbals Eat Guitars (their album release show, got the special edition of Pretty Years which is cool)
Titus Andronicus at an incredibly small venue was amazing and sweaty
letlive which I almost forgot because their vocalist was sick and the show kinda sucked desu, too many tracks from their crappy new album

I missed Sikths first US tour cause I was having a really shitty day the day of the concert and really just wanted to go home and sleep, kind of kicking myself for that :/

As of now the only ones I have ticket for are Cloud Nothing's but imma but Xiu Xiu tickets soon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.