[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digital Collection Organization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

How do you organize your digital music collection?

Mine's typically
Band Name / Album Name / Track Name

There might be a CD folder between album and track folders if it's necessary. Tracks also start with the track number and end with the name
>>
Always Band>Album>Song
If I have demos for an album I put it in the album folder
Singles get their own folder
>>
What do you do if two bands have the same name?
>>
>>70627860
you gotta preface the album with the release year
>>
>>70628131
What about remasters?
>>
band/[year] album/ song
>>
>>70627932
for example, if two bands are named Bleacheater, you'd go by what year they were formed, like:
Bleacheater [1981]
Bleacheater [2004]
That's how I would do it at least
>>
>>70628147
I use the original album release year since the music reflects the year, not the remastering
>>
>>70628432
That's fair
>>
>>70627860

eyetoonz does it for me
>>
(Band) -> (year) - (Album) -> (track #) - Title

I only separate collaborations if they're listed as "x and/& y" and not "x with y," as the latter suggests it's the effort of x primarily with y's contribution; in that case, it goes in x's folder and the addition is noted in the title.

I sometimes add my own info to folder/track titles, and I use square brackets exclusively for that. Usually just what kind of release it is if it isn't a studio album, i.e. EP, live, bootleg, compilation, etc. If a band goes through name changes but it's mostly the same, I include the original name here too and keep the album in a collective folder. (Steven Wilson's album "The Joke's On You," released under the name Karma, is in his folder as "The Jokes On You [as Karma]" for instance.) I'll also include the quality of a bootleg recording if It's listed on the site I got it from, otherwise I don't worry about it. (I'm not going to grade it myself.)

The same bracket scheme goes for tracks too - hidden tracks, live bonus tracks, demo versions, etc. If the title is in another language, I'll try to get either a translation or English pronunciation for the first part, with the original language in parenthesis afterward.

I've never been formally diagnosed with autism.
>>
>>70629459
I like this
>>
Artist/Artist - Album (year) [format]/track Artist - Song
>>
>>70629057
Itunes fucks up the quality of your music

Fuck having music on your computer

Even if you record it, do it analog you plebs
>>
>>70629557
What about artists who only release digitally?
>>
>>70629591
Put the song file straight onto a CD yourself, don't use any programs and then listen to it from a CD player
>>
File: 1448162323138.jpg (99KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1448162323138.jpg
99KB, 543x405px
>>70629656
>>
>>70629669
every program for playing music on a computer I've ever known alters the quality of the actual song
Itunes compresses it
That's why they say if you record something on Logic or Garageband, audacity, reaper or Protools or whatever don't export it to iTunes, burn straight on to a CD
>>
>>70629719
I've never heard of that. Your DAC would take care of everything just fine if you're using the same data on the same system
>>
>>70627860
hey my fellow mint user
>>
File: 1422556583214.jpg (26KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1422556583214.jpg
26KB, 500x417px
>>70627860
no organization, i really screwed myself
>>
>>70629764
>>
>>70629057
same desu, I just make sure all the metadata is up to date.
>>
File: 1382312247738.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1382312247738.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
Genre/Album/Song. There's a seperate folder for songs that were the only ones that I liked in their albums, which have a lot of files randomly thrown in.

MP3tag to organize all my shit.

>>70629459
>I've never been formally diagnosed with autism.
Kek. Music is easy man, trying to organize my 4chan folder made me want to kill myself.
>>
>>70629806
As long as it's tagged right, foobar can sort that out for you with file operations.
>>
File: 2017-01-27 17_12_43-Music.png (15KB, 691x192px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-27 17_12_43-Music.png
15KB, 691x192px
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.