[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ya'll mind if i vent real quick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I only just realised how much time and money ive wasted trying to start up this band thats never gonna happen. It's been a year since i got us all together, super excited, and we dont even have a single song finished. Ive spent so much time trying to get everyone organised for practices, which we can only muster up once every month, and ive bought and lent everyone gear, from guitars and pedals to keyboards, i don't even know how to fucking play the piano. I put recordings and ideas int he group chat but only get a "ill listen to it in a sec" every for every 10 recordings i post.

They all say "oh yeah well have a practice real soon im real keen to crank out some songs" or some other bullshit about how motivated they pretend to be. The bassist doesnt even know how to play, i let him in on the promise that he'd learn to play but he only looks up the tabs to his favourite Cure songs once every month. The girl whos supposed to play synth knows a fuck tonne of music theory and would be a real good asset to us but shes the only one who admits how uncommitted she is. The other guitarist just simply doesnt do anything, he doesnt write anything, give feedback on anything, i doubt hes even picked up the guitar in a week or two. Hes also supposed to be programming drums but i havnt heard any drums yet.
>>
File: eg.jpg (84KB, 519x779px) Image search: [Google]
eg.jpg
84KB, 519x779px
Why would they say they were going to commit to this when they obviously arent? i dont even want to add up how much money ive wasted buying them all stuff. Theyre all my friends too so i dont know how to go about finding a new band outside of the convenience of friendship. Maybe thats the problem, since theyre my friends they just want to fuck around and dont feel any responsibility to not let each other down? I would do solo stuff, but i dont know my way around a DAW or a have room in my bedroom for a drumkit. The pic is my converted bedroom into band practice space, seldom used by anyone other than myself.

Anyone else ever been in this situation? What do i do? how do i start a band with more motivated people? Is it supposed to be this hard to get the band working on stuff? should i just write stuff on my own?

It's a shoegaze band by the way.

(pic unrelated, i just picked something from my downloads folder)
>>
Just tell them to fuck off and do everything by yourself.
>>
You in australia?
>>
>>70624701
no wellington NZ dawg :(
>>
>>70624678
I second this. Fuck your friends. They may have good intentions but people are generally unreliable. Only trust yourself. Do the fucking thing by yourself, I believe in you.
>>
Ditch your friends, never gonna work.

Go down to your local college music dept and ask around for anyone looking for gigs. Bingo, you've got a band of proper musicians.
>>
>>70624633
>it's been a year
>dont even have a single song finished

The fuck? What you should have done was write an entire song and taught everyone their parts since they couldn't be assed to do anything. If at that point they still don't do anything, you start all over with new people and hope they'll actually put in effort.

That's the problem, anyone who's ever picked up an instrument idealizes the concept of being in a band, but they don't want to actually do anything that being in a band entails. They just want to be able to say, "yeah, I'm totally in a band, isn't that rad"
>>
File: c65.jpg (75KB, 547x692px) Image search: [Google]
c65.jpg
75KB, 547x692px
First of all, what can you do other than lending money?

Why did you even start a band? Normally you get a guitarist with a guitar, bassist with bass, drummer with drums. Not bunch of useless hacks who don't know shit, and giving them fiddles expecting them to suddenly turn Jimi Hendrix and Dave Lombardo

And why are you even trying to form a band? You can always go one man solo band. There's this thing called recording and editing.
>>
What the FUCK! I make a thread about the years of sexual abuse I faced from the ages of 12 to 17 and all I get is FUCKING "LE DIARY BLOGPOST". And this FUCKER right here gets sincere replies for this shit?

FUCK THIS PLACE.
>>
>>70624758
>>70624768
>>70624807
>>70624745
I mean yeah, i guess i already know the answer to my problem. I just wanted to let it all out lmao.

I guess the next step would be learning to use a DAW considering i dont have room for a drum kit, nor do i know how to play very well.

alternatively, whom sitting at home in wellington on this windy day wishing they had a shoegaze guitarist to play with?
>>
>>70624847
Was it musical sexual abuse? Maybe you should have fucked off to some other board then
>>
>>70624894
Seriously go and meet some other musicians. Offer to play bass for them if you have to.

Nothing wrong with solo producers but I assume from all the effort you've put into this you want to actually be performing live regularly, and the only way to do that is to have bandmates.
>>
>>70624847
Sorry anon. Maybe helpful posters felt uncomfortable giving advice about stuff they had not experienced. Or maybe it wasn't mu enough.
>>
>>70624894
hey man sucks your friends are all plebs. I'd suggest heading to a music store every now and then to see if you can meet anyone there. Worked for me
>>
>>70625002
Yeah i think i would prefer to be in a band than going solo. Ive always liked he collaborative process more than working on my won thing. I always prefer and do better in group assignments at uni anyway, the problem is finding a good group is all. I think ill go on the hunt for new bandmates before i give up and work by myself.

Ive always enjoyed writing music, but never foudn it that easy to finish a song, or know when i have enough parts to it so it would be good having someone else there with me to give an outsiders ear yknow
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.