[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me why it sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: itaots.jpg (547KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
itaots.jpg
547KB, 600x600px
tell me why it sucks
>>
>10.0
>sucks

uhhh
>>
>>70618132
Because /mu/ likes it and you want to make a shitpost?
>>
>>70618132
AND THEY'LL BE PLACING FINGERS THROUGH THE NOTCHES IN YOUR SPINE
>>
>>70618132
because semen stains the mountain tops
>>
>>70618132
I've tried so hard to see why people like this album. Yeah, I've probably played it about fifteen times over the past three years. My music taste has drastically changed over time so I thought maybe I'll 'understand it more' in the future. That never happened. Seriously the only song I can listen to and not want to hang myself after hearing would be the Untitled one. If you didn't notice, that's the one that doesn't have vocals.

Was that the concept of the vocals? That they're made to sound like complete garbage? I mean, I'd rather listen to the vocals coming from a mechanical voice box from someone who was once a chainsmoker. That would at least keep the album a little entertaining.

Then there's these people that have tried to explain how this is some long concept album about a catholic boy falling in love, Anne Frank, people dying, and some other really uninteresting stuff I could care less about. Even if the lyrics were interesting the vocals still kill it all.

I know that pitchfork loving hipsters will eat my brains out for writing this, which makes me think that all of this is even more a big joke.

Beautiful? Arvo Pärt makes beautiful music, not Neutral Milk Hotel.

I've come to the reason I don't get it is because there's nothing to get. Hurr durr 2deep4me. this is still the worst album i have ever heard.
>>
>>70621622
I wholeheartedly agree. I can see why some people without any taste might think it's good but at the end of the day it's pure garbage
>>
I've never been motivated to listen to it. I don't even know what kind of music it is.
>>
I have yet to hear an indie folk album that doesn't make me cringe, and Aeroplane is the Sgt. Pepper of indie folk albums.

Open chord acoustic guitar strumming accompanied by lyrics that try way too hard to be sensitive and poignant is just not my idea of good music.

I actually used to like this album 10-12 years ago when I was in high school (it seems this is the age group they were aiming for) but grew out of it after a year or so.
>>
it doesn't?
>>
>>70618132
the drummer wasnt playing with traditional grip
>>
>>70621685
>>70621622
These are not valid criticisms
>>
>>70618132
Best album forever and ever. Just relistened yesterday, cried like a baby. I love you, /mu/.
>>
>>70618132
I've never listened to Neutral Milk Hotel, even though I've posted here for years. And I don't plan on doing so. ever. Even if ITAOTS was a good album at first, it's been retroactively spoiled by its anime greasball fanbase. feeling smugly superior to the autist memelords who stalk this board is one of the few true joys in my life. I'm not gonna give that up.
>>
solid 8/10 album OP. you're taste just sucks
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.