[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/super/thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Why are Supertramp so criminally underrated?
>>
Because they really only made one solid album
>>
>>70617721
Breakfast on America, Crisis, Even in the quietest moments and Crime of the Century are four albums
>>
>>70617817
You forgot Free as a bird
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
Crime of the Century [A&M, 1974]

The claim that this is the rock-and-roll of the future depresses me in spite of the amalgamation being a (moderately) smart one. Admittedly, "Bloody Well Right" does display a gift for the killer hook. Now if only the song weren't an impassioned plea for complacency. Maybe if we close our eyes and ignore them, they'll go away. C+

Even in the Quietest Moments... [A&M, 1977]

Most progressive rock is modest background schlock that sounds good when played in the background. This is modest background schlock that sounds good when slipped in the ear. I guess we should thank Babaji, whichever one he is. B-

Breakfast in America [A&M, 1979]

I enjoy a hooky album as much as the next guy, so when this one elicited vague grunts of pleasure, I looked forward to listening in detail. But the lyrics turned out to be glib variations on the usual "Star Romances" trash, and in the absence of a vocal personality (as opposed to accurate singing) or rhythmic thrust (as opposed to a beat), I'll wait for this material to be covered by artists of substance, say Tavaris or the Doobie Brothers. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
>>70620090
>tfw you wanted to be a fiction writer, but had no imagination to come up with anything interesting, so you dedicated your life to shitting on other, more creative people
>>
I enjoy reading album reviews as much as the next guy, so when this album elicited vague grunts of pleasure, I looked forward to reading Christgau's review of it in detail. But the review turned out to be glib variations on the usual "Insult the artist for being too masculine or having a message I don't like" trash, and in the absence of a detailed critique (as opposed to giving the album a bomb or scissors), or offering any context (as opposed to using big words to cover up the lack of content), I'll wait for this album to be reviewed by critics of substance, say AllMusic or Piero Scaruffi.
>>
>>70620090
>>70620138
https://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=Nicki+Minaj
>Beam Me Up Scotty [Trapaholics download, 2009] A-
>Pink Friday [Young Money/Cash Money, 2010] A
>The Pinkprint (Deluxe Edition) [Cash Money/Republic, 2014] A-
https://www.robertchristgau.com/get_artist.php?name=soulja+boy
>Souljaboytellem.com [ColliPark Music/Interscope, 2007] A-
>>
>>70617699
Because dadrock.
>>
Supertramp's rhyming just sounds so forced
>>
i really enjoyed crime of the century
>>
>>70622482
Maybe I'm mistaken expecting you to fight
Or maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know wrong from right
But while I am still living, I've just got this to say
It's always up to you if you want to be that
want to see that
want to see that way
- you're coming along!

You were BTFO
>>
For me lads, Crime of the Century is the best album of the 70s.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.