[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so do you like this album or are you a music snob?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: ec282d5f.jpg (475KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ec282d5f.jpg
475KB, 600x600px
so do you like this album or are you a music snob?
>>
>>70617513
the singles are great
>>
>>70617513
oasis are a one hit wonder boyband
>>
yes

also hilarious how noel gallagher shamelessly ripped off the seekers with shakermaker
>>
yes I like shoegaze
>>
>>70617513
I'd rather be a music snob than liking that utter trash.
>>
5.5/10
>>
>>70617513
i'm not white enough to listen to that shit
>>
>>70617584
more like a 10 hit wonder band
>>
>>70617878
bongland doesn't count
>>
>>70617732
k enjoy your snobby trash and i'll enjoy this trashy trash
>>
>>70617899
>supersonic
>live forever
>cigarettes and alcohol
>shakermaker
>slide away
>some might say
>wonderwall
>morning glory
>champagne supernova
>don't look back in anger
>>
garbage
>>
>>70617984
wonderwall was their only hit in america
>>
utter shite
>>
>>70617984
plus these terrific less known songs

>alive
>half the world away
>talk tonight
>the masterplan
>acquiesce
>bonehead's bank holiday
>fade away

oasis' early output is actually quite astounding. even if you don't like their image and what's now percieved as 'laddishness' noel gallagher was really quite the songwriter for a while in the early 90's
>>
>your a music snob for not liking shitty forgotten 90's pop music
>>
I SAID MAYBAYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>70618050
champagne supernova charted higher than it though

i don't think anyone really judges them solely by their success in the usa though. they totally screwed that up at every opportunity they had (liam getting addicted to meth tour 1, noel quitting the band & cancelling the 2nd tour, guigsy quitting leaving them as a 4 piece for the whats the story? 3rd tour, meaning all of their tv gigs they played were weak-ass, check out the morning glory performance on letterman)
>>
>>70618122
false
http://www.billboard.com/artist/277052/oasis/chart
>>
>>70618122
so they just played without a bassist when guigsy quit?
>>
>>70618222
bonehead played bass for that tour. guigsy rejoined after for a while i think
>>
ALL YOUR DREAMS ARE MAAAAAADE
>>
>>70618252
confirms my long held belief you have to be british and in britain during oasis to like them. artistically on the same level as spice girls
>>
>>70618781
still sold over 10 million records in the US
>>
oasis is not a real rock band. they're a manufactured product.
>>
>>70618839
is that supposed to mean a fucking thing? the spice girls sold a lot more, guess they are the best
>>
>>70619365
no need to get so butthurt, merely disproving your "belief" that only brits like oasis
>>
>>70619448
sorry I will correct myself. only brits and americans with bad taste
>>
>>70618844
just so completely false.
>>
>>70618844
>they're a manufactured product

Two bickering brothers and a few blokes who could barely play their instruments. Genius.
>>
>>70617513
It's their best album IMO.
But however, I always thought that if you heard an Oasis album, you hear them all. This one has a free pass for me because it's their first record and at least I can stand their overplayed singles, and also has some hidden gems.
>>
>>70620093
>I always thought that if you heard an Oasis album, you hear them all

first 3 have the same basic composition and themes

beyond that, each has a distinct identity imo. dig out your soul is practically a psychedelic rock album
>>
>>70620093
there is a sense of development from this to whats the story though, the songwriting got a bit more nuanced and they developed a lot more melody and the quieter ballad-y songs are given a bit more development in terms of texture and sound (cast no shadow is a brilliant song).

after that they did the amazing disaster that was be here now. that record was at least spectacular in it's failings. (all around the world is 9 minutes long!! and after the first 2 minutes it's just chorus repeats for seven fucking minutes!)

after that album they just got bland though. stuck their formulaic songwriting, passed through endless musicians bringing their own generic songs in, noel getting less interested and contributing less. they just gradually aged, became less cooler and more middle of the road. the whole great thing about oasis was the excitement and unpredictability, they lost it pretty quickly after noel ran out of good songs/stopped taking cocaine/both.
>>
>>70620248
Gas Panic and Where Did It All Go Wrong are two of the best songs Noel has ever written. Shame they're stuck on an album full of trash.
>>
>>70618056
>noel gallagher was really quite the songwriter for a while in the early 90's
He's still a great song writer
>>
>>70620308
>Gas Panic

mah niggah
>>
>>70620182
Yeah, they may have changed a couple of things and add up some new details, but as a whole they stick with their same generic and safe songwriting (Almost everything composed by Noel from Be Here Now and onwards and every song credited to Liam).
>>70620248
Yeah, they got quite bland after their third album, but still they were capable to make a handful of good/great songs.
>>70620308
Where Did It All Go Wrong and Gas Panic are the only redeemable songs off that terrible album.
>>
>>70622185
Go Let It Out is a very enjoyable single tbqh
>>
>>70620489
/mu/ may think he's a meme but for me unironically one of the best melody writers ever. the guy has consistently pumped out catchy songs and anthems for 3 decades.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.