[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/school/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1469933738644.jpg (18KB, 452x548px) Image search: [Google]
1469933738644.jpg
18KB, 452x548px
hows everyones year going? whats the music scene like at your school? WSU here, I think theres a small scene but i havent bothered checking it out yet desu

>procrastinate on 6 page research paper due today in class
>pull all-nighter working on paper+presentation
>finish it (very shit) with 2 hrs to spare
>get email that class is cancelled because the prof is sick

music for this feel?
>>
>>70614705
>hows everyones year going?
Decent. Major is going ok.

>whats the music scene like at your school?
Haven't really payed much attention to it. Not even sure there is one.
>>
>still no girlfriend
>celexa doesn't seem to be working I don't want to do anything anymore
>Biochem and Ochem 2 are trying their best to destroy my science GPA
>graphics card went kaput, can't play games with friends anymore

UGA itself isn't too interesting, but there are some great acts in Athens, a lot of bands I genuinely like come here (Ought, Modest Mouse, Dinosaur Jr., Jeff Rosenstock) and tickets are like always like $15
>>
>>70614764
I like listening to The Glow pt. 2 after I finish a hell week / finals week
>>
cool, someone else at UGA
>>
File: 1484542046115.png (85KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1484542046115.png
85KB, 388x218px
I'm not in college nor have I ever been to college, but I was thinking about taking some classes just so I can meet other people who are into music and maybe make some friends/meet a nice girl out of it. Any suggestions for the best classes to take for this purpose?
>>
>>70615222
A R T H I S T O R Y
>>
At Ravensbourne, things are going well so far. I know a couple of guys in my class who have a lo fi rock/ambient soundcloud project that I'm thinking of starting a band with. Was also thinking of trying to get involved with the student radio in some way.
>>
>>70615167
wew go dawgs

>>70615222
If you're looking for people with similar interests, I'd suggest taking Art of Music classes. You won't be able to do anything with what you're learning, and you're kind of wasting your money, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more interesting group of people.
>>
WMU here, just got into MSU, feeling good
Slacking this sem though
Considering a business major of some sort

>>70614705
Wayne State??
Ayy I was just there last weekend, wanted to witness the apocalypse from detroit
See you down there for Nick Cave and Xiu Xiu shows in the following months
Can is my go-to school stress music
>>
>>70615222
Music appreciation
>>
File: sasquatch-1485202501-7523.jpg (72KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
sasquatch-1485202501-7523.jpg
72KB, 600x450px
>>70615425
Nah, WA state. It kinda sucks because we're out in the middle of nowhere so we get practically nothing outside of broad mid-tier Rap/Country/EDM acts sponsored by the school to draw in a bigger audience. Apparently the student radio station used to put on local DIY/house shows but the person putting them on graduated and they stopped doing them

I am going to pic related in may though, feel very meh about the lineup overall but I am really looking forward to seeing Frank live, Blonde was my aoty last year easy, and it should be a fun time either way desu
>>
KU, elementary education major. Lawrence has a pretty cool scene, lots of local live music and a fair amount of big artists come here, especially hip hop. Saw Deerhunter Tuesday night and that was real great
>>
>>70615924
you're gonna see CAS and the radio dept. yeah?
>>
>CO Mines
marching band is pretty good. Once in a while some chorus people sing from a roof somewhere.

I haven't looked any deeper into any music scene really
>>
>tfw bumfuck Minnesota uni where everybody listens to country or shitty top 40
Otherwise I like this place, but damn is it hard to find anyone with even slightly interesting taste
>>
the school I go to currently is kennesaw state. in the future I'll be transferring to UGA. no music scene im aware of in kennesaw or marrietta but im excited to get into it in athens, especially being a huge deerhunter fan
>>
Does anyone go to UCSC? Thinking of transferring, my family moved out west and I'm stuck at a shit school in PA...
>>
>>70616387
will prob try and see frank, chance, mgmt, kaytranada, CSHR, american football, thee oh sees, foxygen, radio dpt, and cigarettes after sex. its actually not bad at all now that i think about and theyll hopefully add more too
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.