[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf guys? This is actually pretty good. Yeah not AOTY material,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Lemonade.jpg (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lemonade.jpg
65KB, 480x480px
Wtf guys? This is actually pretty good. Yeah not AOTY material, but still it's got some solid tracks. I bet most of you guys either haven't actually listened to it or are part of the recent post-Trump /pol/ faggots that have infested this shithole.
>>
what's your AOTY?
>>
yeah dude let's discuss the latest britney spears while we're at it
>>
File: elseq.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
elseq.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>70608042
>>
File: gay.jpg (4KB, 127x200px) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
4KB, 127x200px
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
>>
>>70607976
I'm right of the political spectrum, and i listened to this. It's somewhat catchy, has some nice bops, but i think it's weird that it was hailed as some black pride album when the music has nothing to do with that. the videos she released with it are definitely pro black in narrative, but the actual music has nothing to do with it. It's nothing i care to re visit, her sister released a superior album which actually touches on the subject that this album is hailed for, and has better tunes
>>
>>70608071
>comparing the rhythmic interplay on most of the good tracks on Lemonade to stale shit like Spears
Lmao.

>>70608094
>can't actually say anything bad without using muh memes
Can't expect much from Trumpsters who only respond in memes, huh?
>>
>>70608073
do you also think that tlop/blackstar/bottomless pit were AOTY material?
>>
Take it to KTT or Twitter, girls.
>>
>>70608125
Sounds like you just didn't get it. Being so far towards the right doesn't let you really appreciate the bangers, you know?

>>70608128
>TLOP
Only two good songs

>Blackstar
Old guy makes decent album. Old guy dies. Decent album all of a sudden gets inflated love from everyone.

>Bottomless pit
>meme band still trying to stay relevant
>>
>>70608177
>Sounds like you just didn't get it

well i listened to it with a grain of salt considering it wasnt made for me, but i can still appreciate the tunes. i still think her other albums are superior in terms of bangers, especially her s/t. XO, the video and song, are comfy.
>>
>>70608071
>korn is my fav band
>>
>>70607976
I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY I SLAY
>>
>>70608221
>it wasn't made for me
Like I said, being so far towards the doesn't let you really appreciate the bangers. It's made for everyone. Shit, La La Land just got nominated for mad Oscars, obviously showing that more than just aspiring actors/musicians liked it even though it's about an aspiring actor and an aspiring musician. Don't let the poisonous right tell you otherwise.
>>
>>70608221
did you also listen to TPAB with a grain of salt considering it wasnt made for you?
>>
>>70608221
do you also listen to most of hip-hop with a grain of salt considering it wasnt made for you?
>>
>>70608300
yes

>>70608295
now you're projecting your politics onto art discussion, don't do that
>>
>>70608326
i hardly listen to hip hop, only the shit that's posted on /mu/, just to see what the hype is about.
>>
>>70608071
K-Pop is discussed frequently here so why not? Believe it or not it is possible to have appreciation for many types of music.
>>
>>70608333
>now you're projecting your politics onto art discussion, don't do that
Just speaking the facts here. Bet you're from one of the small towns, too where you live in such a white world that dating a black girl or anything like that would be considered taboo.
>>
>>70608402
Why do you pretend to know me? Because of my opinion on an album? Stop being like that
>>
>>70608471
>2017
>being this unwoke and shallow
>>
I've heard it. It's not total garbage (a few songs are worth a listen) but it certainly isn't great, and wouldn't recommend it. There's a lot of great music out there as to waste time with this one.

The whole thing screams for credibility and not taking her into account just as a popstar. Not only because of the "visual experience", the shitload of ink spent on analyzing her as a Strong Black Woman but also the way the album tries to go in plenty of directions.

Which is a shame cause she is at her best simply as a pop singer, and that's fine. Sorry and Formation are the catchiest and get the message across (a breakup song in which she stays strong and "not sorry"; the latter a celebration of her power), even if the lyrics on the second one are embarrassing compared to a full-time rapper.

But the attempts at folk and rock (featuring jack white, of course) are embarrassing and i can't picture anyone feeling legitimately excited for them besides Grammy voters so they can place her on more categories or people who YASSSS QUEENNNN internally at every mention of #Slayonce and will eat up anything with her name attached to it.
>>
>>70608634
>rock featuring Jack White
>he thinks that track is rock
Confirmed for not actually have listened to the record besides Sorry and Formation. Go back to /pol/!
>>
File: 1416157521686.jpg (67KB, 581x593px) Image search: [Google]
1416157521686.jpg
67KB, 581x593px
>>70608370
>>70608071
>>70607976
Do you guys are implying that those music are not good produce/arrange even when theres the fact that they invest thousand of dollars on create it? Do you dumb fascists liberalfags think that they just gonna drop shit and wait that it works?
>inb4 Le DUDE! Music Is Subjetive -_-' XDDD
>>
>>70608660
What are you on about? Don't hurt yourself can easily be classified as rock. So does the wikipedia and some reviews. And actually, what i said about the grammys was keeping in mind that the track was nominated as best ROCK song.

But hey, why am i even taking this bait when you are redirecting me to a board i don't browse?
>>
you say #slay
I say YASSSSS QUEEN BEY ####SLAY
>>
>>70607976
>>70608073
Lemonade and Elseq are both in my top10 of that year

>>70608177
i agree with everything except tlop, it has actually more than 2 good songs
>>
File: 1484580239663.jpg (11KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
1484580239663.jpg
11KB, 300x232px
sllay yas sslay queen yas slay yes slayu slay syaly SLLAAAAYYY kween yes queen yes qyeen YES QUEEN SLAY ys queen yes please queen please slay queen YAAAAASSSSS
>>
>>70608797
>using wikis and grammys to figure it out rather than listening to the track itself
Only proving my point here that you haven't actually listened to it.
>>
We teach girls to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller
We say to girls: "You can have ambition, but not too much
You should aim to be successful, but not too successful
Otherwise, you will threaten the man"
Because I am female, I am expected to aspire to marriage
I am expected to make my life choices
Always keeping in mind that marriage is the most important
Now, marriage can be a source of joy and love and mutual support
But why do we teach girls to aspire to marriage
And we don't teach boys the same?
We raise girls to see each other as competitors
Not for jobs or for accomplishments, which I think can be a good thing
But for the attention of men
We teach girls that they cannot be sexual beings in the way that boys are
Feminist: a person who believes in the social, political
And economic equality of the sexes
>>
>>70608918
>rather than listening to the track itself
But i have, and i reached that conclussion out of my own experience. The others were examples of how other sources arrived at the same result, and i only checked them out after I made up my mind on it being rock.

On the other hand, you insist that it isn't without actually explaining why or, what's even worse, using pathetic attacks ("go back to /pol/", "you haven't heard it").
>>
File: adolf-hitler-young.jpg (97KB, 879x720px) Image search: [Google]
adolf-hitler-young.jpg
97KB, 879x720px
>>
I got tricked into listening to her last album by the positive reviews. Bland pop music with unrelated spoken word segments sampled from feminist speakers to make the album seem deep and meaningful when the music itself hadn't earned it.
>>
>>70607976
>>
>>70608946
lmao
>>
>>70611420
>The genre-hopping Lemonade (Parkwood Entertainment, 2016) was another attempt to promote her to auteur. An industry artifact with no personality, Beyonce swings between the playful reggae of Hold Up and the gospel hymn Freedom via the piano elegy Sandcastles. Best is probably Don't Hurt Yourself, which is quintessential Aretha Franklin. The collaboration with James Blake yields two of the most boring ballads of his career. All the media hype does little to make this album more than a marketing project. In fact, it's even less musical than Beyonce. She's a mediocre singer and an awful songwriter, and no amount of production work can fully hide that. The accompanying video includes spoken-word interludes of poetry by Somali-British poet Warsan Shire.

lmao
>>
>>70607976

It was pretty mediocre. nothing memorable.
>>
>>70608071
Umm, lets? Cause it's actually pretty good faggot
>>
forced modern pop trends: the album
>>
>>70607976
Beyonce's music is fine. I don't think anyone has ever questioned whether or not she's a good artist

/mu/ shits itself over her because she has potentially the worst fanbase of any modern musician
>>
>>70607976
>MUH LIBERAL ILLUMINATI JAYZ BITCH

no thanks...
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.