[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post two albums that have genre and sound similarities, anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Post two albums that have genre and sound similarities, anons pick which one is better.

>Noise rock with catchy pop elements
>>
I think YLAOM and dino jr as a whole are far more pop oriented than sonic youth, a better comparaison would be YLAOM and bee thousand
>>
>>70607933
DN is better because I haven't heard the other one.
>>
>>70607933
i know everyone will say daydream nation, but i have an emotional attachment to you're living all over me. i prefer the themes/sound in ylaom as well. every time i listen to dn i can appreciate it as good, but i never really enjoy it very much if that makes any sense.
>>
>>70607959
bee thousand isnt fucking noise rock, not same era not same genre not same tone not same anything

what the fuck are you talking about, you sound like one of those faggots that groups "indie rock" as a genre
>>
>>70607959
I didn't think of that, and while it would make a good comparison, I find that YLAOM and DN are similar because they both alternate between alt rock and loud bursts of crushing noise. While Bee Thousand does have the more hooky element in common with Dino, it doesn't have any real noise parts(from what I remember of the last time I listened to it at least)
>>
File: v.jpg (109KB, 892x395px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
109KB, 892x395px
>both 90s indie rock
>both produced much more than previous works
>both experimental lyrically and musically
>>
>>70608003
Dino jr's lofi tone is way closer to bee thousand than it is to dn, are you actually this retarded? Or is this bait?
>>
>>70608075
the moon and antarctica because i've never listened to built to spill
>>
>>70607933
DN
>>70608075
PFNO
>>
>>70608090
haha what the fuck dino jr arent even lo-fi are you fucking kidding me kid
>>
>>70608108
if you like modest mouse then built to spill are the closest sounding band to them by far, try them out
>>
>>70607933
YLAOM for sure. Daydream is good but I connected with Dinosaur's material a lot more. I love the band's ability to combine noise and melody. Even Lou's songs are awesome. Daydream has those elements but it's a lot more artsy.
>>
>>70607933
Not really that similar at all, you could compare Dinosaur Jr. to Eric's Trip, but not Sonic Youth
>>
File: Dinosaur Jr. Babymetal.jpg (135KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur Jr. Babymetal.jpg
135KB, 1080x1080px
hai
>>
File: knuck if u buck boi.jpg (293KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
knuck if u buck boi.jpg
293KB, 600x300px
>both are perceived through your sense of hearing
>>
>>70607967
listen to it immediately. it's considered essential for a reason
>>
>>70611398
haven't heard the other one but verklarte nacht is one of my favorite pieces of all time so I guess I'll go with that one
>>
>>70611469
If you like Veklarte Nacht you should like Crime Mob. I mean, it's definitely less Schoenberg as it is more generally 20th century romanticism. Probably closer to Mahler, actually. But it's still good.
>>
>>70611462
i don't want to listen to sonic youth they were rude to nardwuar
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.