[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Record Player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: bottomless pit.jpg (13KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
bottomless pit.jpg
13KB, 360x240px
I am thinking of getting some vinyls, whats a good quality record player. money is no issue.
>>
auto flip
laser needle
>>
vinyls
>>
>>70606383
A Crosley Cruiser would be a good start. It's cheap plus it has built in speakers if you don't have speakers set up yet and want to wait to get some
>>
The best ones are the ones that play records, not vinyls.
>>
>>70606472
ishygddt
>>
File: 317[1].png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
317[1].png
80KB, 500x501px
>>70606472
>>
Just get a lp120 I have one it works great
>>
>>70606383
If money isn't an issue get a Pro-Ject Debut or something
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sharp-RP-117-Both-Sides-Linear-Tracking-Turntable-with-Manual-for-Parts-/371847077355
>>
>>70606472
But i heard crosley ruins your vinyls
>>
File: vinyls.jpg (84KB, 720x757px) Image search: [Google]
vinyls.jpg
84KB, 720x757px
>>
BUMP FOR LASER NEEDLES
>>
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon is probably the best you can get for under $500 (they cost $399). I have one and it sounds incredible. Keep in mind you also need a good receiver and speakers to go with it, vinyl isn't a cheap hobby.
>>
>>70606615
Crosley doesn't ruin your vinyls much, usually complaints I hear say that Crosley record players are just bad quality
>>
>>70608807
Well that complaint is the tone-arm is too heavy and doesn't have a counter weight so it wears down the record faster. People exaggerate when they say it "damages" record though.

They sound like shit though.
>>
>>70608898
if you have a good amount of money, get an audio technica. and yeah people do exaggerate about the damage but when it comes to vinyls you do need to watch out for damage more than say a cd or even a tape
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgAUxJmh5uE
>>
RIGHT NOW I'M USING A TECHNICS SL-6 THE LASER ONLY TRACKS HALF THE RECORD THEN STOPS IT WONT PLAY ANYTHING PLEASE HELP
>>
File: hessu21.jpg (6KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
hessu21.jpg
6KB, 142x142px
>>70606383
I recommend buying the Crosley "cruiser"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyFxrKX5Ztc
>>
what do you think about tecnics?
>>
>>70611941
GOOD COMPANY IF THEY HAD AUTOMATIC TURNTABLES THAT DIDN'T DIE EVERY HALF YEAR
>>
>>70611941

shit brand that made those ugly-ass DJ vinyl player, no wonder they died and came back a little
>>
Is the LP-60 really that bad compared to the 120?

The 120 is a little out of my price range, but I'm not really looking for any fancy settings or shit like that. Just something that can play my records with some good quality.
>>
>>70611546
Does it have auto-return>\?
>>
>>70612248

If budget is a concern, have you looked for a used vintage turntable?
>>
>>70612444
I don't even know where I'd begin to look for a used turntable, let alone a vintage one.
>>
>>70612456

craigslist?
>>
>>70612462
Nothing shows up on the craigslist for Melbourne, Australia.
>>
>>70612248
lacks counter weight, anti skating, and upgradeable cartridge. the 120 would be better in the long run.
could also look into this one and it's on sale
https://www.amazon.com/Denon-DP-300F-Automatic-Analog-Turntable/dp/B000FMNBXG
>>
>>70612528
Thanks for the link anon, unfortunately it doesn't ship to Australia.

I'll look around for the same model on different websites, hopefully I can find one that's on sale for the same price.
>>
>>70612490
i mean.. if you live in aus then obviously check gumtree not craigslist. do we even have craigslist here
>>
>>70612422
>>
>>70612545
Apparently so. I'll look on Gumtree though, don't know why I didn't think of that first.
>>
Guys I have a pro-ject that made a scraping sound due to wrong counterbalance, now I adjusted the counterbalance and it doesn't make the noise anymore but could it still be damaging my records?
Help please
>>
>>70608439
>>
Get a nice Yamaha amp and Hitachi turntable with autoreturn and you'll be pretty golden desu
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.