[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting Into Death Metal/Black Metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Never been a huge metal fan myself, but ive gotten into death grips (please dont bully me). Found out MC Ride liked this band so I checked them out, ended up kind of liking them. Ive always liked challenging music (like industrial), so i think id like more metal like this.
Anyone get any recs, like black metal and death metal essentials charts or just shit like this
>>
fuck off poser
>>
>>70604325
about what i expected to be honest
>>
>>70604358
maybe you should stop posing so hard
this music isn't for you
>>
>>70604390
how so? i enjoyed this album, i want to see if id enjoy more. im not pretending to enjoy the genre, or even be a fan of any of this. i want to find out if i would be because ive nver tried it.
how is that wrong?
>>
>>70604421
tell me what you liked about it
I won't be a fag, so try Blasphemy because Revenge is just Blasphemy worship
>>
>>70604455
the insane, chaotic fucking drumming was the think i liked most. the growly vocals, usually i hate metal vocals but i think theyre growing on me. and overall just how fucking extreme and brutal this is, its the same reason i was obsessed with Throbbing Gristle when i first found out about them, they were just so extreme to me at the time.
>>
>>70604455
sorry, english isnt my first language so i dont know if a lot of this makes sence
>>
>>70604314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUGmv4mvZt0

Not similar to Revenge at all, but still challenging in its own way.
>>
>>70604314
Sorry about all of the cunts. Anyways, this isn't normal black metal, and is a subgenre called "War Metal", so if you like this (like >>70604455
said) listen to Blasphemy, and Conqueror considering Revenge is a continuation of conqueror. Anyways you should look into Death Metal and Black Metal yourself to see what you like, but since you asked here are some "essentials", and also some favorite Death Metal and Black Metal albums.
Death Metal:
Death - Leprosy
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
Morbid Angel - Alters of Madness
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated (Listen to these last 3 if you want to listen because of your reasoning >>70604538 here)
Black Metal:
Satanic Warmaster - Opferblit
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion
Drowning the Light - An Alignment of Dead Stars
>>
>>70604739
thanks, this is what i had in mind.
>>
>>70604739
Burzum and Mayhem are probably the most essential black metal bands/projects
>>
>>70604933
Maybe for a poser like yourself
>>
>>70604933
Oh shit you're right they just totally passed my mind.
>>70604739
Gonna retcon this shit, you should also listen to
Burzum - Burzum
Mayhem - De Mysterious Dom Sattanas (And then the stuff before then)
>>70604993
Nah, I wouldn't say they're the most important, but they're definitley both considered "classic" and "essential".
>>
Storm of the light's bane by Dissection is what got me into BM.

My favorite death metal bands are bolt thrower, infester, and pestilence.

Listen to the essentials and see what you like though.

Also disembowelment - transcendence into the peripheral is one of my favorites but it's death/doom. More atmospheric than what you're looking for but you might like it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.