[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vice, Slate, HuffPost...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: river donaghey.jpg (31KB, 366x550px) Image search: [Google]
river donaghey.jpg
31KB, 366x550px
What's the difference? I feel like they're all the same. Is there one /mu/ likes better? Can you tell them apart? Which one should I follow if I don't want to be caught in post overload from the three of them?

Asking /mu/ cause you guys strike me as the people who'd know these media in and out.
>>
(pic related BTW, he's a Vice editor and singer in a New York punk band I like)
>>
>>70599012
slate and huffpost is trash
vice is self-aware trash so sometimes they have decent stuff. their documentaries are usually great
Have a couple friends who freelance for them.
>>
>>70599012
They're all fucking GAY and have shit taste
Just base your music taste on whatever Tiny Mix Tapes hypes
>>
>>70599012
/daily/ >>>>>> all of those
RYM eventually if you're patrician.
>>
>>70599080
They have a lot of really bad docs and all, but I agree, some really great ones.
>>
OP here, thanks for answering. To be clear I didn't ask about them just for their music sections, I meant generally.

>>70599086
>They're all fucking GAY
There, there, no need to feel defensive, this isn't /pol/
>>
>>70599012
you should follow none. all of these things are tools to build portfolios at the expense of millennial culture.
>>
>>70600318
???
I don't understand what you mean

(I should perhaps have mentioned English is my second language)
>>
I just go to Pitchfork to read all my news, great site :)
>>
find individual writers you enjoy and follow them
>>
Salon and Vox are the worst
Well Buzzfeed is but they're hardly a news site
Vice can be OK but not a fan of their politics
>>
>>70600517
>Pitchfork
I thought this was frowned upon on this board?!?

>>70600549
>Buzzfeed is the worst
no contest here
>>
File: 1484788899395.gif (461KB, 350x232px)
1484788899395.gif
461KB, 350x232px
They all have one thing in common, anon

theyre FAKE NEWS.
>>
>>70600480
they start off as blogs that make no money
then big companies buy them and they make a little bit more money, but still not much

the difference is, the big companies have shareholders and stakeholders.

so the big companies promote the fuck out of them at a loss of profits, and the theoretical value of the brand grows due to millennials clicking on it all day.

at this point, the big companies have something they can show investors that says they understand young people.

in reality, all they're doing is creating a front to shove brands in our faces at the expense of whatever "culture" they're posting on their site.
>>
>>70600646
Yeah I know don't worry I read Breitbart too but I can't really follow them on social media bc cuck liberal friends you know

>>70600714
Thanks for explaining. So, what's the next big thing? What is today what Vice was in 1995 when it was created?
>>
>>70601195
for music, the quietus or basementality or tinymixtapes
>>
>>70601243
bookmarked, thanks

I'm dubious about basementality as it looks like your mate's wordpress

but maybe your mate's knows good tunes, I'll give them a chance
>>
>>70602049
that one actually isn't as active i'm noticing. i just wanted to steer you in the direction of not completely for-profit news sources. you can also check out canthisevenbecalledmusic and fuckedbynoise for more of those. also rateyourmusic is good for finding some shit if you're into that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.