[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a Radiohead Contrarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: The_king_of_limbs.jpg (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
The_king_of_limbs.jpg
46KB, 250x250px
The King of Limbs and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes are are two of my favorite releases associated with Radiohead, with the King of Limbs easily being my favorite. Amnesiac is right up there with these two. I'm honestly not even a huge Radiohead fan but The King of Limbs if quickly becoming one of my favorite albums released in the last five or six years.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
>>
>>70598614
Yes.
TKOL is the pinnacle of Thom's career.
>>
>>70598614
TKOL is definitely an underrated album. I don't really rate it as highly as other radioread releases though
also, Amnesiac is my favorite radiohead album
>>
TKOL is great

but if you prefer the second half of it, you're a pleb
>>
No. It was the second album I listened to (first was In Rainbows, and I thought it was ok) and I didn't like it at all. I kinda enjoy it now.
Amnesiac is weak compared to most of Radiohead's albums but yeah, it's good.

Also, since this is a radiohead contrarian thread, the album I listen to the most is Hail to the Thief.
>>
I felt more hype for TKOL than AMSP for some reason
>>
Correct Opinion:

The first four songs are horrible. The last four are god tier
>>
>>70598782

nah they're all great
>>
>>70598740
Because TKOL came after In Rainbows...
>>
>>70598782
Morning Mr Magpie is the best song in the album
>>
File: thom yorke the eraser.jpg (445KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
thom yorke the eraser.jpg
445KB, 1000x1000px
>>70598614
songs I wouldn't mind listening to on a regular basis: decks dark, pyramid song, all I need, harrowdown hill, rat's nest.
>>
File: 17526200.jpg (203KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
17526200.jpg
203KB, 600x600px
this was mostly just 'okay', but Ingenue is a gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZl6BRY9IYQ
>>
>>70598782
Bruh why everyone sleeping on Little By Little....
>>
>radiohead thread
>no mention of OK Computer
>>
>>70599343
That's the king, it doesn't even need to be said.
>>
Between the Atom's For Peace record and TKOL there has to be one great album focusing on experimental rhythm but as it stands now we have two mediocre albums. Seems like Thom Yorke was really interested in looped rhythms during this time. This was also during the time that he was collabing with Burial and Flying Lotus and stuff. Seems like after TKOL he gave up on the idea because AMSP seems to go in a completely opposite direction.

TKOL is such a weird album because the whole rhythm concept is dropped halfway through. I wish they would have fully developed the concept throughout a whole record. AMOK is pretty good too but the songs feel undercooked. Like they stretched a few musical ideas way too far.
>>
Pop is dead is the only GOAT Radiohead songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuCY7ldETM8
>>
>>70599904
This video was shot 30 minutes from where i live
>>
>>70599996
ok
>>
>>70599996
>>70600023
REKT
>>
>>70598614
Yes, that is very contrarian... However!

Pretending to like something shitty because you want to seem different doesn't make you cool. TKOL is only tolerable if you listen to it in the background while you are doing something else, like folding laundry. Saw them in 2012 and most of their songs played were from TKOL. Disaster.
>>
>>70599343
OP here what the fuck else is there to say?

hell TKOL is almost at that point as well

no one else seems to like Tomorrow's Modern Boxes though

I know it's not a masterpiece but it's pretty great imo
>>
>>70599284
Best Atom's for Peace song coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZd0K1KVyrQ
>>
TKOL is a 7/10 album that broke a then 6 album string of 8/10s. Perfectly good album, just not quite up to the band's established standard. It was subtly ambitious though, but even then AMSP's standout tracks took TKOL's ambitions and applied them more tastefully. Really, there's not a lot that TKOL can claim to excel in. I guess you can say it's the least explicitly depressing Radiohead album as the band's usual dose of neuroticism is heavily toned down on it, but otherwise not a lot else.
>>
>>70599996
was it somewhere near oxford?
>>
>>70600502

it's quickly becoming my favorite album of their's i wish i was better at expressing myself and explaining why :/
>>
>>70599996
"High and Dry" was shot around 15 minutes from where I live. :^)
>>
I didn't really care for the album until I heard the live versions, it just made the album kinda click hearing them in that context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2084nQbmvk
>>
>>70600602

Might be the nature motif, or the particulary strong krautrock vibe. Possibly the latter as Amnesiac also has that going for it. Granted, every Radiohead album from OKC onwards can claim that as well but Amnesiac and TKOL really run with it.
>>
>>70600529
Yeah, White Horse Hill.
>>
>>70600359
I love that thom and flea are friends.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.