[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daniel Johnston Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Daniel_Johnston-Yip-Jump_Music.jpg (16KB, 200x312px) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Johnston-Yip-Jump_Music.jpg
16KB, 200x312px
What does /mu/ think of Daniel Johnston?
>>
He has a lot of shit songs but when he hits his stride there's not an artist on earth better for pouring emotion into lyrics
>>
>>70597789
/thread
>>
>>70597659
Great stuff. His piano songs are underrated.
>>
Songs of Pain is his best album
my favorite one at least
>>
>>70597659
I was just about to make a thread about him. I had just posted one on /b/. I love his music. Yip Jump is his best album.

>>>/b/720277158
>>
>>70600355
Hey cool! I got dubs. My girlfriend told me before she left for work today that i can't listen to Daniel Johnston because we don't have enough data. If i could i would listen to Casper the friendly ghost fist.
>>
>>70600355
>>70600404
I'm the only Daniel Johnston fan on the planet. It fucking sucks :(
>>
He incites a lot of feels, although most of his stuff just isn't good enough to be made up for by his (genuine) endearing charm.

I don't think he's a genius, but his empathy and direct-ness make him very...necessary
>>
>>70600531
>i am the only Daniel Johnston fan
Cringe
He's great but he's kind of popular with alternative tumblr types so you aren't the only one
>>
File: daniel johnston dont be scared.jpg (110KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
daniel johnston dont be scared.jpg
110KB, 1280x1280px
if there's one thing to take away from Johnston is that his style and shit recording quality have greatly obscured the fact that he was beyond gifted at creating soulful and brilliant melodies

through the eighties he recorded so many songs that you'd think he was making them up as he went along, but listen closely to those melodies and that composition, and imagine a larger, more musical ensemble performing arrangements of his tunes

troubled misunderstood musical genius like him are few and far in between
syd barrett is another example of a composer too skilled for his own musicality

also there's a poster that he drew for a local music festival many years back that sits above a lonely corner table at a sandwich shop, it was near my high school and I used to go there and sit beneath it all the time

wonder if it's still there
>>
>>70601787
Absolutely true

What are some of your favorite underrated Johnston tracks, anons? Some that come to mind for me:

Fighting With Myself
Lonely Orphan On the Run
I'm a Song
Strange Boy
You Put my Love Out the Door
Too Young to Die
>>
>>70601899
I haven't talked with enough Dan Johnston fans to know what's under/overrated :(

I fucking love some songs like Follow that Dream, The Sun Shines Down on Me, and pretty much all of Songs of Pain

songs like these, man songs like these.. nothing quite like it you'd expect from a man with a situation like Johnston's otherwise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzw3pmIRiZU
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.