[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Banshee Beat the best song Animal Collective has ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

File: reinshecht.jpg (65KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
reinshecht.jpg
65KB, 500x450px
Is Banshee Beat the best song Animal Collective has ever made?
>>
>so I duck out and go down to find the swimming pooOOOOOOOOOOOOL

idk but it's really fucking good
>>
>>70588839
Not even the best song on the album
>>
Meet the Light Child is my pick

But there are too many great anco songs to pick a best
>>
>>70588839
It's easily top 5

Banshee Beat
Alvin Row
In the Flowers
For Reverend Green
Bluish

Too many amazing songs to choose from desu
>>
>>70589045
Winter's Love is one of the most solid and perfect songs every recorded.
>>
I love the delayed guitar plucking at the beginning
>>
>>70588839
idk but as long as we're on Feels Flesh Canoe is highly highly underrated
>>
feels is one that I actually put lower on the animal collective album totem pole, but banshee beat into daffy duck into loch raven is a really great time
>>
>>70589070
It, along with Bees and Daffy Duck get a lot of shit but not for no reason. It's not that the songs are bad, it's just that they're painfully slow and scattered randomly among much faster and upbeat songs like Grass, Purple Bottle, even Loch Raven feels upbeat compared to those three. Those three songs make Feels very awkward to listen to by breaking the tempo and flow of the album.

I loves Feels and all the tracks in it, I just think the ordering could be better. Going from Grass into Flesh Canoe into The Purple Bottle into Bees feels bad.
>>
>>70588839
>What is Alvin Row
>>
>>70588839
Yall just pretending Alvin Row doesnt exist?

Even if, My Girls is probably their most influential piece of work
>>
absolutely not, half the track on spirit are better, winter's love/visiting friends are better, and some others as well

it is the best on feels though (tied with have yous een the words)
>>
>>70589315
I almost never see Have You Seen The Words or Grass mentioned. I don't know if they're actually overlooked or if it's just so obvious that they're great that nobody mentions. Everyone only seems to talk about Banshee Beat. Banshee Beat is good but the first two tracks are the best on the album in my opinion.
>>
>>70589343
grass used to be my favorite but loses it's sheen after a lot of listens

DYSTW is definitely underrated though
>>
The correct answer is Street Flash
>>
Did you see the words = Turn Into Something (underrated) = Grass > Banshee Beat > Purple Bottle = Loch Raven > Flesh Canoe = Bees > Daffy Duck
>>
>>70589343
This. I'd also throw Purple Bottle in there two. That along with DYSTW are two of the best love songs I've ever heard.
>>
Easily top 30
>>
>>70589761
loch raven is the most beautiful song on the album
>>
>>70591654
it's 70% third-wave post-rock, sorry.
>>
>>70591654
>>70591663
But yeah, don't get me wrong, I still like it. It's just that it's not much more than "good".
>>
>>70591663
Can you rec any examples of third wave post-rock that sound like Loch Raven? Very interested cause it's my favorite anco song,
>>
for me its

5. What Would I Want? Sky
4. Fireworks
3. Winters Love
2. In The Flowers
1. Alvin Row
>>
>Purple Bottle
>Banshee Beat
>Summertime Clothes
>Turn Into Something
>Winter Wonderland
>Fireworks
>>
>>70592073
Yeah I'm taking my words back, not so much third-wave post-rock as much as second-wave (gybe, mogwai) and slowcore (duster/RHP/carissa's weird), only without drums and with much more interesting production.

It's not like it's the same, but the aesthetic / composition is very similar.
>>
>>70592221
ah, okay, I gotcha.
>>
>>70588839
If Alvin Row and Brothersport didn't exist it would be.
>>
>>70589174
>It, along with Bees and Daffy Duck get a lot of shit but not for no reason. It's not that the songs are bad, it's just that they're painfully slow and scattered randomly among much faster and upbeat songs like Grass, Purple Bottle, even Loch Raven feels upbeat compared to those three. Those three songs make Feels very awkward to listen to by breaking the tempo and flow of the album.

That's the point of the album. It's called Feels because it's intended to explore as many extremes on the spectrum of human emotion, so obviously there are some upbeat cheerful tunes and some slow sad tunes.
>>
In The Flowers is the absolute best they made imo
>>
>>70592322
this guy has his head on straight
>>
the live acoustic version is the shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMBKi7qDms8
>>
>>70592335
Yeah, but the ordering is done poorly. It's an awkward listen
>>
>>70591654
agreed, definitely in my top 3 of all anco albums
>>
>>70589174
Finally someone who agrees with me. I've always thought that maybe Tikwid should have been put in between Grass and Purple Bottle.
>>
Best song on Feels is clearly Purple Bottle
>>
1. Alvin Row
2. Chocolate Girl
3. Banshee Beat
4. For Reverend Green
5. In The Flowers
>>
Who /lioninacoma/ here?

Also Bat You'll Fly, is top tier desu.
>>
>>70588839
Yes.
>>
friendly reminder that Alvin Row is the single greatest song ever recorded
>>
>>70589070
NAKED IN THE MIRROR OF THE BAAATHROOOM
>>
>>70589070
>>70594330
>it's nice to find new ways to smile :)
>>
1. La Rapet
2. Alvin Row
3. For Reverend Green
4. In The Flowers
5. Hey Light
>>
hot opinion coming through

1) Brother Sport
2) Summertime Clothes
3) Winters Love
4) Banshee Beat
5) Alvin Row
>>
>>70588839
Yeah. The greatest album they ever made was MPP, but Banshee Beat seems like the crescendo to Avey's songwriting, Panda's drumming, Deak's guitar and Geo's sample work. First time I really heard them come together beautifully.
>>
>>70596252
nigga shut the fuck up
>>
>>70588839
no, Bees and Daffy Duck are better
>>
>>70589343
Have You Seen the Words is the track that got me into Anco.
>>
>>70592870
It sort of makes sense in a way that an album dealing with youthful emotions and hormones feels awkward with constant mood swings. I doubt they thought that far into it but that idea seems to fit.
>>
>>70588839
Kids on Holiday or Visiting Friends.
>>
>>70598168
>Visiting Friends
Fuck this track. It's way too uninteresting for it to take up 1/4 of the album.
>>
>>70598331
>he can't into one of the best tracks in their discography
I pity you anon
>>
Bold picks ahead:
1) April and the Phantom
2) Purple Bottle
3) Alvin Row
4) For Reverend Green
5) Banshee Beat
>>
>>70598927
Perfectly acceptable but picking just 5 out of such a large and fantastic discography feels hopeless.
>>
>>70598927
i like your style
>>
>>70593972
My man right here

PLEEAASEE DON'T LEAVE MEEE
>>
Edgy List comin thru

1) Lion in a Coma
2) Winters Love
3) Alvin Row
4) What Would I Want? Sky
5) Purple Bottle
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.