[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Jaki Liebezeit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tago mago.jpg (159KB, 600x600px)
tago mago.jpg
159KB, 600x600px
The indisputable greatest drummer of all time died.

Lets have a CAN circle jerk in remembrance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPVefU_gUg0
>>
File: fd.jpg (147KB, 500x500px)
fd.jpg
147KB, 500x500px
>>70585693
Reminder that Future Days is their best album
>>
>>70585707
I go back and forth a lot on which album is their best, but if you put a gun to my head I would say Tago Mago. Because of the fact it has their best song, Halleluwah, on it.

Can will always be one of my favorite bands ever. They totally changed how I look at music, Once I first heard Can my taste changed completely.

I have had some of the best musical experiences hammered drunk listening to Can at unreasonable volumes.
>>
>>70585707
Listened to it front to back the first time a couple days ago and maaan it makes it alot harder to decide which is my favorite. Ive always been partial to ege bamyasi but now its a toss up
>>
Mods need to sticky this.
>>
>>70586099
They didn't sticky it when he actually died two days ago, why would they now stupid tripfag?
>>
>>70585693
>The indisputable greatest drummer of all time died

Funny that, because Keith Moon of The Who died in 1978.
>>
>>70585693
Nah, Tony Williams is alive.

Anyway, Jaki's death has made me realize how underrated Ege Bamyasi is. Normally it's between Tago Mago and Future Days, but Ege has the best drumming on it by far and it's what really makes that record work even if the other instruments aren't up to the par of Tago Mago and the ambiance not up to the par of Future Days.
>>
>>70587171
Tony Williams is dead
>>
>>70587171
Out of all the jazz drummers you chose Tony Williams?
>>
>>70585693
>The indisputable greatest drummer of all time died.
Max Roach has been dead for 10 years, dude
>>
>>70587171
>>70587209
tony williams been dead for 20 years
>>
But Buddy Rich died years ago, OP!
>>
>>70587209
Oh...well, shit. I coulda sworn he was still alive. Damn, I thought Elvin Jones was still alive, too wtf is wrong with me?
>>
>tfw saw him and Irmin 4 years ago
>tfw got Irmins autograph on my dads Tago Mago pressing from the 70s
>tfw didn't want to bother Jaki
>tfw its too late now

I did not ask for these feels
>>
>>70587240
I always think Buddy Rich died in the 50s but then I realize I always mistake him for the other Buddy
>>
>>70587221
It was between him, Jones, and Roach. Williams has worked on the widest variety of things so he's shown everything from traditional jazz drumming, more crazy jazz drumming, more fusion-esque rock inspired stuff, and even just groovy funky stuff that's just the opposite of all these. Also precision blast beated almost 20 years before Pete Sandocal did it for Morbid Angel.
>>
>>70587313
You like Blakey at all?
>>
>>70587351
Not really his fault considering he was a thing before all these other guys, but I would put him just a notch below these guys due to the lack of varied jazz during his time. That being said, he was very good at doing his unique take on bebop style drumming.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.