[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any albums as good as this one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
The_Strokes_-_Is_This_It_cover.png
67KB, 300x300px
Are there any albums as good as this one?
>>
i hate the strokes as people and everything they represent, but ill be damned if they cant write a catchy pop rock hook
>>
yeah the "album" I just published from my asshole into the toilet 5 minutes ago
>>
>>70577917
>i hate the strokes as people and everything they represent
why?
>>
>>70577881
Most
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 225x225px
>>
>>70578161
they are a bunch of self serious trust fund hipsters
>>
There are a lot of better albums than this
>>
>>70578301
>self serious
why do you think they take themselves so seriously?

>trust fund hipsters
who gives a shit how much money his dad makes, don't see why that devalues the music at all. it's not like he's talking about being poor or anything, if anything the lyrics perfectly reflect the boredom and alienation of relationships that an upbringing like that would provide

plus he writes god-tier melodies
>>
>>70578363
I think the White stripes did a much better job in this kind of pop-rock, I really can't say this album is beyond 7/10
>>
>>70578411
>I think the White stripes did a much better job in this kind of pop-rock
they didn't, at all

also i'd put this album more in the vein of post-punk and garage rock revival. obviously it's poppy though
>>
>>70578463
I can see why you would call it post-punk but it's like calling green day punk.
And I always felt like this album is full of ok riffs with songs that goes nowhere, when I try to come back to it I get bored really fast and I'm not sure what was all the fuzz around it
>>
>>70578531
>And I always felt like this album is full of ok riffs with songs that goes nowhere
i thought that but then i started to love it. it really has great melodies
>>
>>70578363
Any post that isn't about the music itself should just be ignored. It's just grasping at straws to go after the artist to support whatever dumb biased view they have.

As for your question I wouldn't say I know of anything that gives me the particular feeling this album does.
It's like you can feel younger and completely nonchalant about life again the way Julian and the guys probably felt in that time when they started recording it.

It's that young feeling yet completely sincere sound that ends up sounding nostalgic even though it wasn't meant to be at the time.

I'd look up their influences and go from there though.
>>
>>70578716
>It's that young feeling yet completely sincere sound that ends up sounding nostalgic even though it wasn't meant to be at the time.
yeah this. hard to explain is super nostalgic
>>
>>70577881
LEAVING JUST IN TIIIME

room on fire is the only album by any band that comes close to is this it
>>
>>
>>70579043
TAKE ME AWAYYYYY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.