[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 648352_v5fydt.jpg (154KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
648352_v5fydt.jpg
154KB, 1440x1440px
Drums
>>
They're alright.
>>
They're pretty good, would love to get a little beginner kit but I don't have room to practice. Got a pad and some sticks though.

Rudiments are fun.

Rudiments are god.

Join us.
>>
>>70572118
low end e-kits are tiny

sound crap but you might find one that can hook up to some drum software
>>
>>70572118
>Join us
But I've played drums (poorly) for over ten years now.
>>
no.
>>
I like to watch drum covers on memetube
>>
Does anyone have else have experience with marching percussion? Imo it's way harder than any other type of percussion I can think of
>>
>>70572897
No but marching drum rudiments can be extremely complex and nothing like a regular drummer would utilise
>>
>>70572081
drummers into jazz and funk are always the best to play with.
>>
>>70572582

JOIN US
>>
>have drumkit at home
>noisy as fuck, even with dampeners
>can't practice without everyone hearing me
>anxiety settles in
>don't practice

And that's how I'm shit after 7 years.
>>
QUICK, POST FAVOURITE DRUMMERS

>Steve Jordan
>Jojo Mayer
>Stanton Moore
>John Bonham
>>
>>70573876
John Bohnham
Steve Gadd
Steve Smith
Mitch Mitchell

P. S good list anon
>>
>>70573876
COPELAND
O
P
E
L
A
N
D
>>
File: drums.jpg (512KB, 2880x1516px) Image search: [Google]
drums.jpg
512KB, 2880x1516px
>2 drums
>>
>>70573876
Fuckin

AKIRA
J
I
M
B
O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fCiGc25ic
>>
File: percussion.png (886KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
percussion.png
886KB, 768x768px
>percussion
>>
>>70573991
Bill Bruford was the best thing to happen to 70s kc after Boz
>>
File: drums.jpg (48KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
drums.jpg
48KB, 640x353px
>>70572081
Are these your drums, OP?
>>
>be me, 15yo autist
>have a schoolband
>went there to handle the technical things like checking if the mics are working and providing cables and stuff
>They have two drumsets there
>the our teacher plays a bit on it while i watch and ask some things about it
>notreallyinterestedtbh.jpg
sit down on the second set
>hit the hihats twice and each drum once
>no idea what im doing really just hitting things with the stick
>teacher comes over and tells me im the new drummer from now on
>what
>band practice starts with me sweating not knowing what to do
>no rhythm
>not hitting the drums hard enough
>everyone gets pissed because i keep fucking up
>this goes on for several weeks (one band practice a week)
>teacher is convinced he fucked up
>kicks me out of the band
>too ashamed to talk to anyone from the band till now or ask if i could be technician again

:(
>>
>>70573876
Steve Shelley <3
>>
>>70574067
>this goes on for several weeks

why didn't you just play a simple 4/4?

that's what 90% of drumming is and any old retard can do it
>>
>>70573876
Bill Bruford
Zach Hill
Britt Walford
Fenris
>>
>>70574160
>Zach Hill

I don't understand how someone can like that clusterfuck. His speed is impressive, but not musical at all. I guess it's 2deep4me
>>
>>70573834
Get some earplugs and stop giving a fuck.

Dampeners work fine, it's the bass pedal that annoys people but you can get a shock absorber for like $70 which eradicates most noise.
>>
>>70574200
I love noisy as fuck music and he plays a lot of it
Listen to
1-800-Ghost-Dance
its one of my favorite songs and its one of the songs that inspired me to buy a drum kit
>>
>>70574240
I need to use ear piece to practice with metronome, music, etc. I can't hear shit with an earpiece AND a construction work muffler on top. It's fucking crazy.
>>
>>70574245
Ok, that's actually good. I remember watching some of his solos which were beyond comprehension for me.
>>
>>70574346
yeah. Ignore the death grips kids, its unfortunate how much they ride his dick now, I saw hella in 2007 and I was blown away. Crazy musicianship from both Zach and Spencer
>>
>>70574311
Well if you've got some cash you could get some in ear monitors. Click track, music and muffle all at once.

I used to have anxiety over playing my kit too, but after sticking to 2-3 hours a day when the house/neighbour count is minimal I stopped caring. Only had the odd complaint but who cares, it's your passion.
>>
>>70573876
Bill Ward
Dale Crover
Nick Menza
Kevin Parker
Dave Grohl (because In Utero and SftD)

Some not added because other people already mentioned them.
>>
>only have 2 channel interface
I can still record stereo drums somehow... R-r-right guys? I don't have to do mono snare+room or kick+overheads for every song until I upgrade my shit, right?
>>
>>70574810
just get a v kit and boost sounds with superior drummer

gonna sound like shit without a proper mic set up
>>
>>70574346
Are you reasonably new to the board? Before Death Grips Zach Hill was one of the most well liked drummers on this board. Then DG happened and people got fatigued with him.

My favourite is Brian Chippendale.
>>
>>70574160
animal from puppets
joe elvin jones
zach hill
gene krupa
>>
>>70573876
gregg fox
gregg fox
gregg fox
gregg fox
gregg fox
>>
File: stew.jpg (9KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
stew.jpg
9KB, 276x183px
>>70573924
Copeland is God
>>
Kashikura Takashi is my god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0U8q4ODBkg
>>
Yo what are some albums that are mostly just solo drummers or focused entirely on a drummer? Especially if it's jazz
Maybe something like the beginning of this like really just straight percussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYB7lD6chwc
>>
>>70575805
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVYx0mBGPu4

Closest thing that comes to mind. Also Steve White is a forgotten legend, guy is a master.
>>
>>70576207
I was thinking something more improvisational, basically just soloing for the entire track. Sort of like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBe7oUulnuQ
>>
>>70576547
Yeah I just posted some solo work of I drummer I knew, nothing special.

Not sure I dig that stuff anyway, cliche as fuck but even the most technical jazz drummers will tell you they are there to be heard but not noticed.
>>
>>70576622
I mean what you posted was alright but I'm just wondering if there were any albums out there that were really just the drums, nothing else, no rhythm guitar or bass or anything. I'm sure there's some out there somewhere. 'Preciate the effort though
>>
>>70576840
Oh no don't get me wrong I can dig stuff like that I mean I love Fugazi. There's tons of great drumming in punk. Check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugo7ai-CgTs

But y'know all I'm thinking is that if I'd be interested in the concept of a solo drums album, surely someone else would be. That drummer would have to be pretty damn confident to think they could make it work, but maybe someone has done a decent job who knows
>>
>>70575710
dude is so overrated.
it's like he doesn't give a fuck what any of the other members are doing plus every single song is some generic twinkly guitar lines / chord progressions rehashed over some random jazzy drums.
i don't hate toe they're okay but when you've heard a few songs you've heard them all.
>>
>>70576966
Music might not be for you, but his drumming is incredibly hard to replicate. He's not overrated because to get to that skill is not even close to being easy.

You probably haven't listened enough or you don't play drums, but his drum parts are well thought out and very musical.
>>
>>70573876
Wyatt
>>
>>70573876
Vincent Roseboom, the best
>>
>>70572897
Played tenors in high school
>>
>>70573965
>band has two drummers
>>
>>70577325
nah it sounds like you're into musical olympics, perhaps you're better suited to watching weightlifting competitions.
he doesn't play with the band he plays over them and i couldn't give less of a fuck how much effort it took to get to the point where you're the yngwie malmsteen of math-rock drumming.
>>
QUICK EVERYBODY POST YOUR KITS

Seriously though, this is one of mine, probably my favourite. Lovely old 1963(ish) Premier 55 outfit. Bought in a horrific state from a friend of mine for a steal, spent a few weeks really getting it sorted, it's like it just came out the factory again. Build quality on par with Ludwigs and Slingerlands of the day, but because there's so many of them around in England, they go for a song.
>>
File: mocfmf.jpg (7KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
mocfmf.jpg
7KB, 200x195px
>>70573876
John Bonham
Keith Moon
Bill Bruford
Barriemore Barlow
Robert Wyatt
Guy Evans
Stewart Copeland
Mitch Mitchell
Carl Palmer
Ginger Baker
Michael Giles
>>
File: xl_74914-TD-25KV_F_350.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
xl_74914-TD-25KV_F_350.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>70577638
Too lazy for a photo but here's a TD-25K.

I sold my old crappy acoustic when work put an end to gigging but I'm thinking of getting back into it. Hard to find a band though, it's all heavy metal and blues rock around here which doesn't interest me. Gigging as a drummer is such hard work too so I gotta be motivated.
>>
>>70572897
Yep.
Played tenors/quads for 6 years.
Now I have tendinitis forever.
I can still play our cadence though and it sounds pretty bangin on a 5 piece set.
>>
>>70572081
Bernard Purdie anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMjGaiIxtY
>>
>>70577585
hey man maybe music, is not for you. there is no one way to play drums or music. and technical ability is rewarded in all aspects of life. Being contrarian is not for me.
>>
>>70573876
Michael Giles
Jon Theodore
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgvMPJkvD4

Elder God tier drumming
>>
>>70573965
>ten drums, six cymbals, and two pairs of sticks
>>
>>70578010
nah dude you're not into music you're into how many bum irrelevant fills some guy can shred over generic twinkly guitars. you're just an autistic music nerd who sheds tears when somebody plays a 9/4 beat in 220bpm.
>>
>>70577638
Me again, second favourite kit this time. You might be able to tell I've a bit of a thing for Premier drums. The Signia's may be the best drums they ever made, far outclasses anything they're making at the moment.

>>70577770
I've always been really tempted by the idea of a TD-25. Would make rehearsals a lot easier. I've tried the smaller/cheaper Roland kits before and never really got on with them.
>>
File: 1483389265423.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483389265423.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
is there a more fun instrument? it's so goddamn groovy

>mfw playing Chameleon
>>
>>70578915
Thinking is good my friend. If it sounds appealing then it works. Toe's drums give energy to the music. There's no reason to cry over a 220 9/4 bpm song if it is not aesthetically pleasing.

No reason to hate a piece of music just because thought went into making it.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.