[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's /mu/'s deal with Swans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170123-220512.png (458KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170123-220512.png
458KB, 2560x1440px
I listened to this whole album, and it kinda feels like an inside joke that I'm not in on.
most of the songs I enjoyed, but, at the risk of being told I just don't "get it" there were a few songs (YRP 1 & 2) that just confused me. Why do people like it so much?
>>
Why do you faggots keep spamming swan threads?
>>
People here like him because the lead singer is an older, straight white man who appears brooding & strong.
>>
Did you listen to it after you listened to their entire discog?
Did you listen to it laying down with your eyes closed and the lights off?

If you said no to either of those, you didn't do it properly.
>>
>>70565368
ignore >>70565423

honestly just go into it without trying to make anything of it, but try also to appreciate the scope of this specific release, even if its magnitude may very well have come from dumb luck
>>
No wave Swans are fantastic.

Post rock Swans are a boring joke with no punchline
>>
>>70565455
You know i'm right fagboy.
>>
>>70565396
Buddy, I'm not spamming shit, I'm looking for discussion.
>>
>>70565468
so fucking wrong it actually pains my fucking insides
>>
If you haven't heard Swans more accessible albums you'll probably have a hard time enjoying this.

White Light At The Mouth Of Infinity
To Be Kind / The Seer

I really don't think SftB is an album you can just jump into very easily.
>>
>>70565455
I definitely appreciate the music. With what little I know about production and all that business, the whole album is very well put together.
What is it that you like about Swans, though, anon? That's what I'm here for.
>>
>>70565477
I mean you aren't exactly wrong but you're going a little over the top with this
>>
>>70565423
What do you mean? Why would I have to listen to everything else first?
>>
>>70565455 >>70565582 me again

>>70565368 OP, on the note of >>70565522 it would probably at least be good for you to just at least hear some of either The Seer or TBK just so you know what to expect
>>
me again
>>70565608
>just so you know what to expect
I mean to say, just so you have at least some kind of familiarity
>>
>>70565608
Tried listening to some of TBK, but just got uneasy and anxious. I'll try The Seer, though. thanks for the help, friend.
>>
I enjoy the sense of discomfort and the strange acid-y soundscapes on this album. The vocal clips and production sell it for me. There are a bunch of random tracks that seem pointless and in a sense that's because they are. The album isn't trying to be a completely cohesive rock piece. It's a collection of tracks that intentionally genre hops and is all held together by a similar sense of uneasiness in the production. It's not completely depressing or anxious though, there are plenty of lighthearted moments and it's more fun if you don't try to look for a deeper meaning behind it.
>>
>>70565727
Thanks for the insight, anon. So the uncomfortable nature of the music is intended? What's the draw to it, why not listen to something relaxing, or hype, even?
Actually, I suppose I answered my own question. Music, in itself, is designed to make you feel some kind of emotion, so why not have music that makes you feel uneasy, just to complete the spectrum? Lots of music is made to make you feel happy, or sad; excited, relaxed; so this is just another step.
Thanks anon, you made me have an epiphany.
>>
>>70565498
You deserve it
>>
>>70565468
shit taste desu
>>
>>70565809
lmao glad to help man
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.