[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT IS BELIEVING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

IT IS BELIEVING
>>
Been a while since I listened to this whole thing. Just listened to it again as a result. Granted, I still find most of the tracks on it to be just okay, the few good tracks on this are godly.
>>
>>70566185
tomorrow never knows is still one of my favorite tracks of all time
>>
ONE TWO THREE FOUR (cough) ONE TWO
>>
One of my favorite albums
>>
File: 1460265475254.png (233KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1460265475254.png
233KB, 500x501px
>51 years later people still haven't realized I Want to Tell You is the best track
>>
>>70564917
I wish it didn't have those filler songs but it's still one of their two albums that still remains remarkable today, though Rubber Soul is much more consistent, Revolver has higher highs
>>
>>70566313
>not She Said She Said
>>
1966. jesus christ. i dont buy into a lot of beatles hype but this song was prophetic
>>
>>70566313
i feel hung up and i dont know WHYYYYY
>>
>>70566340
>not I'm Only Sleeping
>>
>>70566340
Some of Ringo's best drumming
>>
>>70566529
Probably my favorite Beatles song. I relate to it so much
>>
>>70566462
fuck I always thought it came out in 68
>>
File: IMG_1285.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1285.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>white girl in my class makes a presentation on why George Harrison was appropriating Indian cultural by using a sitar on revolver and rubber soul
>>
>>70566462
>1996

Fuck, they WERE ahead of their time. If anyone can prove me wrong by showing me something like Tomorrow Never Knows or She Said She Said from before that year please do.
>>
>>70566619
meant
>1966
>>
>>70566618

AGHH THIS IS SO ANNOYING
>>
I played The White Album on the aux chord at work and my coworker thought it was a modern alternative rock radio station until Helter Skelter came along.
>>
>>70566619
eight miles high could probably be a contender but im not sure
>>
>>70566643
I usually stay out of arguments about cultural appropriation but I can't stand this. George had utmost respect for Indian culture and Hinduism and dedicated most of his life to it.
>>
>>70566666
>dem quints

georgo was satan confrimd

Nah but I agree. George lived and died by his believes in Hinduism.
>>
The thing that I love about Rubber Soul and Revolver is that for their vocals all still sound more like their boyband era rather than their rock/art rock/psych rock/etc era. It's well, a great middle point for their career. Which it literally is, but still.
>>
>>70566693
Mid Beatles best Beatles definitely

Their voices especially ringo's changed so drastically by the end of their careers. Ringo sounds like a chipper grandpa on Octopuses' Garden
>>
>>70566618
honestly, i'm pretty liberal and believe in cultural appropriation in certain circumstances, but the idea of "bad" cultural appropriation in music seems dumb
the only way music advances is by artists copying other artists
>>
File: a1965-john-lennon-sunglasses.jpg (37KB, 398x560px) Image search: [Google]
a1965-john-lennon-sunglasses.jpg
37KB, 398x560px
>>70566693
>>70566714

Best era my friends
>>
>>70566666
True this. And it's not like a lot of the stuff was simple assimilation either. Love You To for example, down to its song structure and the musical theory behind it, is more Indian than the average Bollywood track one can listen to today and Harrison also went so far as to getting actual Indians/Asians to do more on the track than the rest of The Beatles themselves.

>>70566693
It does seem that their later stuff just didn't do the vocal harmony stuff as much, just a little bit of the usual lead/backing stuff as well.
>>
>>70566619
Who were The Beatles of the nineties? Nirvana? That's the only band I can think of that comes remotely close.
>>
>>70567621
Ween

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ap_iRDuoFzc
>>
>>70566618
It's always a woman doing this shit.

John was right
>>
>>70567621
Radiohead.

Please Please Me - Pablo Honey
Rubber Soul - The Bends
Revolver - OK Computer
Sgt Peppers - Kid A
Magical Mystery Tour - Amnesiac
White Album - In Rainbows
Yellow Submarine - The King Of Limbs
Let It Be - A Moon Shaped Pool

Not sure what the Beatles equivalent of Hail To The Thief would be, nor Radiohead's equivalent of Abbey Road.
>>
>>70567827
ugh this is so crazy off base. i like radiohead and know their discography but they're not in the same league as the beatles. they took ideas from the beatles like karma police sounds like sexy sadie but those album comparisons are horrible

>Let It Be - A Moon Shaped Pool
>Yellow Submarine - King of Limbs
>White Album - In Rainbows

worst offenders right there i mean at least the kid a pepper and amnesiac mmt thing makes sense.
>>
>>70567915
kid a pepper does not make any sense whatsoever sonically

maybe as the bands 'magnus opus' but that is about it
>>
File: expand.png (197KB, 353x453px) Image search: [Google]
expand.png
197KB, 353x453px
>>70566313
>Paul's melisma during the outro
>>
>>70566618
George wasn't even the first to use the sitar, The Kinks beat him to it
>>
Eleanor Rigby doesn't get mentioned enough in these threads. I know it's the second most famous track off the album but its still phenomenal. Plus the only Beatle track with a lyric contribution from each member.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.