[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy way to get into Yes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: yes.jpg (74KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
74KB, 630x420px
Easy way to get into Yes?
>>
>>70564850
Close to the Edge
>>
>>70564850
You're living on it
>>
>>70564959
This
>>
I don't know
>>
>>70564850
You listen to Rush instead
>>
>>70564850
Start with Close To The Edge
If you liked Siberian Khatru the most, go to Fragile
If you liked the long, drawn out music in And You And I and the title track then go to Relayer, if you want more of that go to Tales From Topographical Oceans
If you really liked Fragile then literally just go backwards in their discography from there (The Yes Album, then Time And A Word, then Yes)
If you liked Time And A Word then listen to Going For The One
If you liked their self titled album Yes and Fragile the most then listen to 90125
If you liked 90125, Going For The One and The Yes Album and want to continue then listen to Tormato, Drama then Big Generator in that order
If you're one of the poor people that's stuck on TFTO then perhaps listen to Yessongs, that's cool. I also suggest going on to Rick Wakeman's solo work such as The Six Wives Of Henry VIII. If you're still jonesing for some stuff then I'd seriously consider going on to Rush like >>70565569 suggested or going on to Genesis
>>
Although CttE is my fav Yes album by far, I wouldn't recommend listening to it first. I got into Yes with Fragile -> The Yes Album - > Close to the Edge -> Rest of their discography. Guy above me has mostly really good points except I would start with Fragile first, as it's home to Roundabout, probably their most popular track.
>>
>>70565839
This, everone else is stupid, because Close To The Edge is not a good entry level album.

Start with Fragile or The Yes Album, then go to Close To The Edge, then Relayer and Going for The One, and finally Tales From Topographic Oceans, which is their harder classic sound album, but still fantastic, and my personal favourite. There's not much worth listening in the rest of their discography, but you can give it a try if you want to.
>>
>>70565956
Only reason I recommend CttE is because I love Siberian Khatru
>>
>>70565956
I mean, Time And A Word is alright, and I always thought their self titled album kinda sounds like The Velvet Underground & Nico
>>
The Yes Album is the best one to start with

Songs aren't too long, and the musicianship is still amazing. Clap is my favorite acoustic song ever
>>
Unfortunately, close to the edge is by far their best work. I say unfortunately because it is an absolute masterpiece and nothing else they have done even comes close to it. Sure, fragile and tales are great, but nothing theyve made comes even CLOSE to close to the edge. It's bittersweet because ctte is so good but you want more. But you wont get more.
>>
>>70566177
Don't you think Relayer and Tales are on the same level as Close To The Edge? I've always found the three of them to be almost equally good, and have a hard time picking my favourite.
>>
>>70564850
Watch jojo
>>
youtube
>>
listen to king crimson or emerson lake and palmer instead
>>
>>70564850
Start by not reading any Christgau reviews of them.
>>
>>70564850
Watch Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.
>>
Listen to rush because they're better
>>
Fuck off Jojofags
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.