[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW JLIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (123KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1200x1200px
https://soundcloud.com/planetmurecords/nyakinyua-rise

Discuss the most important electronic artist of our era here
>>
Why do all you people have to claim whatever artist you're infatuated with at the moment as the most important artist of this decade or whatever?

I like JLin and I'm excited about listening to her new stuff, but this thread is going to be utter shit
>>
>>70555435
Because it grabs people's attention. Jlin isn't super well known or talked about on this board so I figured if I call her the most important ppl will be like "oh really? Let's see if this poster is right."

Oftentimes when I don't include a phrase such as this in my OP I get no replies and no one listens to the cool thing I posted that I have never seen posted here before.
>>
DUDE FOOTWORK LMAO
>>
>>70555600
This song is barely footwork.
>>
>>70555435
And another reason is cuz I do truly believe she's the best out right now
>>
>>70555593
Hmm alright, that's actually a good point.

I've tried making tons of /bloop/ threads, but the only threads that actually ended up with people talking about bloops was when someone made a bait thread saying either something bad or good about OPN lol

How's her new stuff?
>>
>>70555669
The single in the OP is amazing. It's got a good blend of footwork, IDM, and Tarraxinha (the Príncipe discos stuff).

I saw her live back in May and I believe about 50% of the set, maybe more, was new material. She definitely played this song and most of her next album. It's very different, much more IDM influence. She said she doesn't consider herself a footwork artist anymore and I would have to agree. Every new track she played the club went insane, everyone was amazed jumping around and no one knew wtf was going on really. The effect her new music had on us, I imagine, is the same effect that people felt when they saw Aphex Twin perform tracks from the RDJ album live for the first time.

After the set everyone was either slackjawed in awe of the music or had a stupid big grin on their face.
>>
>>70555301
ah yes the meme footwork artist is back
yawn

doesn't hold a candle to the weird frontier
>>
>>70555813
Actually listen to the song. No way anyone's reaction should be "yawn" to this song.
>>
Track of the year everyone else can pack up and go home.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.