[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Jethro Tull?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 1437336935173.png (208KB, 488x360px) Image search: [Google]
1437336935173.png
208KB, 488x360px
Thoughts on Jethro Tull?
>>
DUDE FLUTE SOLOS LMAO
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (78KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
78KB, 400x400px
tfw when you remember he won Grammy for best metal performance over Metallica
>>
File: flute.jpg (138KB, 609x764px) Image search: [Google]
flute.jpg
138KB, 609x764px
>>70554145
WDHMBT?
>>
Thick as a Brick is God tier
>>
>>70554145
Good
Metallica is shit
>>
one of my favourite bands

>>70554145
lmao fuck metallica
>>
Top 5:
Thick as a Brick
Aqualung
Songs from the Wood
Minstrel In the Gallery
Benefit
>>
>>70554072
Stand Up and This Was are their best desu. The debut is solid blues rock
>>
t h i c c
as
a
b r i c c
>>
File: 1483158334284.jpg (94KB, 960x439px) Image search: [Google]
1483158334284.jpg
94KB, 960x439px
>>70554490
>>
File: Ian+Anderson+AndersonPNG.png (245KB, 330x476px) Image search: [Google]
Ian+Anderson+AndersonPNG.png
245KB, 330x476px
>>70554072
>>
>>70554072
https://youtu.be/SJdMwZFw8n8?t=1h3m46s

The instrumental priboch cap in hand gets me close to tears everytime (1:03:44).

Also that phasing on The Whistler is pretty good.
>>
Ian Anderson is cool and talented.
>>
One of the prog greats I do not care for
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
This Was [Island, 1969]

Ringmaster Ian Anderson has come up with a unique concept that combines the worst of Arthur Brown, Roland Kirk, and your nearest G.O. blues band. I find his success very depressing. C-

Stand Up [Island, 1969]

Fans of the group claim it's a great album. I am not a fan of the group. I think it is an adequate album. B-

Benefit [Island, 1970]

Ian Anderson does admittedly have one great gift--he knows how to deploy riffs. Nearly every track on this album is constructed around a good one, sometimes two, and after a couple of listens, you'll have practically the entire thing memorized. But I defy you to recall any lyrics. For all his careful en-un-ci-ation and attention to wordcraft, Anderson creates the impression that he can't/won't care about his theme, which I take to be love/friendship or something along those lines. The verbiage isn't especially obscure, but it does make it very hard to concentrate. I'm sure I hear at least one satirical exegesis on the generation gap though. B-
>>
Aqualung [Island, 1971]

Ian Anderson is like the town freethinker. As long as you're stuck in the same town as him, his inchoate interests and skeptical views on religion and human behavior come off as refreshing. Run into him in the big city though and he can come off as a real bore. Of course, he can also turn out to be Bob Dylan--it all depends on whether he rejected provincial values out of a reflexive somatism or a desire for something more. C+

Thick as a Brick [Island, 1972]

Ian Anderson is the guy who'll tell you on one album that the entire thing is one song and then on the next album tell you one side is a theme. The usual shit--rock (getting heavier), folk (getting feyer), flute (getting better because it has no other choice), words. C+

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]
>>
Ian Anderson toasted his voice early on, by Under Wraps, he was pretty well shot as a singer.
>>
>>70554881
He also pretty much ran out of ideas after TAAB, but for some inexplicable reason the albums kept right on coming.
>>
Aqualung is a pretty sweet album.
>>
File: app.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
app.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
Best Tull album right here.
Try to prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
>>70554786
>>70554764
Christgau also wrote a column about a JT gig that he attended. He said that it's very depressing to pay money to hear a guy bitch about society and organized religion for three hours and he'd rather see the Rolling Stones who at least know how to have fun.
>>
Jethro Tull is Crescent Fresh!
>>
Really jealous of his flute skills
I've been amaturely playing for about 6 years and I'd like to get good with rock flute
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.