[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

piano/ music theory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1027_f5594b_5888411.jpg (67KB, 687x683px) Image search: [Google]
1027_f5594b_5888411.jpg
67KB, 687x683px
Hey mu/, just wanted to know what ressources you guys use for learning hot to play piano.
I've been playing for 5 years, but i think i need more mental speed so, anything is welcome (theory, harmonics, improvisation, rythm, tricks/hints, etc.)
thank you guys
>>
>>70552609
Well you've been playing for way longer than I have, but I try to learn by thinking about music theory and then practice the application of it by playing and messing with backing tracks
Even if it's not the best way to practice, it's one of the most fun.
It takes a while before I start to burn out on ideas for improv, but before I do I can usually come up with the next thing I want to work on
>>
well i started like that, and for a year or two I literally had no idea what i was doing, so to say i worked only by tone intervals (for arpeggios and melodies) and simply good sounding chords, but i had no idea on how to play GMaj7th(for example).

It's true that it's not the best method but if you keep doing this you will get a very different aproach to music, it's more personal and unique than forpeople who learned in conservatory or similar (because over there it just consists on imitating other pieces and authors, while if you do the oposite, you only play what you really like)

Sorry for bad english :)
>>
>>70553708
Well what are your goals with piano? That's something you should consider before coming up with a practice plan
>>
>>70555226
I plan on being a composer some day, classical music, jazz, bebop etc.
but what i reall enjoy is improvising, sort of like following someone on bass/guitar with some solo from time to time.
although this is in the long term, for now i just want to learn for the sake of learning
idk man for what i want i should really learn ''everything'' (from the theory basics, to tonal interval and impro) but it's a really long way to go, just a matter of patience.

the more you learn, the less you know.

Everithing i learn opens another set of doors that were closed before hahaha it's kind of exasperating, but also feels really good when you realize you're progressing.

what about you? what do you plan on doing with piano?

cheers
>>
Hey guys, i've been seriously considering learning to play recently. I won't be aiming to play intricate classical compositions, i'd just like to play some music that i like. Now, i am pretty serious about this, so i would just like some insight on what to expect when learning. For example how long does it usually take to at least decently play simple songs. I don't want to step into this with my expectations too high and get frustrated.
>>
>>70552609
Schubert G is the cutest there
>>
>>70556391
Violin Student here your instrument of choice is baby wheels tier
>>
>>70556391
2 years, probably.
>>
>>70557079
>plays a stringed instrument
>wants to talk shit about difficulty
bitch nigga pick up a trumpet and lmk when you can play more then 2 octaves' range
>>
>>70557079
Are you referring to the piano?
>>
>>70556391
Piano is relatively easy to start out on, and you could be playing simple pieces within months. Bear in mind getting a good teacher will make progress much faster.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.