[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone listened to the new Austra album? Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 63903-future-politics.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
63903-future-politics.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
Anyone listened to the new Austra album? Thoughts?
>>
underwhelming unfortunately
>>
File: Austra_FeelItBreak_web.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Austra_FeelItBreak_web.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
nothing will ever top this
>>
I liked it but the first song is awful as I recall.
>>
i enjoyed it!
listening to a lot of other music right now though but i really enjoyed "I love you more than you love yourself", and both singles were nice.
>>
>>70553939
YES! This is actually the only song I loved. I don't know which ones were the singles but I liked Utopia too. My problem was that it felt too samey and her voice gets boring at times.
>>
>>70554172

Utopia and Future Politics were the singles afaik. Future Politics has a good part ("I'm not a COOOOWAAARD like THEEMM"), and i fucking love Austra Good Parts™ (the flutes on Home from their second album still stirs me up).
i think the samey-thing is kind of a big issue for them, when they do get creative it's fucking wonderful almost every time, but a lot of songs are pretty much basically Lose It in different versions.
ILYMTYLY just kind of does whatever the fuck it wants, it shouldn't have techno sounds in it, it shouldn't have the chorus repeated twice and it shouldn't have sweet fucking synths after the chorus but it does and it works and it's so sweet.
it just feels so fresh and sweeps me along every time. sorry for getting super wordy about this but i really enjoy this band, even though they don't make the best albums, individual songs are fucking great sometimes.
>>
First song confirmed garbage
>>
>>70554292

like i really really want to compare them to kate bush but i just know it's not true
>>
>>70554292
hahaha it's okay man, it's actually refreshing when someone is actually discussing music on here and with such passion it's a bonus. They're yet to top Feel It Break, if ever. I only liked 5 songs on Olympia (Painful Like, Home, Fire, Reconcile and Hurt Me Now.) They just need to be more consistent and stop going downhill on every new album. I can't believe I only liked 2 songs, I hope it will grow on me.
>>
>>70554462

good five picks dude, wow. i can't believe there aren't more songs i enjoy on that album. i'm not even sure i would put fire among them.
Reconcile has fucking good parts though, the ending with
>"it's there, in truuuuuth:"
>"you will love again"
i like it so much.

the thing with Feel it Break is that i even enjoy a lot of the deluxe content (Young and Gay is in a lot of ways a fucking perfect deluxe edition song), like they make this super fun, new, unique, dark-but-playful album with almost all songs being very enjoyable, and then they add like 10 more and are like "ok these are songs that are good to but didn't fit the theme".

do you have a favorite song? i feel i would betray myself if i didn't pick The Noise, i just melt whenever that guitar comes online.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.