[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:Flaws you've noticed about your favorite artists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0032.jpg (187KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0032.jpg
187KB, 590x393px
None of TMBG's albums seem to finish or end, they just kind of end.
>>
File: aue.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aue.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
they focus too much on sound design and not enough on being actually appealing to listen to
>>
>>70551985
I'd argue "The End Of The Tour" on John Henry and MAYBE "Space Suit" on Apollo 18 are pretty good album closers.

Other than that I can see what you mean.
>>
File: IMG_0037.jpg (222KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0037.jpg
222KB, 500x750px
Half of his songs are about serial killers. The other half is him making random sound effects
>>
File: KanyeWeast.jpg (10KB, 220x255px) Image search: [Google]
KanyeWeast.jpg
10KB, 220x255px
I don't HATE his new works per say (they were mixed bags) but I feel like musically people will defend even his worst albums just because of who made it/the great works he made in the past. Some people have a hard time admitting he releases weak albums.
>>
>>70551985
i can sort of see that, though tmbg are up-apologetically one of my all time favorite bands.
kiss me son of god is a GOAT closer too, along side what >>70552220
mentioned. throw in road movie to berlin and didn't kill me too.
>>
>>70553836
>and didn't kill me too
Ehhh...It was pretty weak.

It's still in my top 5 TMBG albums, but Too Tall Girl would have been a better closer.
>>
>>70552332
but he hasn't released a weak album
>>
>>70553948
A: He's released at least 2 or 3.
B: Would you be saying the albums were that good if they weren't made by Kanye?
>>
>>70553976
but they were made by Kanye, only Kanye could have made them. are you retarded?
>>
>>70552038
they focus too much on X and not enough on X
What!?
>>
>>70554008
You didn't answer my question.

If it were a different artist that made in album in that style, would you still praise it as much, or are you only praising it because Kanye's the one who made it?
>>
>>70554058
I like Kanye's albums because Kanye is a creative producer has his own artistic vision. No one else could make an album that sounds exactly like a Kanye album. I praise his albums because they are creative and appealing to my taste, not necessarily because Kanye made them.
>>
>>70554175
>I praise his albums because they are creative and appealing to my taste, not necessarily because Kanye made them.
Fair enough point. Some fans of his just blindly praise his weaker albums JUST because of the fact he's the one who made them. Props for not being one of those guys.
>>
>>70551985
I like Road Movie To Berlin quite a bit as a closer.
>>
>>70554197
The thing is, when you mention his weaker albums, I genuinely don't know which ones you are referring to, unless you mean The Life of Pablo, which is amazing. Yeezus is amazing, 808s is arguably his weakest but is still amazing.
>>
>>70554252
You pretty much got all of them.
TLOP (Mixed bag), Yeezus (Mixed bag), 808s (2-3 good songs + mostly garbage)
>>
>>70552254
>Gay innuendo
>Mike speaks in Spanish
>SKREEEE
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.