[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you think she contributed to the band?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1215.jpg (32KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1215.jpg
32KB, 600x478px
How much do you think she contributed to the band?
>>
>>70549634
is that dee reynolds
>>
>>70550036
Yes she's gonna be in a movie
>>
>>70549634
I don't know, listen to the basslines and figure it out for yourself.
>>
>>70549634
Only talented member of the band beside David Byrne
>>
>>70549634
I'm pretty sure she wrote most of Psycho Killer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLcS8auWVnY
>>
Whenever I hear the Talking Heads I think the bass lines are far more interesting than the guitar and the bass really carries the songs and thought, hey thats pretty cool, that chick bass player is actually really good!
But then if you ever watch any of their performances live, she'll be dingalinging along on a bass and there will be a dude in the background on a Pbass or something thats actually doing all the funky bass shit

they still suck though
>>
David Byrne said they had to throw out all her recordings on the first couple albums and the bass tracks were re-recorded with a random producer assistant in the studio cuz her stuff was so bad.
>>
Found A Job is the greatest bassline of all time
>>
>>70551156
There is nothing wrong with that dance. It's cute and obviously she's just having fun.
>>
>>70549634
Didn't they have to rerecord her lines because they were terrible?
>>
>>70551258
>>70551346
source?
>>
>>70551156
Frantz's horrendous vocals try-hard "funk" are infinitely more embarrassing than Tina's dance
>>
>>70551346
>>70551372
>During recording of fourth album ‘Remain In Light’, engineer Stephen Stanley would take Tina Weymouth aside every morning and say how Byrne and producer Brian Eno had rerecorded her bass tracks. “Every time you play something really great,” he’d say, “Eno goes and erases it... I can’t stand the way he’s honing in on you.”
That is incredibly dickish. But then again, Brian Eno is a dick. He basically tried to tell Devo how to record their first album when he produced it.
>>
>>70551539
frantz only put her in the band because they were dating. it was never about her talent. it worked i guess.
>>
>>70551539
Eno has a way of fucking up bands. He gets buddy buddy with the main singwriter and they collab while the rest of the band sits with their thumbs up their butts and watches a masterpiece get made.
It's sad someone so talented is so shitty. Would still work with him though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.