[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Straight Edge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1281737_640x640.jpg (24KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1281737_640x640.jpg
24KB, 640x640px
Who /straightedge/ here? I'm thinking of making the transition, I only smoke pot and drink maybe once every two months and don't like the feeling of being drunk or high. Post some good straight edge music.
>>
lmao
>>
lmao
>>
lmao
>>
lmao
>>
>>70543455
I'm trying to go no fap and even I say lmao
>>
>>70543455
How about just creating a reasonable balance in your life, instead of adopting some literally edgy label for yourself.
>>
you know the majority of the world can go without drinking/smoking and not give themselves some faggy label
>>
File: full.jpg (30KB, 499x333px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
30KB, 499x333px
>>70543991
This. SxE is just a complete trend anyway.
>>
>>70543455
why do you need this moronic label?
>>
>>70543991
>>70544023
I think the idea is more about once you call yourself "straight edge," it's encouragement to keep along the path of bettering yourself. It's not just about not drinking/doing drugs, it's about working out, being healthy and focused on your goals. Once you say "i'm straight edge," you identify that and it encourages you to improve yourself and your life.

>>70544043
It's been around since the 80's I highly doubt it's just a trend.
>>
>>70544482
but that implies that cutting that stuff out of your life is necessarily better, whereas usage of alcohol/drugs in moderation can have minimal bad effects

in any case, as long as you aren't flamboyant and preachy about it>>70544043
you're fine (nobody likes someone who openly pats themselves on the back for good deeds they've done, especially if said good deeds are of questionable value to begin with).
>>
>>70544482
It may not have been a trend back in the 80s but now with all the super sweet slim fitted t-shirts and 15" XXX ear plugs it's not too much of a far cry.
>>
>>70544482
No it's literally a trend people followed. They heard the song Straight Edge and made a trend out of the lyrics. Ian MacKaye didn't even call himself straightedge. The whole idea was an OPINION by Ian of how he felt he wanted to live his life. Now it's some pissing contest saying that if you don't follow those rules exactly, you're a degenerate.
You can cut those things out of your life and live a healthy live however you see fit, but don't follow a trend because it sounds like the way to live.
>>
Take an inventory of how many straight edge people you know that are enjoyable to be around.
That number is always, always zero.
Rethink.
Straight edge is right up there with veganism and crossfit when it comes to being intolerable.
>>
>>70543455
Straitedge only because my dad was a junkie and my life is shit now just like his was, so I have a fear of starting anything because I'm 99% sure I'll become dependent on it and it'll ruin my life.
>people who get butthurt at straitedge people because they think straitedge people think they're better than everyone else
not true, and vise versa.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.