[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WOK ON HOME BOI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Phil-Anselmo.jpg (88KB, 492x661px) Image search: [Google]
Phil-Anselmo.jpg
88KB, 492x661px
WOK ON HOME BOI
>>
Cool thread, man
>>
VDAP has no bad songs on it, but tracks 1, 3, and 4 are the best ones.
>>
>>70542813
Is Anselmo a Trump fan?
>>
>>70543403
I can't picture him not being one. It's impossible.
>>
>>70543415
I can't imagine he'd like Mike Pence what with being a knee-jerk fedora.
>>
I used to love Vulgar Display when I was a kid, but I've moved on to more adult music and I don't think it's the summit of musical achievement I once did.
>>
Divisive album. It started a whole new chapter of metal history where tough guy posturing replaced the traditional sci-fi/Tolkien/Satanism metal stuff. But at the same time, it inspired legions of horrible copycats.

Like the other guy said, VDAP has no bad songs other than No Good which is kind of ridiculous. This is definitely Pantera's most consistent album with no filler tracks or weird experimentation. The production is also very good. For comparison, Far Beyond Driven and Reinventing The Steel were a mess, with distorted guitars, excessively loud vocals, and typewriter key drums. Vulgar Display is mixed nicely, with everything clear and well balanced. The drums have punch, the vocals are crisp, and while the bass is almost inaudible, the thick guitar tone makes up for it.

Dime's riffs aren't as good as on Cowboys From Hell, but they work well. Later on, his solos would evolve to amelodic stuff with a heavy use of effects pedals, but at this point they were still basically blues rock. The problem with VDAP is that the production is so clean that it almost makes it too perfect and thus bland.

The best songs are the fast/riffy ones like Walk and Fucking Hostile, the slower/mid-tempo stuff somehow doesn't work that well. But there's not much balance or any atmospheric songs here ala Cemetery Gates. The bvrtal at all costs sound becomes a bit wearying at times, also the slower songs tend to repeat themselves and lack the momentum of the fast songs.
>>
File: 2017-01-22_20-30-46.png (495KB, 508x624px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-22_20-30-46.png
495KB, 508x624px
>>70543403
Yes
>>
Should I have not been surprised that no one yelled white power at the Superjoint show last week?
>>
>>70543704
>..and they STANK!
>WHITE POWER!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.