[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you guys recommend me something that sounds like him but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

can you guys recommend me something that sounds like him but that isn't considered shit around here?

also why is he so smug
>>
Miguel, Frank Ocean, Kelela, FKA twigs, Sevdaliza and the list goes on
>>
>>70527738
James Blake or SOHN maybe
>>
>>70527738
Miguel

>also why is he so smug
'cause he's a motherfuckin' starboy
>>
File: 1482296749451.jpg (76KB, 510x705px) Image search: [Google]
1482296749451.jpg
76KB, 510x705px
the only thing that's considered shit around here is your fear of disapproval
>>
>>70527738
>why is this homeless man who now makes $55m a year so smug
>>
>>70527738
Maybe 6lack
>>
>>70527776
>real talk
>>
he is shit but his music is more honest than anything else out there
>>
>>70527738
That one white guy Jamie something
>>
>>70527745
great post, thanks buddy
>>
early weeknd is well received
>>
not memeing. this is great.
>>
>>70527738
>but that isn't considered shit around here?
Why are you so afraid, anon?
>>
>>70528453
yeah listen to some early weekend he done fell off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgvOlSA4F8Y
>>
>>70527738
>something that sounds like him but that isn't considered shit around here?
Translation: Something just as good that I don't have to feel guilt for liking because faceless internet people don't like him
>>
>>70527738
his Trilogy was released when he still had indie cred
>>
Partynextdoor
>>
>>70527738
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvd3tTGKl7E
>>
>>70531592
>32 views
>>
>>70527738
If you give a shit about what people think here you're 16 or younger no doubt
>>
>>70527738
There are plenty, just check out the Toronto R&B scene.

dvsn (highly highly recommend their album SEPT 5TH), PartyNextDoor, Johnny Rain, Roy Woods, Majid Jordan, K Forest (highly highly recommend his album Eyes of Taiga), Tory Lanez, Miguel, FKA Twigs, Frank, 11:11, Bryson Tiller,
>>
>>70528129
>his music is more honest than anything else out there

You realize the entire album down to the core concept was written by his ghost writers, right?

The Weeknd is literally a project
>>
You're looking for Tyus

Try his song "City of the Rose"
>>
>>70528129
What's honest about every song being about sex and drugs? I like his voice but his lyrics are shit.
>>
>>70534335
citation needed
>>
>>70534440
very uninspired and randomly put together vocal melodies

>>70534466
they are not complex emotions but his delivery is what sells it. you can feel his frustration.
>>
>>70534620
>he thinks OP is looking for vocals

You feel for the 90's R&B meme where you think vocals for PR&B matter more than production. If OP was asking for patrician singing, he's a dummy bc you're not gonna find that in PR&B except for Miguel. Alt R&B is focused on production, people love Trilogy bc of the production dawg. Tyus has that same spacey, drugged out, chill atmosphere to his production that Trilogy Abel had.
>>
>>70535167
if you listen to the entire starboy album you will realize that there are more hooks in the verses than in the choruses. each and every melodic line of his singing is very deliberate.

miguel is literally random notes shit within a scale, zero phrasing of any sorts. he sounds like fucking drake sans autotune
>>
>>70527738
Listen to trilogy or kiss land. The weeknd was an outstanding artist before he became a pop singer. Who can blame him though; he probably gets way more pussy now he's sold out
>>
>>70527738
first of all, why are you asking for this?
third of all, i won't give you a music reccomendation
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.