[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this their best album?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

is this their best album?
>>
>>70519353
no faggot
>>
no but any of their first 5 are really acceptable choices
did any band go to shit after their peak as fast as they did, though?
>>
>>70519353
i think so. girls want to be with the girls, stay hungry, found a job, and the good thing are god tier songs. it just feels more complete than ril or 77 or sit
>>
>>70519353
No, it's Fear of Music

>>70519402
Except they never went to shit. Little Creatures, True Stories, and (especially) Naked are all good.
>>
>>70519353
if you think this is their best you're a shitty person and i hate you
>>
>>70519548
second part of this
>>
File: 144327876890.png (66KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
144327876890.png
66KB, 247x200px
>>70519556
>>
YOU CAN STILL BE EDGY AND LIKE REMAIN IN LIGHT
>>
I really don't understand how anybody could say Remain in Light isn't the best

Like I mean their other albums are great sure, but they're just collections of songs, none of them touch the overall experience that is Remain in Light
>>
>>70519707
what is that experience? i love born under punches and once in a lifetime but i think msabaf has better songs as a whole. i get that the whole polyrhythmic experimentation was ground breaking but it doesn't sound better to me because of it
>>
>>70519744
well I mean on a production side the whole album is a step up from all of their other stuff, the whole album shows a clear and consistent influence from west african music and lyricism throughout, there's a single emotional trajectory throughout

I mean if we're just talking about the polyrhythms alone there's no other album which gets close to mimicking the complexity of tracks like born under punches, let alone the timbral exploration of listening wind

pretty much the same reasons why all the songs off this album tend to be kind of shitty live, they rely on complex textures too much to be effective translated into a live band setup
>>
their best studio album, yes
>>
File: 1452135986475.jpg (18KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1452135986475.jpg
18KB, 340x340px
>>70519924
>songs on Remain in Light tend to be kind of shitty live

dude what the fuck
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.