[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: TOOL_Twit.jpg (547KB, 404x371px) Image search: [Google]
TOOL_Twit.jpg
547KB, 404x371px
Hey /m/ discribe what makes this band that great
>>
Maynard
>>
>>70517922
the drummer and sometimes a good sense of melody or comedy
>>
>>70517940
>the drummer and sometimes a good sense of melody or comedy
This.
>>
Pretty much everything. /mu/ hates the fanbase, not the actual music.
>>
Well, for starters Tool was the most innovative band to emerge from grunge's second generation. Lateralus on its own is a an imposing, awe-inspiring achievement, while Aenima opened new horizons for the entire hard-rock genre.
>>
>>70517940
^this
>>
>>70517968
Maybe it's just because I live in alabama, but I never see many tool fans. And when I do meet one, he's usually just a regular guy. Am I missing something?
>>
>>70517940
>not the bassist
>>
>>70518036
i think you do
>>
>>70518036
Yeah, the fanbase on the internet. They are usually pretentious pseudo-intellectuals that think Maynard is some sort of God and try to interpret their music as if it were a divine scripture, when in reality they are just normal folks who make good music.
>>
>>70518036
Back in the day many Tool fans were obnoxious to the point that the band essentially disowned their fanbase. The problem was that they were touring with acts and playing at the types of festivals that tended to attract morons, and they latched onto the band because of its imagery and style. People like myself who have only gotten into Tool recently never experienced dealing with said retards so it hasn't influenced our perception of the band. Honestly, they seem amazingly forward-thinking and innovative viewed against their time and context
>>
>>70518040
rec me a song that shows off his bass talents
>>
>>70518102
Fortysixandtwo
>>
>>70518102
Well, obviously Schism, that bass line is legendary. Intension, Disposition, 46 & 2, The Grudge, there are many
>>
>>70518102
Jambi and reflection are straight up bass sex
>>
>>70517922
Their live shows are pretty good.
Some interesting concept ideas.
Pretty good music videos.
>>
which are the best tool-songs?
>>
their A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>70519110
10000 days
Lateralus
Reflection
Third Eye
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
>>
>>70519110
Parabol is pretty awesome
>>
File: undertow-50196f12a5a391.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
undertow-50196f12a5a391.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
So does this band get any better after their debut album? Just heard it, didn't really like it a lot.
>>
>>70517922
AAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AYYYOOO
>disses religion
SO HOL UP HOL UP
>gets naked on stage
SO U BE SAYIN
>acts edgy
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
>sings about his mum
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
>makes wine
U BE SAYIN
>sees the pieces fit
HOL UP HOL UP
>samples Bill Hicks
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
>sings behind a curtain
SO U BE SAYIN
>charges 90 bucks for concert tickets
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
>makes another side project nobody cares about
WE GON BE
>gives the finger
FINNA WE GON BE
>bakes cookies with no eggs
AYYYOO HOL UP WE GON BE
>makes a stop-motion music video
SO WE GON BE
>drowns all of California
SO U SAYIN WE GON BE
>sees with his third eye
SOM FINNA
>makes an 11 minute soft rock dronefest
SO WE GON BE
>gets molested by his stepfather
SOM FINNA
>takes LSD once
AYYYOO SOM FINA
>insults a fan
HOL UP
>skims through a philosophy book
WE GON BE
>blames Hofmann
SOM FINNA
>shits the bed
WE GON BE
>acts bald
SOM FINNA
>only sees black and white in his infancy
HOL UP MUH NIGGUH
>messages Harry Manback
U SAYING WE GON BE
>Swans breaks up
MAKING OUR FIFTH ALBUM A DOUBLE ALBUM?
>puts on cowboy hat
>>
>>70519202
every album is different from the last one and their 2nd and 3rd albums are considered their best by most
>>
>>70519243
that does make me more interested, a friend of mine really likes 10,000 Days and there's always talks of a fifth album coming out every year, I wanna see what all the fuss is about
>>
>>70519287
to be honest, a lot of people skip the album you listened to
>>
>>70519287
Tool is known for trolling their fans every year, it's best to just forget about it and let it surprise you.
>>
>>70519329
I kind of like listening to artist's discographies chronologically so I can feel their progress. Is Undertow known as their worst album?
>>
>>70519287
10,000 days is a little samey. Lateralus is pretty amazing though, and Aenima is really solid.
>>
>>70519332
I kind of catch that since some of my friends are awaiting it since 2013
>>
>>70519393
yeah, by far
>>
>>70519393
Depends.
Some thinks its their best.
It just comes down to whether you prefer short aggressive rock songs or the sprawling progressive stuff they morphed into.
It's a solid album
>>
File: ss+(2017-01-21+at+06.23.19).png (21KB, 810x197px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-01-21+at+06.23.19).png
21KB, 810x197px
>>70519393
they're sort of like edgy pink floyd but I meant that in the best way possible
>>
DUDE
>>
I think they write powerful, organic music that is both progressive and technical while remaining catchy and free of wank. I think Maynard has a great voice that always captures the mood of the music perfectly; subtle and haunting, melodic or heavy, his delivery is always apt. Their lyrics are thoughtful and evocative and you really hang on to every word. I also really appreciate the way they've presented the thematic elements of their music in art and video.

All in all, I think they're a pretty great band.
>>
>>70520013
seconding Maynard's skill on vocals as a high point
>>
MAKE A NEW FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY ITS BEEN 11 GOD DAMN YEARS
>>
>>70520013
his voice has gone to shit though
>>
>>70519110
Third Eye, Reflection, 10.000 days
>>
i like adam jones
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.