[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite Crystal Castles song?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: crystal_castles.jpg (136KB, 940x606px) Image search: [Google]
crystal_castles.jpg
136KB, 940x606px
What's your favorite Crystal Castles song?
>>
they dont even have one guitar solo though
>>
Vanished
>>
Mother Knows Best
>>
Affection
Lost my virginity to this shit.
Now that girl is gone
and I'm wallowing in my sadness.
>>
Magic Spells is pure gasm
>>
Pap Smear

love the swelling synths that make up the harmony, and the melody is immensely catchy.
>>
>>70508090
courtship dating
>>
>>70508090
where's my vietnam-famalams?
>>
pap smear
>>
>>70508090
vanished or celestica
>>
the ones where they stole the entire instrumentation from other chiptune artists
>>
Xxzxcuzx me, fucking love the digital hardcore-esque chiptune madness, a true banger

Suffocation is also beautiful
>>
File: unnamed (2) - Copy.jpg (36KB, 1247x935px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (2) - Copy.jpg
36KB, 1247x935px
Kept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfbCLwNlGwU
>>
They have literally zero good songs
>>
Magic Spells or Vietnam, fuck there's a lot of good songs tho
>>
>>70509793
Lies. I'm not saying they are original or groundbreking, but they are a fun band with a solid discography and top-tier live performances (at least durning Alice)
>>
>>70508235
>>
>>70510061

They were fun during their debut album days but everything after that just turned more and more bleak and depressing. CC3 and A1 are barely listenable.
>>
>>70510098
CC3 was better than average, and their magnum opus is the second self titled.
>>
>>70510098

crystal castles has always been depressing, there's no mood difference between their albums at all.
>>
>>70510098
bleak and depressing =/= bad
but yea cc1 and cc2 were the high points, cc3 is still pretty good, and the band really ended when alice left
>>
>>70510135

>CC3 was better than average

No. CC3 was cringy tumblr-esque witch house. Maybe 1 or 2 good songs on it tops.
>>
This song is better than anything on CC3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnqzIYZR1GA
>>
>>70510170
>cringy
this means nothing
>tumblr-esque
true
>witch house
wasn't it always witchhouse?
>>
Alice Practice stuck with me the longest, idek if this is a pleb opinion
Also
>years later I see it appear in the second season of Skins
>feels hit for tony and sid in the club with tonys head AFU
>>
Album ranking:

1 > 2 >> 3
you know this deep in your heart to be true
>>
>>70510219

This. While 2 is technically their most accomplished and best composed work, 1 is far more enjoyable and re listenable.
>>
What's the link of that Russian party video with a song of Crystal Castles in the background? That's my favorite one, but I don't know its name.
>>
>>70510219
>>70510242
This is probably the general consensus but arguing over 1 and 2 seems like personal preference really b/c most will agree they are at least close.
Speaking of which I def prefered the version of "not in love" without robert smith but now it seems to be the only one I can find on streaming sites :(
>>
>>70510170
CC3 is nice, in my opinion, they finally did some straight up pop tunes and I love pop.
>>70510219
2 is better when you try to look at their discography objectively
>>
Doe deer
>>
Crimewave
>>
XXZXCUZX Me
>>
doe deer
>>
Doe deer

Not a meme just timing
>>
>>70508090
Crimewave and Untrust Us and Celestica
>>
>>70508090
crimewave
>>
>>70508090
Crystal Castles is Bullshit
>Though The Hosiery
>Birds
>Insectica
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.